Paddock

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

He's hopefully on his way out now, but he's played us like a bunch of idiots, holds out for 18 month contract,  achieves the basic task of staying in the premiership, realises he isn'tt liked here, realises he probably won't serve the full 18months, sets the team up to play negatively, gives negative and derogatory towards the players press conferences, end of season gets the sack with full payout of contract, off he goes on holiday, and will probably get another fire fighting job mid way though next season with similar money.

Anyone else wish they could have a similar business model for themselves?

What punishment? The kopites went out of their way to tap up VVD quite publically, “stopped” when asked and a short time later, lo! VVD signed! There was no punishment there, why should there be for approaching an unemployed manager?

For the record, I still think our pursuit of him was disgraceful and a complete contradiction to Everton values and conduct

People tend to show themselves for what they really are when the chips are down....

The arrogant tit thought he and his media chums could wrangle a bit of sympathy and support at our expense ....  He knew his number was up so started feigning offence at the club making boardroom changes without telling him and his team?!

Fuck off hippo head.  Take your expensively assembled crew of coaches and yes men with you. 

Sadly for the premier league we will probably see him take the reigns of someone like Huddersfield in November after sunning himself in Benidorm for 5 Months

At last. Glad we have seen sense.

He was never a good fit for our club but was the by product of some poor internal decision making, planning and timing.

Yes, a small thanks for the stability. But that's all. He knew he was only here for 6 months and played the situation very well...fair play to him. You only live once and he's now settled for life, as are his kids and grandchildren.

We move on. Really hope we all, from the boardroom to the fanbase, have learnt a lot from recent happenings and can get back to being a good club with dignity.

On a bus to Cornwall and am checking the site at the first opportunity. When I couldn’t find the Crooked Sam thread, I knew the news must be good. WHOOHOO. 

Now we can get a real manager, not someone with the humility of Donald Trump, the ethics of Al Capone, the footballing nous of Oliver Hardy, and the looks of Catweazle. 

Thank you, Mr Moshiri sir, and sorry for occasionally doubting you. 

29 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

On a bus to Cornwall and am checking the site at the first opportunity. When I couldn’t find the Crooked Sam thread, I knew the news must be good. WHOOHOO. 

Now we can get a real manager, not someone with the humility of Donald Trump, the ethics of Al Capone, the footballing nous of Oliver Hardy, and the looks of Catweazle. 

Thank you, Mr Moshiri sir, and sorry for occasionally doubting you. 

Steve, you were a tad unfair on Oliver Hardy.

Was out of WiFi zone when this came through, just got a text from Josh, fucking happy days.

Coincidentally this is the first day on hols that I've worn an Everton shirt, it won't be the last:jumpforjoy:.

Pleased 😃 to fuck he’s gone, but I hope 🤞 they’ve already found his replacement and we don’t drag it out panic and get another Koeman or Allardyce in in desperation

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Was out of WiFi zone when this came through, just got a text from Josh, fucking happy days.

Coincidentally this is the first day on hols that I've worn an Everton shirt, it won't be the last:jumpforjoy:.

Unless we appoint Pardew! :violent:

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I just wish that someone would point out that his miraculous turnround of the defence may just have had something to do with Baines and Coleman coming back, we all know that but it should be pointed out in the press.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44154432

Allardyce was heavily criticised by Everton fans for the team's style of play under him, but he feels the dissenting voices drowned out those who supported him.

"I think there were certainly more Everton fans who were happy with what we were doing and going in the right direction than the ones that weren't," he said.

"Those who show discontent are the ones who are more open and vocal about it. I would say most of them didn't want me out."

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

The guy is living in a parallel universe.

• We've seen fan negativity to a few managers in recent years, but none was as vocal and intense and unanimous as witnessed against this crook. How can anyone seriously entertain the idea that one percent, let alone a majority, of fans support him? He's serious deluded.
  • The media keep suggesting that he fixed a mess of a defence. That's really not true. We were missing the very heart of our defence, with Martina, for example, who's not good in the first place, playing out of position. As Mike pointed out, Coleman was out, Baines was out, Funes Mori was out. Wasn't Jagielka out at one point? The crook sorted out the square root of nothing: He just looked good when these guys came back.
  • We were NOT in relegation trouble, so I wish the media would stop saying so. Unsworth had as good a points record as Sam; the difference is that he'd built some momentum. I'd argue that Sam's initial success was the direct result of this momentum. As Sam's influence took effect, we did worse.
  • In previous years, a team with fewer than 50 points would have finished in the bottom half of the table. This year, we had 49. In Martinez' final year we had 47. I don't see 49 points as something to boast about.
  • The most disappointing thing for me was his throwing Unsworth under the bus. "The defence was a mess", "he was out of his league", "he couldn't cope", etc. This was unjustified. Claiming the 4-0 win over West Ham as his own was sickening.

During Sam's time, I saw no strategy, just a boringly predictable tactic for not losing. There was no ambition, no excitement, no hope, no pride, and no improvement. Youngsters were cast aside. Players were criticized for a single mistake. Confidence players lost confidence. Professionals, especially the older players, never came out with positive statements but bit their tongues. These months were dismal.

I challenge Sam to find a single fan who's disappointed he's gone. Personally, I'm over the moon that he's been fired, and, as far as I can tell, so is everyone else.

On 30/11/2017 at 22:52, hafnia said:

The players deserve him.... they deserve to get absolutely stripped and micromanaged from set pieces etc.

They have let us down badly along with the previously mentioned nob heads. 

Enjoy training boys. 

Let's just say the players are probably made up now and thinking "lets' crack on".... for me though too much damage has been done.  A good few should no longer be allowed to wear the shirt. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

didn't know he had a son, what's his deal?

He posted this on Twitter the bellend, delusional prick like his old man, he got shot down rapidly though 

"Just watched Atletico Madrid win the Europa League Final 3-0. Don’t play very attractive football though do they. Their fans can’t be happy with that..."

39 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

He posted this on Twitter the bellend, delusional prick like his old man, he got shot down rapidly though 

"Just watched Atletico Madrid win the Europa League Final 3-0. Don’t play very attractive football though do they. Their fans can’t be happy with that..."

Wow