IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

40 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Come on, Sam is just letting us get dragged back into the shit so that he can then properly save us and boost his ego. Then he can proclaim himself a genius and our saviour and keep his job past the summer. 

You read my mind. He'll talk up our relegation prospects as keeping us up is the most he can hope to achieve.

I’m indifferent at the moment. I don’t think we have a clear direction in where we are going. Granted the lookmans , vlasics, Henry’s look outstanding prospects but who is going to manage them? I don’t like the model as a club we are at. Buying players overpriced and buying more on top  of that. Walsh is getting huge dough for fucking up

15 hours ago, Paddock said:

I think Allerdyce knows he will never be fully accepted here and he knows he’ll be replaced in the summer- I think the players also know this and there lies part of the problem. His appointment was a terrible decision as it’s left the club with no long term stability or vision.

I think you're right when it comes to the fans, but Moshiri might not think like us and if we stay up comfortably we could actually see him getting a extension to his contract. Fucking scary thought.

23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Silva is still a young man learning his trade and is being touted as a great manager in the making, I hope the wheels are in motion and we get him in the next few days or will Arsenal step in and get him.

There is no way on Earth Arsenal will have Silva. 

For those asking who I'd have - if I knew that I'd be earning silly money running recruitment for Everton FC. But I do know it would be wise to cast our net a little bit further than managers who have worked in the PL in the last 12 months. Silva's record is no better than Koeman's, I think jumping back on that bandwagon shows a massive lack of imagination. 

For the record, I think Swansea's appointment of Carvalhal is interesting - unlucky not to get promoted with Sheff Weds, poor season there this time but Swansea's owners obviously see a bigger picture. I think there are some very good mangers in the Championship, starting with Gary Rowett and Chris Wilder. But hey, that's the Championship, a guy who got relegated with Hull and sacked for having the worst form in the Prem with Watford must be better because a few pundits tipped him as the new Pochettino... 

2 hours ago, nogs said:

There is no way on Earth Arsenal will have Silva. 

For those asking who I'd have - if I knew that I'd be earning silly money running recruitment for Everton FC. But I do know it would be wise to cast our net a little bit further than managers who have worked in the PL in the last 12 months. Silva's record is no better than Koeman's, I think jumping back on that bandwagon shows a massive lack of imagination. 

For the record, I think Swansea's appointment of Carvalhal is interesting - unlucky not to get promoted with Sheff Weds, poor season there this time but Swansea's owners obviously see a bigger picture. I think there are some very good mangers in the Championship, starting with Gary Rowett and Chris Wilder. But hey, that's the Championship, a guy who got relegated with Hull and sacked for having the worst form in the Prem with Watford must be better because a few pundits tipped him as the new Pochettino... 

When he took over at Watford they had finished 17th in the table, he leaves them in 10th place, even after the distraction of us going all out for him.

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Silva is still a young man learning his trade and is being touted as a great manager in the making, I hope the wheels are in motion and we get him in the next few days or will Arsenal step in and get him.

Martinez was still a young man learning his trade and was being touted as a great manager in the making. 

I don't see the point of keeping fat Sam there. I know it's wasted money but just get rid of Sam now, and give Silva the chance to see out the 18 months.

We have thrown away Money on transfers. What's so different with management.

8 hours ago, London Blue said:

When he took over at Watford they had finished 17th in the table, he leaves them in 10th place, even after the distraction of us going all out for him.

Again... He got relegated and has just been fired for taking 3 points from 33. In what way, shape or form is that good enough for Everton? 

I honestly cannot see why so many cannot see beyond this guy. I give up. 

7 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Martinez was still a young man learning his trade and was being touted as a great manager in the making. 

Martinez had lost the plot and started talking some of the biggest shite I had ever heard on tv.  He aged 5 years in 6 months.... it was right that he was fired. 

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

Martinez had lost the plot and started talking some of the biggest shite I had ever heard on tv.  He aged 5 years in 6 months.... it was right that he was fired. 

I think you missed the point of my post. What is today being said of Silva is pretty much what was said of our former manager before he was hired. 

No, Hull got relegated, they were as good as relegated before he took over, but the football he got them playing, the fact he almost kept them up is  what is so impressive. Again with Watford, before we turned his head they were top 7 and playing very well.

His pre Premier League record is below, to me it shows a talented manager who could turn us around, of all the realistic managers out there, he is the one that excites me the most. I think he could a very good manager, and this is our chance to get him on the way up.

Estoril[edit]

On 10 June 2011, immediately after retiring, Silva was appointed director of football at Estoril. However, early into the season, he replaced Vinícius Eutrópio as manager,[8] with the Cascais team ranking tenth in the second tier.[9] His first game in charge was a 1–3 defeat at Penafiel,[10] and, after losing only three matches in 24, he helped the club return to the top flight after seven years, as champions.[11] He ultimately was chosen the league's Manager of the Year.[12]

Silva made his debut in the Portuguese top division on 17 August 2012, in a 1–2 away defeat to S.C. Olhanense.[13] Estoril overachieved for a second best-ever fifth place in the table, with the subsequent qualification to the UEFA Europa League, also a first. Highlights included not losing any of the games against Sporting Clube de Portugal (3–1 at home, 2–2 away[14]), and drawing at S.L. Benfica 1–1.[15]

On 23 February 2014, Estoril achieved an historic first time win at the Estádio do Dragão, the 1–0 victory being FC Porto's first home defeat since the 2–3 against Leixões S.C. in 2008.[16] He left his position on 12 May, after leading his team to the fourth position.[17]

Sporting[edit]

Silva agreed to a four-year contract with Sporting on 21 May 2014, replacing Leonardo Jardim who left for AS Monaco FC.[18] He led the club to the third place in the championship, also winning the Taça de Portugal by beating S.C. Braga 3–1 on penalties after a 2–2 draw in the final.[19] This was Sporting's first piece of silverware since the 2008 Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira.

On 4 June 2015, four days after winning the trophy, Sporting announced that Silva had been sacked with just cause,[20][21] for not wearing the club's official suit in a cup match against F.C. Vizela.[22]

Olympiacos[edit]

On 8 July 2015, Silva was appointed the successor of countryman Vítor Pereira at Olympiacos FC, signing on a two-year contract.[23] His first competitive game occurred in the season opener in the Superleague Greece, won 3–0 against Panionios FC. On 17 September, he played his first UEFA Champions League match with his new club, losing 0–3 at home to FC Bayern Munich.[24]

Silva subsequently guided the team to break the record of 11 consecutive league wins from the first matchday,[25][26] also recording a 3–2 success at Arsenal in the Champions League group stage.[27] The Piraeus side's run of domestic wins ended at 17, a European record in the 21st century,[28] but they nonetheless won a record 43rd title with six games remaining.[29]

Silva quit his job on 23 June 2016, alleging personal reasons.[30]

35 minutes ago, London Blue said:

No, Hull got relegated, they were as good as relegated before he took over, but the football he got them playing, the fact he almost kept them up is  what is so impressive. Again with Watford, before we turned his head they were top 7 and playing very well.

His pre Premier League record is below, to me it shows a talented manager who could turn us around, of all the realistic managers out there, he is the one that excites me the most. I think he could a very good manager, and this is our chance to get him on the way up.

*pre premier league record*

That plus his time in the EPL = way too temperamental for Everton. 

We'll likely get someone in the image of of our new owner so fully expect Steve McClaren to follow Sam.

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

What's his appearance got anything to do with his ability?

12 minutes ago, Chach said:

That plus his time in the EPL = way too temperamental for Everton. 

We'll likely get someone in the image of of our new owner so fully expect Steve McClaren to follow Sam.

I don't blame Moshiri too much for this mess, he has injected money into the club clearing the debts, given us the chance of a new stadium, and money for players. He has smartened up Goodison and made us more high profile.

Yes he appointed Koeman, but the vast majority of people thought that was a good choice. Yes he panicked into appointing Fat Sam, but that was only after he failed to get Silva.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

I don't blame Moshiri too much for this mess, he has injected money into the club clearing the debts, given us the chance of a new stadium, and money for players. He has smartened up Goodison and made us more high profile.

Yes he appointed Koeman, but the vast majority of people thought that was a good choice. Yes he panicked into appointing Fat Sam, but that was only after he failed to get Silva.

I don't like how much Moshiri talks to the press, but I also don't blame him for most of our woes.

I do, however, put a lot of blame on Walsh.

3 hours ago, yamar said:

What's his appearance got anything to do with his ability?

His appearance gave an indication as to the high level of stress he was under.  He had lost his way and it was sad to see a human being like that. 

Management is about leadership and he had completely lost his way. When that happens and the players stop listening then it's the end of the tenure. 

5 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I think you missed the point of my post. What is today being said of Silva is pretty much what was said of our former manager before he was hired. 

Yep.... and martinez went on to do an amazing job in his first year. He was the right appointment.

Unfortunately he lost his way. Over reliant on his pass at all costs philosophy. 

Martinez gave me the best season of watching Everton in a long long time.

I believe Silva is the right appointment.

Btw he has been  without 12 players due to injury.