IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

unsy written off after 2 matches and sam needs time and a window to sort it?  some real comedians on here

We got absolutely battered under unsworth.  Demoralised.  He's a youth manager and a loyal blue.  Job was too big for him. I was fully behind him but ffs we didn't look good. 

Under sam we have stopped conceding goals.... Simple as that

My final take on this is that allardyce is patching us up.  We can't address the personnel issues with games coming thick and fast and no window open to buy players. 

Get the 40 points and come may time have a real look at what we are gonna do. My guess is Silva will come in. 

How lucky do people think we were last season?

Or were we a man team in a Lukaku?

People are saying it’s bothingg to do with form, but rather that our players are shit.

Defence.

Baines is past it apparently, so it can’t be him.

Coleman is missed big time, we can pretty much all agree on that one.

Midfield.

Barkley is hit and miss for most people, so can’t be missing him much.

Bolasie is even more so, so can’t be him.

Barry, didn’t play most of the second half of the season did he?

Attack.

Lukaku. Like it or not, we’re missing him big time.

Delefeuo. Another hit and miss.

Kone,... KONE! That’s it! Simple really. We need Kone back.

But honestly. Have we got adequate replacements for the above players?

Coleman, Barkley and Lukaku have not been replaced for me. Kenny is doing a grand job, but he isn’t Coleman yet. Siggy isn’t nearly as creative as Barkley. DCL is doing an excellent job up there, but he can’t score if we can’t create.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Barry, didn’t play most of the second half of the season did he?

He is the biggest miss for me. He controls the midfield and his what a terrible tactician Koeman was. The defense is sorted by Sam, and somehow Rooney is replacing Lukaku's goals. Major problem is the lack of control in midfield. All Barry's teammates say how good he is to play with, that he's never scared of the ball. You look at Gana and Schneiderlin and it's like they are playing hot potato. Last 8 games of the season when Barry was fazed out was when Everton become shite. Davies is half the player without Barry, the other two aren't good enough to get the best out of him, never give him an option. 

On 27/12/2017 at 13:52, hafnia said:

We got absolutely battered under unsworth.  Demoralised.  He's a youth manager and a loyal blue.  Job was too big for him. I was fully behind him but ffs we didn't look good. 

Under sam we have stopped conceding goals.... Simple as that

Job too big for him? We don't know, do we. Unsworth never got a fair chance and took directly over Koemans mess. And also had to deal with some tough away-games.

11 minutes ago, Sev said:

Job too big for him? We don't know, do we. Unsworth never got a fair chance and took directly over Koemans mess. And also had to deal with some tough away-games.

We got dicked 4-1 by Southampton.  Absolutely annihilated by atalanta. 

His subs and tactics were that of a manager who was like a rabbit in headlights. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

He inherited a trainwreck of a squad. Won his last game 4-0, the EL games were worthless too.

He didn't have anywhere near enough time, but that's not to say he was or wasn't good enough.

Needless to say, I don't think his spell indicated that we, a club with significant finanical backing aiming to play European football and potentially win a cup (and maybe break into the top six), should be so eager to give the keys over to a completely unproven, inexperienced man whose not managed a senior team before just because "he is one of us" or gives great interviews.

7 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Needless to say, I don't think his spell indicated that we, a club with significant finanical backing aiming to play European football and potentially win a cup (and maybe break into the top six), should be so eager to give the keys over to a completely unproven, inexperienced man whose not managed a senior team before just because "he is one of us" or gives great interviews.

Agree, was just trying to balance out the facts a bit.

He inherited a trainwreck of a squad. Won his last game 4-0, the EL games were worthless too.
He didn't have anywhere near enough time, but that's not to say he was or wasn't good enough.
He inherited the exact same squad that Allardyce did , the way things were going he had too much time. Any longer and we would have been firmly ensconced in the bottom three

22 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He inherited the exact same squad that Allardyce did , the way things were going he had too much time. Any longer and we would have been firmly ensconced in the bottom three

Or he might have turned it around after beating West Ham 4 nil.

Or Allardyce might not have done so well had Unsy not guided the team to a confidence boosting 4 nil win. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

The same squad that Sam has inherited.  I love unsworth but nothing changed.... Not in 5 weeks.  I thought he could be the man for the job but clearly wasn't. It wasn't the right time to take a gamble on a novice. 

He may end up being a good manager but this wasn't the time. 

Or he might have turned it around after beating West Ham 4 nil.
Or Allardyce might not have done so well had Unsy not guided the team to a confidence boosting 4 nil win. 

I’m not having that, this is text book Allardyce football, it’s plain to see he has told the defenders to go back to basics and in doing so he has restored their confidence

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I’m not having that, this is text book Allardyce football, it’s plain to see he has told the defenders to go back to basics and in doing so he has restored their confidence

I don't disagree but do you not think the 4 nil win and stability of having a confirmed manager had quite a dramatic effect on morale at the time (considering how low it was)?

I think we have to say Sam has turned us around. He knows football and you don’t hear many players slagging him. I think he knows he’s good at what he does but hasn’t had the chance to show it in the premier league. I think he is licking his lips on what he can do with us after the summer. Can u imagine getting a Luke Shaw or the lad from Fulham? That’s a potential future England back five. Get a magician in the middle of the park and some strikers and we will be up there I believe 

11 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I think we have to say Sam has turned us around. He knows football and you don’t hear many players slagging him. I think he knows he’s good at what he does but hasn’t had the chance to show it in the premier league. I think he is licking his lips on what he can do with us after the summer. Can u imagine getting a Luke Shaw or the lad from Fulham? That’s a potential future England back five. Get a magician in the middle of the park and some strikers and we will be up there I believe 

not sure I have heard any Everton players ever slagging off a manager.

2 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Do football players have opinions? Passing opinions these days is a dangerous game. There's always someone who can be offended.

From what I can gather though, Allardyce is highly regarded amongst his peers, both from other football professionals and members of the media (hatchet job aside).

Sure Allardyce is a pragmatist, his style of football is not easy on the eye but the team's he has managed have limited what can be achieved. Even today with our squad, it's largely garbage compared to where fans expect it to be. Without Coleman, Baines, Barkley, Barry and Lukaku playing in the team at the top of their game it's nowhere near the quality we have been used to.

This 5 players, at their peak, are good enough for any team in the League. We have been missing basically ALL of them throughout the season.

So tell me, oh wise Evertonians, what the fuck is Allardyce supposed to do about missing FIVE key players until he can get through the January transfer window?

He's tightened up one of the worst defenses in the league, albeit at the expense of attacking verve, but we can stop looking over our shoulder now. If we can get through the entire Christmas fixture list unbeaten then that's a hell of an achievement considering the run of games, the list of injuries and the previous form we had been in.

It's not about results, TallPaul. It's about possession. That's what football is about

5 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

It's not about results, TallPaul. It's about possession. That's what football is about

it's about the same thing it has been, the beautiful game (said in a brazilian portuguese accent).  it's entertainment, i want to be entertained.  not worried about winning possession, just want attractive football.  martinez first season (attacking possession football) and various matches of moyes season (direct attacks with great link up play ie pienaar baines ossie) both offered some great stuff to watch, it doesn't all need to be Pep derivative.  parking the bus, punting away everything up the field, passes to the opposition just so the ball isn'tt in our half, praying for a miracle penalty/corner/worldie solo goal, isn'tt attractive or entertaining.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

it's about the same thing it has been, the beautiful game (said in a brazilian portuguese accent).  it's entertainment, i want to be entertained.  not worried about winning possession, just want attractive football.  martinez first season (attacking possession football) and various matches of moyes season (direct attacks with great link up play ie pienaar baines ossie) both offered some great stuff to watch, it doesn't all need to be Pep derivative.  parking the bus, punting away everything up the field, passes to the opposition just so the ball isn'tttt in our half, praying for a miracle penalty/corner/worldie solo goal, isn'tttt attractive or entertaining.

I knew you sympathized with those diving fairies. 

Unfortunately for you, sports are judged by results first and foremost. If aesthetics are your primary desire, I suggest becoming an art enthusiast. If you purely want entertainment, may I suggest watching a movie. I want to win.

I enjoy attacking football and take little joy in seeing my entire team sit on our own 18 yard box, but the most joy I take is when my team gets 3 points and finishes the season in a high position. My team succeeding matters more to me than anything else. I'm sure Wigan fans and Rayo Vallecano fans loved the free flowing football they played under Roberto Martinez and Paco Jemez, but I'm sure that more of them would've sacrificed some on style to preserve their top flight status. 

Screaming your head off about the style we play being shite when were in the relegation zone in late October while we now could potentially take a European place is short-sighted, irrational, and steeped in emotion (Lots of emotional talkers on here, rather than rationalists). Big Sam could rescue the season and take us into a European place, leaving us in a much better position to recruit the right players and have another go at it in 2018/2019... Finally, I'll point out that so many posters on here think it's okay to declare a final judgment on a player or a manager after 5 matches when that is way too small of a sample size. I'll hold out on declaring a final opinion Allardyce until March or April at the earliest when I've seen enough to be a fair arbitrator of his managerial ability.

As for my second highlighted point- The best Everton football I've season was late 11/12 (Everton 3 Newcastle 1), early 12/13 (Everton 3 Villa 0), and Moyes' final few matches here (Everton 2 WHU 0). The team was bent towards attacking but very direct and quick in its build up while we still had a physical presence, the high work rate of a typical Moyes' team, and plenty of 1-2's and great passing. 

As for parking the bus - depends on the match, but it truly is the best way to get a result against the Shite. They have pace and are ruthless on the counter but not nearly good enough in build up play and creative passing to break down a condensed side. They will hammer goals home in 3 on 3 break aways but are relatively tame to any side with defensive solidarity.  

Now, I think we all here should pitch in to get Mark a Bein sports tv subscription so he has tv rights to the Spanish league and some of the south american leagues - you'll like the football a lot more there. I'll also suggest Bundesliga on Fox - lots of attacking play there. 

29 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Well scripted opinion, but it’s nothing more than that.

Shortsighted is not seeing that fans who crave for entertaining football more than results are just as big followers of any team than yourself. Shortsighted is the wrong word, naive is more apt.

I am probably one of the most emotional posters in here, but it’s because I love my team. I still see football as a sport before a business. Am I naive?, no, I see that to survive you need results and income.... but that’s not why I love football and I won’t change that. I love football for the romanticism, spirit, heart and unpredictability.

I love Everton because they are in my heart, not because they have a great business model.

But I also recognise that other people have a different view on football than me. Some people put the results first and foremost, and I rank these people as loving the club the same as I do....different, but the same.

Doesnt make any of us right or wrong, and it doesn’t mean anyone loves football or Everton more or less.

But I do wish people would wind their ego in a bit and realise their opinions are simply just that, opinions. I think MJB enjoys football as much as any of us for his own reasons... and those reasons are right for him.

I would never suggest anyone on here loves Everton more or less than I do - you all are crazy enough to spend time posting and venting about the club on here as I am.