IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

I hold no malice towards him- he’s inherited an absolute bunch of shithouses, an unbalanced, disinterested zero moral bunch of players, he had no left back or striker of any sorts to work with and has just been left with a bunch of mish mash.

His job was to keep us in the prem, as long as he does that I’m at peace with the whole situation. I honestly think we’ll pay him off in May and I also think deep down inside in his heart of hearts he knows this. Let’s just get to the magical 40 points- we only need 13 out of 45 available and put this whole sorry mess behind us.

2 hours ago, Paddock said:

I hold no malice towards him- he’s inherited an absolute bunch of shithouses, an unbalanced, disinterested zero moral bunch of players, he had no left back or striker of any sorts to work with and has just been left with a bunch of mish mash.

His job was to keep us in the prem, as long as he does that I’m at peace with the whole situation. I honestly think we’ll pay him off in May and I also think deep down inside in his heart of hearts he knows this. Let’s just get to the magical 40 points- we only need 13 out of 45 available and put this whole sorry mess behind us.

Let's hope you're right on all counts.

27 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

We need to stay in the Premiership so I would say we do need what he does

Anybody can do what he does Dunc, playing eleven men in your own half and having one shot at goal in four games is fookin disgusting,  you or i and any Tom, Dick or Harry could do that every week..

25 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

We need to stay in the Premiership so I would say we do need what he does

Are you really confident on the evidence of the last four league games that he can do that though? We have 27 points but I really don't see where the next one is coming from; we can't defend and we can't get a shot on the opponent's goal so how in the World are we going to get another thirteen points unless he does something different. Whatever it is he "does" he is so far failing to do for us.

Are you really confident on the evidence of the last four league games that he can do that though? We have 27 points but I really don't see where the next one is coming from; we can't defend and we can't get a shot on the opponent's goal so how in the World are we going to get another thirteen points unless he does something different. Whatever it is he "does" he is so far failing to do for us.

No I’m not confident at all, I think we are shite, but I have a lot more faith in Allardyce pulling it off than I do Unsworth

6 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

And you know this how?

We had conceded the most amount of goals in the division and were plummeting down the table rapidly
We were not just losing we were getting battered and played off the park. All the hallmarks of a team in danger of relegation

I wouldn't know, but I can educate my guess. There are teams below us that are much worse.

I wouldn't know, but I can educate my guess. There are teams below us that are much worse.

At the time he took over there were not many teams below us and we had just been played off the park by three teams down there with us

We had conceded the most goals in the division , I would be interested to hear what teams you think are worse

8 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

At the time he took over there were not many teams below us and we had just been played off the park by three teams down there with us

We had conceded the most goals in the division , I would be interested to hear what teams you think are worse

There are 10 teams below us.

My opinion is we wouldn't have gone down. I still doubt we will. Sam was the wrong choice and I don't believe many people think that he was the right choice. I may be wrong though.

You mean not have a shot this calendar year then state we need to be more boring in attack? That is how you get into relegation trouble

He did not say more boring in attack he said more boring in his team selection .He should maybe have chosen his words better but I agree with what he was getting at

When he first came in he immediately sorted out the defence and we stopped conceding goals and started picking up points and rising up the table

Once it looked like we were out of trouble he started to do what most fans wanted him to do and started playing more attack minded players and all of a sudden we start getting battered again and are now in real danger of getting sucked back in to a relegation scrap

So it makes perfect sense to me that we go back to basics again

These players have failed miserably under 3 separate managers now and still some people think the problem is the manager. When do you start thinking maybe it’s the players that are the problem?

5 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He did not say more boring in attack he said more boring in his team selection .He should maybe have chosen his words better but I agree with what he was getting at

When he first came in he immediately sorted out the defence and we stopped conceding goals and started picking up points and rising up the table

Once it looked like we were out of trouble he started to do what most fans wanted him to do and started playing more attack minded players and all of a sudden we start getting battered again and are now in real danger of getting sucked back in to a relegation scrap

These players have failed miserably under 3 separate managers now and still some people think the problem is the manager. When do you start thinking maybe it’s the players that are the problem?

When there’s acually some stability and they’ve been given some consistency. I’ve banged on about it 100 times, but the summer upheaval was always going to create this mess. West Ham did it with Bilic one season, bringing in 11 players and letting 5-7 go - that should’ve been as big a warning as anyone needed. But new money created excitement and the unrest had we not gone on a spending spree would’ve been crazy. Then there was massively delayed sacking of Koeman, the limbo Unsworth worked under for a month and a manager who came in, and to his credit helped improve the defence, before showing why he only ever gets jobs are clubs under threat.

Im not excusing the players from playing poorly by the way. I just know they’re better than we’re seeing.

I could ask you the same question about the manager and hierarchy too :) 

I class Rooney as a decent player.

I class Sigurdson as a decent player.

I class Williams as a competent player.

I still class Baines as a good player.

I class Morgan as a good player, although his form is shit.

Bolasie, easily good enough for top ten.

Lookman, Vlasic and DCL, along with Davies and Benni are very good prospects that would get game time in the top ten.

These players ARE good enough for a top ten side. They are! The most average boring manager should be able to get this lot I to the top ten and stay there. It’s not a feat, it’s minimum expectation.

If we can’t get a shot on target, while Stoke, West Bromwich, Huddersfield, Watford and others can.... then there is seriously something wrong with the set up of our club and team.

There are 10 teams below us.
My opinion is we wouldn't have gone down. I still doubt we will. Sam was the wrong choice and I don't believe many people think that he was the right choice. I may be wrong though.

Just to refresh your memory

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42042018

We were 16th in the table, 2 points off the relegation zone and 4 off the bottom of the table. We were on a downward spiral and a complete mess . I love your confidence but that is far too close for me

I class Rooney as a decent player.

I class Sigurdson as a decent player.

I class Williams as a competent player.

I still class Baines as a good player.

I class Morgan as a good player, although his form is shit.

Bolasie, easily good enough for top ten.

Lookman, Vlasic and DCL, along with Davies and Benni are very good prospects that would get game time in the top ten.

These players ARE good enough for a top ten side. They are! The most average boring manager should be able to get this lot I to the top ten and stay there. It’s not a feat, it’s minimum expectation.

If we can’t get a shot on target, while Stoke, West Bromwich, Huddersfield, Watford and others can.... then there is seriously something wrong with the set up of our club and team.

It may have escaped your notice but Baines and Bolasie have been injured most of the season and that in itself is a major part of the problem

I seriously doubt there is a single team in the Premiership, and probably not the Championship either, where Coco would get a game at LB

I’ve been consistent in my opinion all season , I don’t think any manager could have gotten much out of this shower of shite

I agree that there is a massive problem with our club , we are shite

The squad is completely unbalanced , to expect any manager to get top 10 with this lot is a big ask IMO , especially with no LB and no CF

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

That's not really true though. Go look at the team he put out first game v Huddersfield - only Gana who is an out and out defensive midfielder, Rooney in the middle with Davies. So I don't know what he means by 'boring' in his team selection. The worst team he has put out to my mind so far was playing McCarthy, Gana and Schneiderlin at Bournemouth, and we have been fucking abysmal since.