IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

Still maintain that he is coming into a very easy job. Give us a solid mid table position and it will feel like job done this year. And the team is more than capable of doing it.

Confidwnce is needed more than anything else. If you can motivate the team you are 75% there. It’s a great move by Sam.

40 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Still maintain that he is coming into a very easy job. Give us a solid mid table position and it will feel like job done this year. And the team is more than capable of doing it.

Confidwnce is needed more than anything else. If you can motivate the team you are 75% there. It’s a great move by Sam.

Yep.

All he has to do is solidify the backline and we have enough in the team to do the rest. Although making the backline solid is a task in itself.

If he sorts the backline and finds the right balance in the rest of the team, we'll pick up more than enough points to finish in the top half. Possibly push for 7th by the end of the season.

Overall our season is done, just pride to fight for really.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I think it is easy for him to come in, finish midtable and claim he 'saved' us - which will be ironic considering he takes us over in 13th, a win away from the top half. 

What is far from easy is getting us back to where everyone expected us to be at the start of the season, pushing the top 6. He has a massive job to do recruitment wise, loads of dead wood and dross to clear out, and he also has to show he can develop some of the best youngsters in the country into genuine top flight talent. 

This season is a free hit for him, provided he doesn't cock it up and get us relegated. Next season I think he'll find he's out of his depth matching the club's ambitions. 

He will make us tougher to beat, tighten us up at the back, that will give us confidence to play more attacking football. A few wins, some additions in January and we will be fine.

My main concern is who has say over transfers, I do not want "Allardyce" type players brought in so I hope that Walsh is the man bringing in the new recruits. With the exception of coco I am happy with the players we got in the summer, they haven't all adapted to the league or us yet , but I believe they all will contribute.

18 month contract means there is a good chance he will be gone in the summer and with the world cup ending then as well we will get a more Everton type manager.

32 minutes ago, Bill said:

There is always the fear that if he has a good season they will give him an extended contract.

If he does do well why wouldn’t we give him one? If he managed to win us the FA Cup and finish innthe top 8 then challenge for top 6 the season after I would want him to get one. I’m not arsed who manages us as long as they’re successful.

I think it’s a mute point anyway as none of the above will happen BUT if he was successful we would be stupid to get rid of him - uttery snobbery at it’s finest if we did. 

Just doesn't feel right this. Somehow can't get my head around the idea of him being our manager. It feels like we've stepped back in time about 15 years. 

I'll probably never like him, I hope I can one day take my hat off to him and say he did a decent job. I just hope to fuck it doesn't end up being a very expensive mistake. I can see him walking off in May 2019 a much richer man with us mired in 10th and a squad full of overpaid lumpers,  wondering what the fuck happened to our dreams of being the 7th big Prem club. I really hope I'm wrong. 

4 minutes ago, nogs said:

Just doesn't feel right this. Somehow can't get my head around the idea of him being our manager. It feels like we've stepped back in time about 15 years. 

I'll probably never like him, I hope I can one day take my hat off to him and say he did a decent job. I just hope to fuck it doesn't end up being a very expensive mistake. I can see him walking off in May 2019 a much richer man with us mired in 10th and a squad full over overpaid pumper, wondering what the fuck happened to our dreams of being the 7th big Prem club. I really hope I'm wrong. 

minimum to get a contract extension is Europe or Cup win for me.  Anything other than that and i'd rather find someone else next next summer.

He’s here now. Simple as that. 

Ill get behind him and I hope he proves me wrong and is successful here. Not my first choice or even in the top five, but it’s not my decision. 

I live, and love Everton, I don’t just support them. My club comes before any manager or player, always has and always will do.

Lets see what you can do Big Sam, prove a lot of us wrong and we’ll at least accept you.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Liar. It was all about the money. He retired when he left Palace because he wanted to be able to enjoy his life while he was still relatively young. 

Even this interview makes it seem like he understands that he is a part of righting the ship in a long term project. Honestly, so long as he's still got the fire in our belly, he can do a lot to refocus our fundamentals, build the players confidence, rescue the season a bit, and leave a pretty good dish to serve up for the next guy.

One thing: It will just need to be decided VERY quickly after the season ends (maybe before the season ends) if he is going to stay on in 2018/2019 or leave after six months and take his payday.