IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Unsworth failed. how difficult is it to understand that? 

We beat a shocking west ham but were destroyed by an awful Southampton... unsworth wasn't the answer.

I was all for unsworth. But he wasn't good enough. His subs and selections were poor. He's a nice guy and all tga  but no.... not ready. 

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

How was he turning it around? We looked piss poor in every game bar his last against a very poor and out of sorts West Ham which some would argue having the new manager in the stands could have given some of the lads a physiological kick up the arse 

Watford we got very lucky to come away with three points and bar those two wins we were absolutely terrible

Played 8 L-5 W-2 D-1 isn'tttt showing any signs of turning it around 

Context is important here, guys. How did he fail? Europa was already a write-off, League Cup was a nice to have. 50% of points won in the league (luck or not, we won the points). He is the one that inherited the shitstorm from Koeman and tried to bring some semblence of stability and confidence back to the side (meanwhile Fat Sam has taken every opportunity to undermine the squad a. People are using the Koeman disaster as an excuse to borderline defend Allardyce (how could he do well with this squad, they're shit, etc.) who is supposedly an expert at stabilising shit teams, but Unsworth was expected to without backing or experience in 8 games?! Fuck me.

He didn't fail for the same reason he didn't succeed; he didn't have time to prove either way, and he wasn't backed to.

In my eyes, the football was improving slowly, and it was always going to take more than a season to undo the mess Koeman left behind. But at least I felt like we had a chance with Unsworth, at least he gave the impression that he wanted to unite a decimated squad. Under this one, I expect nothing but a thrashing week after week, with him pointing the fingers at everyone one but himself.

14 minutes ago, hafnia said:

The west ham game could have very easily gone the other way. It was a far from convincing performance in my book. Their missed penalty was key. 

But it didnt, and everyone in the team, even Kenwright if I remember correctly, gave Unsworth credit for the victory. Lets not try and re-write history - it was a 4-0 win as much as the Southampton game was a 4-0 spanking. The scorelines kinda give that away.

We've been spanked by a very good Spurs side and Arsenal who seem to have found some balance to their side bar those two and the loss to Bournemouth we've done quite well result wise 

I want the man out as quick as the next but Unsworth as much as I like the man wasn't turning anything around I could go into depth and flip things but I don't have the time for the man nor do I want to come across as defending him 

The best thing Unsworth did was bring in Beni who I think should be featuring more bar that I had no confidence in him doing anything 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Whilst we are at it.... I couldn't give a crap that fat Sam was partial to a bung or that he's a prick and that unsworth is a top lad.  

Fact is.... neither are good enough for the job. 

I would sooner have a good honourable guy managing our club but above all they need to be good at what they do.

Anyone seen the film Roadhouse?..... our club is the double deuce. At the moment it's chaos, it needs cleaning up big time. Employee's taking the piss and stealing a living, customers fighting amongst themselves, we need a serious clear out and that happens when we identify all of those responsible for contributing to it's pathetic state. 

This!!

who’s arsed about them on a personal level- all’s I care about is Everton winning football matches. If they’re not good enough get rid. Don’t care if they are a saint or sold their soul to the devil. I don’t care!!

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

The west ham game could have very easily gone the other way. It was a far from convincing performance in my book. Their missed penalty was key. 

We were on the ropes when they missed that then Rooneys scores a worldy- fine margins. We were shite under Unsworth- absolute shite

51 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

We've been spanked by a very good Spurs side and Arsenal who seem to have found some balance to their side bar those two and the loss to Bournemouth we've done quite well result wise 

I want the man out as quick as the next but Unsworth as much as I like the man wasn't turning anything around I could go into depth and flip things but I don't have the time for the man nor do I want to come across as defending him 

The best thing Unsworth did was bring in Beni who I think should be featuring more bar that I had no confidence in him doing anything 

Exactly right- I get people are desperate to get rid of Allerdyce but to suggest Unsworth was turning it around is ridiculous. Clouded judgement.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

Exactly right- I get people are desperate to get rid of Allerdyce but to suggest Unsworth was turning it around is ridiculous. Clouded judgement.

People will always see through rose tinted glasses at those who love them. David Unsworth loves Everton and some of the fans are wearing the glasses.

2 hours ago, Paddock said:

Yeh you can't say he was turning it around but you can say that he wasnt doing any worse than those before or after him, which I think is the bigger point being made by most. 

Well no one from this forum should run the club haha. Funny how so many people are right and others are wrong.

Should be able to just accept that people see things differently. Some of us enjoyed the football more under Unsworth than either of the other two. I’m one of them.

Some of you thought the football was worse.

Some of you don’t give a shit about the performances, just the result. 

Were all football fans that’s all. Most of it is just opinion and nothing more.

Unless your PeteO or Palfy, then your just wrong, plain wrong!

21 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Yeh you can't say he was turning it around but you can say that he wasnt doing any worse than those before or after him, which I think is the bigger point being made by most. 

Depends on how you look at it, and it's nothing to do with "clouded judgement". I could argue the "clouded judgement" from the doom-merchants too; blinded by fear and shattered expectations.

I saw positive signs of improvement, and if he had been given a decent chance by the board, I believe he would've turned it around - for me that means a mid-table finish which is all I ever expected of this season after the summer transfer activity. That had nothing to do with him being an Evertonian, ex-player, etc., it's based on what I saw. That doesn't mean I didn't see there was still masses of crap too, but with such little time and no real backing from above, he did better than people are saying he did. 

I'm judging his time based on what he inherited and what he started to put in place. Unfortunately, the current manager that the doom-merchants were saying we desperately needed way back in October has systematically undone any good that Unsworth was trying to put in place. i.e. player confidence, team spirit.

Since Allardyce came, he was done everything he can to undermine the morale of individuals and the team, whether that be cancelling the team Christmas dinner (amazed how many people didn't understand how that would impact in a negative way), or talking to the press about individuals. 

3 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

I hope that's not true. Competing is a choice. It's a decision made by everyone at the club. If we've accepted this what's stopping us from accepting we can't compete with any other team in the league, or world for that matter. Cowards. 

Anyone in the coaching staff, boardroom or player that accepts that then they need to get the fuck out of this club. 

Do you think the Swansea manager and players went in with that same philosophy a few days before? Did they bollocks. 

Can't wait for him to go. The whole episode of this last season has been a complete and utter shambles. 

Btw I don't think he's applying himself to the role like I thought he would. Almost appears like he's going through the motions.... not even arsed. It's horrible. 

5 hours ago, Paddock said:

It’s funny how some people are up in aarms ( and rightly so) over us losing 5-1 to Arsenal yet seem to think us losing to an utterly shit Southampton side 4-0 and a 5-1 home drubbed ng to a mid table Italian team was progress.

The progress was the coming from behind at Watford to win, coming back from behind twice against Palace, West Ham being demolished, youth players coming in and showing potential in place of senior players who couldn't find their own arsehole with a torch and a map. That was progress based on what had gone on before. Maybe people have forgotten how shit things truly were under Koeman already (understandable, I'd love to erase the past 12 months from memory too)

Not one person has said it was all roses, just pointing out that there were positives. 

6 hours ago, Paddock said:

It’s funny how some people are up in aarms ( and rightly so) over us losing 5-1 to Arsenal yet seem to think us losing to an utterly shit Southampton side 4-0 and a 5-1 home drubbed ng to a mid table Italian team was progress.

Don’t think anyone thought it was progress at all. Weren’t we all up in arms at those defeats as well? As a fan I hate every defeat, I just hate losing all round. 

But losing to Arsenal in that way was just as bad for me. It’s the whole run we’ve been on and not just a result in isolation.

Chelsea got hammered by Watford, but I don’t think hey are light years behind Watford. On another day Chelsea would destroy them. But I do think we are light years behind Arsenal, in our play to a point but also in our application towards opponents. This is what is hurting the most!

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Don’t think anyone thought it was progress at all. Weren’t we all up in arms at those defeats as well? As a fan I hate every defeat, I just hate losing all round. 

But losing to Arsenal in that way was just as bad for me. It’s the whole run we’ve been on and not just a result in isolation.

Chelsea got hammered by Watford, but I don’t think hey are light years behind Watford. On another day Chelsea would destroy them. But I do think we are light years behind Arsenal, in our play to a point but also in our application towards opponents. This is what is hurting the most!

I agree we are miles away in our tactics and application than Arsenal, yet not so long ago we beat a far better Arsenal team than the one we saw a couple of weeks ago 4-0 and never gave them a kick.

What's happened to us in such a short space of time is catastrophic, brought about by a new owner who has allowed Walsh to have to much of a voice in all things team related.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

The progress was the coming from behind at Watford to win, coming back from behind twice against Palace, West Ham being demolished, youth players coming in and showing potential in place of senior players who couldn't find their own arsehole with a torch and a map. That was progress based on what had gone on before. Maybe people have forgotten how shit things truly were under Koeman already (understandable, I'd love to erase the past 12 months from memory too)

Not one person has said it was all roses, just pointing out that there were positives. 

A lucky win against Watford you mean after their first choice keeper was injured and their second choice let us back in it and they missed a last gasp pen- Palace away were we got a dodgy penalty and another bad mistake let us back in it where we were played off the park both games? Battered by a dysfunctional (at the time)  Leicester team, drubbed by Lyon, Atalanta, Soton and the West Ham game will always be up for debate. 

I hate Allerdyce being here but lets not pretend we should have stuck with Unsworth because we were sinking like a stone with him in charge and as I’ve stated many times I don’t hold that against him because he was asked to do a job he was clearly not ready to do yet.

We’ve gained 13 points from losing positions

4 points with Koeman ( win against Bournemouth , draw with Brighton)

4 points under Unsworth

5 points under Allardyce ( the shite, Swansea and West Brom)

All 3 managers have played the kids at some point so I’m really struggling to see where the progress was made under Unsy

I can’t think of a single positive other than he’s no longer manager