IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

2 hours ago, Bill said:

We now employ a crook who was sacked by the FA after one game, he should never have been allowed near another football Club.  

EFCs integrity and standing in the football world has just taken a massive downturn, and to rub salt in the wound they have done the unthinkable  by bringing an ex redshite in to assist him. How the mighty have fallen. 

God help us.

Wouldn't call him a crook he told the undercovers he would seek FA approval first. 

Other than that he bragged about trade loopholes that everyone exploits. Doubt any manager would have said anything different. 

Long time lurker first time poster but what have we done we are now officially a laughing stock as if the 45 mil on siggy wasn’t bad enough now we have Sam poxy allardyce as our manager why couldn’t we have just given moyes the job for 6months if he took the west ham job for 6 months he would surely of come back to us till the summer then we could have gone and got someone better than that one dimensional walrus he may keep us up but at what price to our reputation . 

13 minutes ago, Trueblue4ever100 said:

Long time lurker first time poster but what have we done we are now officially a laughing stock as if the 45 mil on siggy wasn’t bad enough now we have Sam poxy allardyce as our manager why couldn’t we have just given moyes the job for 6months if he took the west ham job for 6 months he would surely of come back to us till the summer then we could have gone and got someone better than that one dimensional walrus he may keep us up but at what price to our reputation . 

I would rather havve Allardyce than Moyes.

You don't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need.

Very far from being an Allardyce fan but his methods work.  He will stop the rot, we won't go down and in 18 months time we can get a manager to take us even further.

...And I for one welcome our new crooked, ugly, redshite overlords.

48 minutes ago, Paddock said:

I’ve never ever fell out with you??

Moyes after what he done to us could never come back. Picking between either is like picking between being shot or stabbed.

I'm tickling that tummy again Pal. I'd rather take a shot to the bollock (Moyes) than a stab to the anal area (Allardyce)

23 minutes ago, MikeO said:

We're in mid table now with a 28.5% win rate; but mid-table isn't exactly where we want to be is it (even though we'll take it for now)?

Oh I'll take mid table. After the dross that's been served up so far I'll take safety no issues

I think he may do better than what people think. This is the best opportunity, except England, he's ever had and although he can count himself very lucky to have ended up at such a great club, with some cash to spend on an unbelievable contract, I'm sure he will want to make the most of it. We couldnt get anybody else. We are not one of the Top 6 and that's just how it is. He was the best available with PL experience.

I hear he's keeping big Dunc on, I'm surprised he hasn't asked him if he can get his boots back on :D right up his alley Ferguson........

8 hours ago, milesey05 said:

Big Sam's in and that is that-Everyone is fucked off but then again we have all been angered by every single performance this season. Time to put the past in the past and get behind Sam and the team. 

Getting behind the team is one thing, but there's simply no way I will get behind a crook. The man should have received a lifetime ban from world football. He's a disgrace to the sport.

It's sad that, when big money gets into a sport, morals and integrity too often go out the window. We've just seen that happen at Everton, and it's a very very sad day. Let's not forget, "Allardyce was ousted as England manager before he had even named his second squad as the result of the Daily Telegraph sting that showed him negotiating a fee of £400,000 to represent an overseas firm hoping to profit from Premier League transfers... Given the suspicion that has surrounded Allardyce since the BBC’s Panorama investigation in 2006, which alleged his son Craig had taken illegal payments for transfer deals while employed by the agent Mark Curtis, perhaps he should have known better." I simply don't trust the man to lead this team without getting involved in some type of scandal.

20 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Getting behind the team is one thing, but there's simply no way I will get behind a crook. The man should have received a lifetime ban from world football. He's a disgrace to the sport.

It's sad that, when big money gets into a sport, morals and integrity too often go out the window. We've just seen that happen at Everton, and it's a very very sad day. Let's not forget...

"Allardyce was ousted as England manager before he had even named his second squad as the result of the Daily Telegraph sting that showed him negotiating a fee of £400,000 to represent an overseas firm hoping to profit from Premier League transfers... Given the suspicion that has surrounded Allardyce since the BBC’s Panorama investigation in 2006, which alleged his son Craig had taken illegal payments for transfer deals while employed by the agent Mark Curtis, perhaps he should have known better.

How's he a crook? He said he'd have to ask for permission first. Wouldn't be surprised if all the prem managers have been overseas for a nice big payday. 

It's been over a decade and they've used the word alleged still. Dragging something from ten years ago to do with his son shows not only a lack of class from the BBC but also a struggle to make a full story.

Yes he's obnoxious (a trait he probs picked up from his mentor Alex Ferguson), other than that is he that bad? 

13 minutes ago, pete0 said:

How's he a crook? He said he'd have to ask for permission first. Wouldn't be surprised if all the prem managers have been overseas for a nice big payday. 

He was fired immediately as England manager, for goodness sake, and that takes something given how bad some England managers have been! He was boasting of how to bend the rules to make more money than you or I could earn in several years "just for two hours work". He was taking advantage of privilege to make a boatload of money, which is just the kind of thing we rant about when politicians do it, for example. And what example does it set for millions of kids who worship leaders in the game? Basically, he sent the message that money trumps everything, that you can break or bend any rule for a quick buck.

Sorry, but he's a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near this club. If you heard that a Premier League manager was rigging games to make money from gambling syndicates, which name would first come to mind? That's how much I trust him - namely, not one inch.

6 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

He was fired immediately as England manager, for goodness sake, and that takes something given how bad some England managers have been! He was boasting of how to make more than you or I would earn in several years "just for two hours work". What would you think if a politician did that, for example? The expense scandal cost many their seat in Parliament. And what example does it set for millions of kids who worship leaders in the game? Basically, he sent the message that money trumps everything.

Sorry, but he's a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near this club.

He was going to ask them for permission, doesn't sound like he's lying, yet they sack him when it's gone public. I'd put money on the FA sanctioning this kinda stuff previously. Makes you wonder whether they had already for this deal. I'd imagine he was sacked over the bad press, not the actual deal. 

He never said it in public though so he's not setting any example. He's bragging, bigging himself up to get the gig. As for money trumps, you could say that about nearly every player. How many hold out for more wages than they're worth.