IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

I was never a fan of sam, didn’t want him. But I think now he is the man for us. I think he is slowly realising what a proper club is. Fuck Newcastle. We looked looked good today. We get a left back, a good centre back and a creative midfielder we are good. We are behind millions and millions and millions. I think Sam is the man to take us to go balls out and compete. Just my feeling 

im not his biggest fan but tonight was an improvement.  we had decent possession and tried to attack a couple times.  the bolasie and gylfi crosses into the box are something i like to see and want to see more of.  With Cenk in there i'm hoping he is able to convert some chances, we now have players that can cross or be tricky and link up (Vlasic, Lookman).  Play to their strengths and keep gylfi in the middle we can have a nice second half of the campaign.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Which part of losing the last 3, 2 goals in 5, is making people think he’s still the right man?! 

Whilst yesterday was clearly an improvement, we still didnt actually create many chances. Did Karius even have to make a save? We didnt ship too many chances either though so again that is an improvement on the last couple of games.

I honestly think we reneged on our bargaining position with our transfers. The squad was dreadfully unbalanced when we started and we still don't have cover at left back, CB or on the wings.

Any manager looking at it would have thought we need at least 4-5 signings and could do with shipping out at least half a dozen.

We also have a real dilemma in the middle of the park, in central midfield (defensive mid and attacking) we have Davies, Gueye, Schneiderlin, Klassen, Sigurdsson, Rooney, McCarthy and Besic. That's 8 of our midfielders that all play through the middle of the park. With Vlasic not showing the promise he was bought for so far, that leaves Lookman and Bolasie as the only natural wide players we have.

I think any manager barring Sam would have baulked at the idea of inheriting an imbalanced, underperforming squad that needed key additions and had incredibly high aspirations and standards. We all expect Everton to be a competitive, European spot occupying side, however we flatter to deceive and although all our players in form are a force we have one of the weakest 11's in the league at the moment.

Kenny has improved massively but Coleman gives us so much more going forward, Baines has been missed, the older CB's need replacing and Keane needs to find form. Although we have quality, I feel we're a long way off our best 11, or even knowing exactly how that looks.

Tosun will add goals undoubtedly, I'm tipping him to have the Jelavic effect and be effective from the off, but it cant mask the quality we lack elsewhere.

I think Sam is going to stick with the same plan he came here with, defend, keep clean sheets and try and nick a goal. I don't like it, and it makes me think I'd prefer Martinez, but really the blend of discipline and man management is exactly what we need right now. We had a blip but it's because we are rudderless up front, despite DCL's hard work.

We'll be fine, and I'd actually be more interested to see how he'd line us up and what our results would be with all players fit and firing.

You can say what youw ant about his track record, but this is by far the strongest squad in terms of depth and individual quality, that Allardyce has ever inherited. I think he needs time as much as anyone else to figure out the best approach and then we'll really see the measure of him as a tactical manager.

Anyway, rant over :P 

For me we could have potentially England’s back five if we went all out for sessegnon. Don’t get me wrong I think spurs are a nap for him but our club could be the next step up without the constant pressure straight away. Bear in mind he is 17 so has years left to make other moves. I’d love us to spend £30 mill on him. I know Sam will only be thinking of the next 18 months but these are the types of players we should be going after. You then have a midfield/ forward line that could stay together potentially for ten years. Davies, benni, lookman, vlasic, Henry, DCL. I’m not saying that will be the team or these all will be good enough but the building bricks are there. 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

For me we could have potentially England’s back five if we went all out for sessegnon. 

Not a chance. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if none of our current defenders went to either of the next two tournaments. 

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

The honeymoons over for Allardyce and Everton, he started OK and got a few points but what is it now ? no win in the last 5 or 6 and playing with no sign of improvement.

I hope the Board are already searching for a top manager to take over the job in early summer.

I hope if they are Moshiri and Walsh are not involved.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

The honeymoons over for Allardyce and Everton, he started OK and got a few points but what is it now ? no win in the last 5 or 6 and playing with no sign of improvement.

I hope the Board are already searching for a top manager to take over the job in early summer.

Allardyce was only a stop gap, he will be gone in the summer. 

We have lost 4 matches in 6 weeks, the players look low on confidence again.

League record of each manager - updated.

Koeman: Played 9, Win 2, Draw 2, Loss 5, For 7, Against 18, Points 8
Average per game: For 0.8, Against 2.0, Points 0.9

Unsworth: Played 5, Win 2, Draw 1, Loss 2, For 10, Against 10, Points 7
Average per game: For 2.0, Against 2.0, Points 1.4

Allardyce: Played 9, Win 3, Draw 3, Loss 3, For 8, Against 10, Points 12
Average per game: For 0.9, Against 1.1, Points 1.3

Is it the summer yet?

The fuck better hope we find form again or we’ll be getting dragged back down towards the bottom 3 because the teams below us have all started looking like competent teams. 

It might help if the man could maybe think about setting us up to win games every now and then like. But I’m not sure he’d even bother to do that if we were playing an Afghani third division side. 

I had hoped the second half against the shite would’ve shown him we can compete if we’re allowed to. Nah, not gonna happen. I fucking can not wait til he’s gone and I can wipe the shitstain of this man from Everton Football Club. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Is it the summer yet?

The fuck better hope we find form again or we’ll be getting dragged back down towards the bottom 3 because the teams below us have all started looking like competent teams. 

It might help if the man could maybe think about setting us up to win games every now and then like. But I’m not sure he’d even bother to do that if we were playing an Afghani third division side. 

I had hoped the second half against the shite would’ve shown him we can compete if we’re allowed to. Nah, not gonna happen. I fucking can not wait til he’s gone and I can wipe the shitstain of this man from Everton Football Club. 

So what do you really think?

He said we were too attacking last night. Unbelievable. 

We're dross.

This started during Martinez ' time, buying absolute crop like Kone. The squad has been filled with crapand cost us alot of money. RKhas then spunked over 100m on 20m worth of players.

Massively unbalanced squad and already spent a fortune on it. Needs completely stripping and rebuilding.

Get rid;

Williams, Martina, Klaassen, Sandro, Sig, Kevin, Baines, Lennon, McCarthy, Niasse, Stek.

Buy a left back (x2), centre back, an exciting winger, hardworking winger, creative mid (who can score goals), another forward.

Unfortunately we're light years off the pace of those clubs chasing CL (even Europa league) places.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Is it the summer yet?

Yep. Three weeks ago some people were giving it the big "top 7 it is... Relegation never a threat"

I actually wonder what some people are watching. 

This Everton side have been dicked by 3+ more goals in a game more times than I can remember. 

We are shit. It's best rememering this till we get to 40 points.  The whole club needs sorting out.