IGNORED

Huddersfield (Home) Saturday December 2nd

markjazzbassist

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yes, let’s sit back and let a team pound us when we can’t defend to save our lives. Have a midfield that doesn’t seem capable or even want to exist. Which then leaves our single attacker plaiting his pubic hair for fun. 

I can get behind that in a big way. 

They’re going to do it regardless.  That’s his style.  I’d rather be the kryptonite to their formation and have a plan than just “give it a go” like we have been and get battered.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yes, let’s sit back and let a team pound us when we can’t defend to save our lives. Have a midfield that doesn’t seem capable or even want to exist. Which then leaves our single attacker plaiting his pubic hair for fun. 

I can get behind that in a big way. 

Isn't that what we've done all season? 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We’ve been giving it a go? I must’ve missed that in between all the being shit and looking like we haven’t got a clue :lol: 

Language barrier, in American “give it a go” means half assed, I’m shit but fuck it I’ll give it a try.  Hey why not give it a go, you never know what will happen.

im saying a game plan is better than none.

34 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Language barrier, in American “give it a go” means half assed, I’m shit but fuck it I’ll give it a try.  Hey why not give it a go, you never know what will happen.

im saying a game plan is better than none.

Mark explaining himself like

32 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

They've just been comprehensively taken apart by Arsenal.  Do we have the quality to keep possession and work the openings?  Today's performance certainly gives me some hope. 

Think it means they’ll look to be solid and shut up shop as much as possible. So it’ll be a close game, probably a draw. 

The only change I'd consider for Saturday is maybe try Sigurdsson in CM with Rooney and then Vlasic out wide. I thought Sigurdsson did well on the left but it's not his position, the way Rooney ran the game with an improving Sigurdsson, they could be dynamite in midfield. Vlasic is like Lennon, a real worker, he'll track back and defend. 

As for Niasse/DCL - well, Niasse will score more, but DCL is better as a lone striker imo, not to score the goals but to bring others into the game in the final third. Niasse as an impact sub if we need him, he works best in a front two as well. 

Bare minimal changes!

Baines back in at LB for Cuco...who really should not be there as he has absolutely no left foot at all.

Keep Kenny, Williams and Holgate. We've got to find some continuity in our selections.

Keep Rooney deep. He looked natural there.

Sigurdsson needs to stay in, seems to have found his mojo.

Can we find a way to play both DCL and Niasse without affecting either of them? Possibly sacrifice one of Davies or Gana?

2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Bare minimal changes!

Baines back in at LB for Cuco...who really should not be there as he has absolutely no left foot at all.

Keep Kenny, Williams and Holgate. We've got to find some continuity in our selections.

Keep Rooney deep. He looked natural there.

Sigurdsson needs to stay in, seems to have found his mojo.

Can we find a way to play both DCL and Niasse without affecting either of them? Possibly sacrifice one of Davies or Gana?

Would like to see how Davies and Besic gel agree with the back 4 if ready Baines for Cuco then stick with the rest.

Baines out, and NoLeftFoot is no replacement.  Kenny much better on right side.  So I’ll hope for 3 at the back.  Baningime to stay back, letting Kenny and Davies push forward regularly.  I’d like to see Besic, but I doubt Allardyce would select him.  We’ll probably see Gana.

Pickford

Holgate     Keane     Williams

Kenny     Baningime    Davies

Sigurdsson    Rooney

DCL            Niasse

Not going again today and missed West Spam- not allowed holidays in work from the end of November to beginning of January so I have to work again today- this time of year is always shite for me having to miss games. On the plus side, after Wednesday maybe I should stay away more.

COYFBB

Just now, Matt said:

Agreed. I’ve made no secret of my dislike of him, but I’ve called down a bit now so fuck it. Come on you bluuuuuues!

Yeah, I don't like him either but I'm hoping for the best.  Crook or not, I don't doubt he'll do his best for us.  Big appointment for him - he probably never thought he'd get a team as big as us again, but boy do we need what he will bring to the club and the team.