IGNORED

West Ham (Home) Wednesday November 29th

markjazzbassist

Gotta day how impressed I am with Kenny tonight. His attacking has been excellent. Defending wise he has had a couple of nosebleeds, but has worked hard to get back into position.

Also very impressed with the real Slim Siggy! He’s looking forward at every opportunity and trying to turn players. Great to see a player get into the box and try to go past defenders.

Dare I say it? We’re looking much better.

It has been better, not sure its loads better but its certainly an improvement.

There are two things I have noticed which have been a positive.

1. The partnership between Williams and Holgate has some promise. You can see they get on well as they are communicating, they are being aggressive between them they have a bit of everything (strength and experience of Williams alongside the pace and enthusiasm of Holgate). Williams is doing a good job of managing him through the game (as well as Cucu who has also been solid).

2. Rooney in midfield has done surprisingly well. The most important thing for me is that he is also communicating to the other two and also Cucu & Kenny. He is holding position, allowing Davies to get forward and he is keeping Gueye in check too.

Loving Rooney in this deliberate deeper role.

Sigurdsson has been showing some nice touches, movement and pressing. Actually looks confident!

DCL back to being a nightmare for defenders.

What I also noticed, which I haven't seen from this team for ages, is that we have started defending in 2 clear and clean lines of 4 as West Ham look to bring the ball forward.

Go for a couple more lads. We need them. WHU look like we did at Soton.

4 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Still trying to figure out the formation we have. Especially in the middle.  It is nothing like the picture that the official everton twitter shared.  Someone wanna break this down for me? Also, I do not think my jaw has closed since the first goal.

Pickford

Kenny - Holgate - Williams - Cuco

Gueye - Rooney

Lennon ------- Davies --------- Siggy

DCL

(in the last 20, didnt watch the first 25)

Just now, chicagoblue said:

They have nothing up front and that is helping us no end. Kenny had been very good. Everyone doing a better job of perfecting possession.

Yes, Kenny has made some impressive runs tonight... the west ham defense just opened up for him...WestHam is sure a nightmare for David Moyes

21 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Still trying to figure out the formation we have. Especially in the middle.  It is nothing like the picture that the official everton twitter shared.  Someone wanna break this down for me? Also, I do not think my jaw has closed since the first goal.

4-5-1 flat, but with Davies going forward to press when the moment calls for it. Gana keeps dropping into defence when we are on the ball or just hiding near their players. Only once got in position and called for it not half arsedly. At least 3 occasions had a dirty look from Rooney and Holgate for not doing much with the ball. To be balanced he's made one tackle, but it was run out the mill /his job any way. 

Forgot to mention he waited for the ball to drop in his own box and then didn't win it. School boy.