IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

24 minutes ago, Shukes said:

It’s not possible to be more boring Sam. You have us playing the most boring football I have ever saw already.

Unsworth turned the corner, you had a few results off the back off that, then you took us back around that corner.

Spot on Shukes, boring and not winning, or even looking like we might win. Where would we have been if Unsy was still in charge?

2 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Spot on Shukes, boring and not winning, or even looking like we might win. Where would we have been if Unsy was still in charge?

Who knows. But, we'd at least be having shot's on targets, maybe even score couple of goals. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Yep. Three weeks ago some people were giving it the big "top 7 it is... Relegation never a threat"

I actually wonder what some people are watching. 

This Everton side have been dicked by 3+ more goals in a game more times than I can remember. 

We are shit. It's best rememering this till we get to 40 points.  The whole club needs sorting out. 

I can't believe that people actually thought Allardyce would offer anything but what we've seen. 

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Who knows. But, we'd at least be having shot's on targets, maybe even score couple of goals. 

I can't believe that people actually thought Allardyce would offer anything but what we've seen. 

I knew what he was gonna bring us but ffs this is incredible. 

Let's just get to 42 friggin points.... the whole set up is shit. 

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

I knew what he was gonna bring us but ffs this is incredible. 

Let's just get to 42 friggin points.... the whole set up is shit. 

It was actually better than I expected at first, but very, very quickly settled down to Sams norm.

15 games, 15 points needed for 42 points. Maybe his comments about being more boring means we're setting up to draw the next 15... 

:( 

Still don't think it's time to panic,  Haf I still believe we can reach seventh place but it's the way we are being told to play that's stifling the team.  We can still catch Burnley and Leicester just by playing somewhere near the form we know we can play, that's if they are allowed to go out and play.

He said we were too attacking last night. Unbelievable. 
We're dross.
This started during Martinez ' time, buying absolute crop like Kone. The squad has been filled with crapand cost us alot of money. RKhas then spunked over 100m on 20m worth of players.
Massively unbalanced squad and already spent a fortune on it. Needs completely stripping and rebuilding.
Get rid;
Williams, Martina, Klaassen, Sandro, Sig, Kevin, Baines, Lennon, McCarthy, Niasse, Stek.

Buy a left back (x2), centre back, an exciting winger, hardworking winger, creative mid (who can score goals), another forward.

Unfortunately we're light years off the pace of those clubs chasing CL (even Europa league) places.

I would prefer to send Klaassen and Sandro out on loan, McCarthy is still good enough if you can keep him fit and Gylfi is a class act when played in his proper position

Agree with the rest though

I actually agree with him, when he first came in he shored things up at the back and we climbed the table . We have only come unstuck since he has tried to integrate some more attacking players like Rooney and Bolasie in to the side and it hasn’t worked

It seems to me that any time at all we try and play a bit more attacking or adventurous we get bummed. It was the same with Koeman- everyone was screaming for pace and width, he done it and we got twatted.

We’re just a right fucking mess and it’s not Allerdyces fault- as much as I hate him being our manager none of this is his fault.

The problem is that we don’t have anyone at the club with balls.

The players don’t have it, other than Rooney... and he has lost so much pace. The manager hasn’t the guts to go out there and attack for a few matches. He says we tried to attack, when? It was dire! Slow, boring and uninspiring.

we need some bottle in this club, a manager who will stick to his plan, butconsider a plan B. Players that will grab a game by the scruff of the neck. 

Why take Tosun off for DCL? Why not think... we’ll we have lost this, but let’s five the fans a bit of hope and let the two of them loose up there. We need some balls!

"too attacking minded" without a single shot on goal. 

So defensive minded is all huddle together in our own goal.

That comment has really worried me.

I understand peoples negative opinions on Martinez, but I for one would much rather have a Martinez team who went out to win, played some good football, was entertaining most of the time and had a constant goal threat for 90 minutes.

6 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I actually agree with him, when he first came in he shored things up at the back and we climbed the table . We have only come unstuck since he has tried to integrate some more attacking players like Rooney and Bolasie in to the side and it hasn’t worked

1 minute ago, Paddock said:

It seems to me that any time at all we try and play a bit more attacking or adventurous we get bummed. It was the same with Koeman- everyone was screaming for pace and width, he done it and we got twatted.

We’re just a right fucking mess and it’s not Allerdyces fault- as much as I hate him being our manager none of this is his fault.

This is the stand out thing.

He came in, we looked at defence first. We picked up points and kept clean sheets.

We sat back when we shouldn't have, vs WBA and Bournemouth. And got next to nothing.

This caused a bit of a fan uproar.

In the last few games, we have attempted, with our line ups at least, to look more attacking. Unfortunately, we've done this against teams that are simply better than us. Did we expect any wins from the last 3? Shame to think like this, but it's true of the last 20 years!

I think with us keen to add a striker, and keen to add more pace in the side and use natural wingers, we know we need to do more going forward. Well, it's blatantly obvious, isn'tt it?

I don't know where I'm going with this post! Such a bizarre season.

What we have seen recently isn't attacking football. Maybe the 2nd half of the Liverpool game but we simply aren' committing to attacking football. We don' step up, we dont close down aggressively and we don' take any chances on the ball. 

What we have seen is less defensive yet still defensive football. We are playing the percentages still, afraid of risk. 

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

What we have seen recently isn'tt attacking football. Maybe the 2nd half of the Liverpool game but we simply aren' committing to attacking football. We don' step up, we dont close down aggressively and we don' take any chances on the ball. 

What we have seen is less defensive yet still defensive football. We are playing the percentages still, afraid of risk. 

The point I’m making is once we even try to be (albeit slightly) more adventurous we get mugged.

Sorry, we played with one shite winger yesterday, and on the other side we had a central midfielder. We haven’t gone more attacking at all. 

We looked good against the shite in the second half when we did actually go more attacking - playing two wingers and moving Sig centrally where he could actually influence something, anything!

Dont tell me what we showed was attacking. It was defensive shite from start to fucking finish. 

Arsenal aside, we've got a run of winnable games coming up right up to the end of March. Sam will continue the percentage football; cleansheets will mean we probably win a few, draw others. By the end of March he will have picked up enough points to guarantee safety, as per his remit. 

I'm not a Sam-hater; he's just doing what he does. I sincerely hope he moves on in the summer, though. We got a bit ahead of ourselves last summer, thinking we could run before we could walk,  but Sam won't take us forward at all.

25 minutes ago, Paddock said:

The point I’m making is once we even try to be (albeit slightly) more adventurous we get mugged.

He played three defensive minded midfielders at Bournemouth and we were terrible. It's not a case of us being to defensive or too attacking, we've just gone back to being really shite no matter what team he puts out. Again, it's down to sub standard players and a manager left scratching his head as to what to do with them. 

I do not hate Sam Allardyce in the slightest. We knew what we were always getting with him. The buck stops at the board. Pure and simple. I have no confidence in them at all.

We have been plagued with absolute shit this season. And it has now taken it's toll on my whole outlook of everton as a club. 

I feel nothing when I watch them now. I think that's the saddest sentence I have ever written.😪

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:15, Loose said:

Arsenal aside, we've got a run of winnable games coming up right up to the end of March. Sam will continue the percentage football; cleansheets will mean we probably win a few, draw others. By the end of March he will have picked up enough points to guarantee safety, as per his remit. 

I'm not a Sam-hater; he's just doing what he does. I sincerely hope he moves on in the summer, though. We got a bit ahead of ourselves last summer, thinking we could run before we could walk,  but Sam won't take us forward at all.

We had winnable games after Christmas - West Brom and Bournemouth and screwed up so don't get your hopes up

Edited by Gwlad all over

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

more and more it goes on i realize the west ham battering and the run of games thereafter was all Unsy.  Sam keep that same team, once sam put his stamp on the squad and tactics and started tinkering we started dropping points.  he can leave already.

Yeah like the Martinez season was all down to moyes.... ffs.

we have a team of mentally pathetic players.  No fight, no desire, as soon as they concede they retreat. 

Unsworth seen us get twatted as did koeman and now allardyce.

The team is full of shithouses. The manager is a coward. 

Just get us to 42 points and let's get the club rebuilt.