IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

Whether you like him or not the board have made there decision, personally I’m just happy 😃 that we have a manager in place  now we need get behind him for the good of the club and help restore some normality in our lives because we couldn’t carry on the way we were my health couldn’t take it much longer.

The only doubts I have if he’s here next season is will better players want to sign for him due to his style of play. 

Far from over the moon but as I've said in the other thread, I'm more pissed at the powers that be who allowed us to end up with Allardyce.

But I've no doubt he will get us winning and conceding much less. Like it or not, the Allardyce way works. He's quite a big character too, so he'll bring a bit of calm and discipline. It may not be pretty a lot of the time but it will be effective.

One thing I think is that Allardyce didn' want a deal until the end off the season then be dumped. So he's got an extra 12 months, probably knowing full well that come the end off this season we may well just dump him anyway and go for a preferrd choice. But he'll get a nice pay off for that too. Then he'll retire once and for all.

6 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Forgive me for being an uncouth new worlder, but can someone enlighten me on the hate for Lee?  I understand that he's a Red, but was there some incident or series of incidents that puts him in a different category from the average redshite?

Not that I can recall; it's just that he was there a long time as player and coach so he's a hardened red.

He's fat, 
He's round, 
He bounces on the ground,
Sammy Lee, 
Sammy Lee...

:rolleyes:

Scratching around for whatever thin gruel we can serve up as positives, I don't think Allardyce will suffer lazy, sulking shit bags who pull out of challenges and gripe at each other. He'll expect players to pull their heads out their arse and behave like men, or find themselves training in isolation. 

Then he'll sell them all and sign 11 Kevin Nolan clones in January. 

Just now, nogs said:

Scratching around for whatever thin gruel we can serve up as positives, I don't think Allardyce will suffer lazy, sulking shit bags who pull out of challenges and gripe at each other. He'll expect players to pull their heads out their arse and behave like men, or find themselves training in isolation. 

Then he'll sell them all and sign 11 Kevin Nolan clones in January. 

There are clearly some players whose time with the club needs to end in January or the Summer. If anything, I think Sam will do a good job of clearing out some dead wood.

We’ve got to get behind him. Is not him that’s put us where we are at the minute is it? The man knows his worth rightly or wrongly and I’m hoping the club will seep into his blood like it has the rest of us. I can see him with a point to prove and would happily see him take us to where we  should be. Shakespeare has come with a good pedigree and I don’t get what the problem is with sammy lee. People would have been quite happy with rafa who has slighted us in the past. Don’t get me wrong silva would have been ideal and I’m sure we will regret it not pushing the boat out for him but we are in a total mess. Let’s crack on now