IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

44 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I would say the latter.

At the time I was a bit confused by it. But then realised at 1 down, we should have taken the ghost of Schneiderlin off and gone for it.

Allerdyce justified it by saying we got a valuable point out of it. Lost a couple of points with me there Sam...we should be getting all 3 at home against WBA.

Wrong mindset. Which is worrying.

I think he also misunderstood the booing because he is suggesting it was because of the players involved. Says it all really!

33 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I wouldn't get rid if Sam now. Pointless.

If we want Silva, make contact (we probably already had something set up anyway...or should have if we wanted him that badly!), and let it sit until Summer.

No more changes at the moment! Get this daft season finished.

I probably agree although if I was Soton I would sack Pellgrino after Spurs and sign him up straight away!

21 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Please leave now Sam, you have a reputation for shore up defences, really? Cos it's not being seen here. We have a team that give the ball away without being under pressure, do you not see it? A player who can't play left back, yet continually you play him,. A DM who doesn't want to tackle, and only passes the ball sideways or backwards.

its just not good enough

Next, rather than accept the blame, he'll blame the youngsters (already started, actually). That will be a travesty, because they've been among the bright spots of this season and are our future. They need to be encouraged, not slammed in an effort to save the manager's ego.

Anyone who's read my posts knows my feelings about Crooked Sam - the sooner he leaves, the better - but I really don't understand the calls for the manager (Silva) with the worst record in the league over the last 11 games. (I know some don't agree with this stat, but just go check it out.) Are we aiming to be a winning team or not? Do we have ambition? Are we honestly calling for someone who's just been thrown out by Watford? Yes, WATFORD - that haven of success in recent years. We'd be nuts.

Right now, 2/3 the way through the season, no top manager will want to come here. That's a fact of life, so we'd better get used to it. I'm going to stick by my guns, despite the fact that plenty disagree, and suggest we bring back Unsworth. We were improving. He has a better record than Crooked Sam. He averaged twice as many goals as either Koeman or Allardyce. If we're going to spend money, spend it on the best defensive coach we can get to support him, and for pity's sake bring in a left back before the window closes.

49 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Did I just read Coleman hasn't been missed? Ok mate

Wow, who said that?

I’m sure there’s a stat to back this up but our bad form at the tail end of last season coincided with Coleman’s injury and things have gone from bad to worse since!!!

Kenny has done a decent job but he is nowhere near the quality of a fully fit Coleman. Hopefully, Seamus can get back to even somewhere near his best as that’s still a lot better than most in his position.

10 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Wow, who said that?

I’m sure there’s a stat to back this up but our bad form at the tail end of last season coincided with Coleman’s injury and things have gone from bad to worse since!!!

Kenny has done a decent job but he is nowhere near the quality of a fully fit Coleman. Hopefully, Seamus can get back to even somewhere near his best as that’s still a lot better than most in his position.

Kenny is decent but he doesn’t add goals or assist much.  Coleman was another potent attacking threat.  He made them take him away which opens space for others. Or they’d game plan Lukaku and Seamus would gallop in and score.  Our attack is so one dimensional now we are crying out for someone else to bring a different attack dimension.  That is Seamus.  We miss him dearly.

his player of the year campaign he had some solo runs where he should have just worn a cape and called him zorro.

18 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

his player of the year campaign he had some solo runs where he should have just worn a cape and called him zorro.

Loved the goal v Southampton in 13 (we were there) when he ran down the wing and was waving his arms asking for an outlet, didn't get one so you could almost hear him saying, "Fuck it I'll do it myself then" and he cut in and smashed to ball home. Classic.

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

Wow, who said that?

Must admit, I am not convinced he will be good enough for the long term but that could be because he is in such a dreadful side. He would be a really solid back up option that never let' you down, a bit like Hibbert was once Seamus came through.

I'll reserve full judgment until we have a decent manager in place. 

League record of each manager - updated.

Koeman: Played 9, Win 2, Draw 2, Loss 5, For 7, Against 18, Points 8
Average per game: For 0.8, Against 2.0, Points 0.9

Unsworth: Played 5, Win 2, Draw 1, Loss 2, For 10, Against 10, Points 7
Average per game: For 2.0, Against 2.0, Points 1.4

Allardyce: Played 10, Win 3, Draw 4, Loss 3, For 9, Against 11, Points 13
Average per game: For 0.9, Against 1.1, Points 1.3

2 hours ago, Paddock said:

I think Allerdyce knows he will never be fully accepted here and he knows he’ll be replaced in the summer- I think the players also know this and there lies part of the problem. His appointment was a terrible decision as it’s left the club with no long term stability or vision.

If that's the case, it's no different than when Unsworth was in place, other than he has had some form of job length contract, if what were told is correct.

Either was we look at it were rudderless, spineless and hopeless at the moment

8 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I think the Allardyce factor certainly got Unsworth his last win. Also are we including Unsworths Cup games? No? He was an absolute Sham

31 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Surprise surprise! Who would have thought that?

If he needs more pace and energy  in midfield then why isn'tt he playing Gana over Schneiderlin? Why hasn't he gone to Walsh and begged for a pacey midfielder? Surely we will have to now that McCarthy is out? 

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m disappointed in Allardyce’s view, although I imagine many/most on TT agree with him.

I agree it’s unwise to play Sigurdsson out left with Rooney as #10.  Rooney should be played as deeper lying playmaker.  The problem seems to me to be the foolish insistence on playing 2 DCMs.

We need attackers, and playing - at times, not every minute of every match - both Sigurdsson and Rooney can produce forward movement and good passing to wingers and strikers.

I fear we will continue to play boring, discombobulated, ineffective football if Allardyce sets up defensively, using Schneiderlin, Gana, and Martina together.  The default 4-2-3-1 isn’t working, either defensively or offensively.  The Gana-Schneiderlin pairing doesn’t work, and Martina harms us repeatedly.

I’m still plugging for 3-2-3-2.  Drop Martina, alternate Rooney with Davies as deep lying, play Sigurdsson # 10, play 2 wingers and 2 strikers.

8 hours ago, Paddock said:

I think Allerdyce knows he will never be fully accepted here and he knows he’ll be replaced in the summer- I think the players also know this and there lies part of the problem. His appointment was a terrible decision as it’s left the club with no long term stability or vision.

its a complete joke, all blame on Moshiri and Walsh for making the appointment and taking forever.  They should just fire Sam and get Silva in now, give him the rest of the season to work with the players and get the mood back to normal.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

its a complete joke, all blame on Moshiri and Walsh for making the appointment and taking forever.  They should just fire Sam and get Silva in now, give him the rest of the season to work with the players and get the mood back to normal.

What has Silva done to suggest he's good enough? 

16 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I think it is less about managers,  more about a crap squad.