Sign in to follow this  
Paddock

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

29 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

On a bus to Cornwall and am checking the site at the first opportunity. When I couldn’t find the Crooked Sam thread, I knew the news must be good. WHOOHOO. 

Now we can get a real manager, not someone with the humility of Donald Trump, the ethics of Al Capone, the footballing nous of Oliver Hardy, and the looks of Catweazle. 

Thank you, Mr Moshiri sir, and sorry for occasionally doubting you. 

Steve, you were a tad unfair on Oliver Hardy.

Was out of WiFi zone when this came through, just got a text from Josh, fucking happy days.

Coincidentally this is the first day on hols that I've worn an Everton shirt, it won't be the last:jumpforjoy:.

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Was out of WiFi zone when this came through, just got a text from Josh, fucking happy days.

Coincidentally this is the first day on hols that I've worn an Everton shirt, it won't be the last:jumpforjoy:.

Unless we appoint Pardew! :violent:

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I just wish that someone would point out that his miraculous turnround of the defence may just have had something to do with Baines and Coleman coming back, we all know that but it should be pointed out in the press.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44154432

Allardyce was heavily criticised by Everton fans for the team's style of play under him, but he feels the dissenting voices drowned out those who supported him.

"I think there were certainly more Everton fans who were happy with what we were doing and going in the right direction than the ones that weren't," he said.

"Those who show discontent are the ones who are more open and vocal about it. I would say most of them didn't want me out."

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

The guy is living in a parallel universe.

• We've seen fan negativity to a few managers in recent years, but none was as vocal and intense and unanimous as witnessed against this crook. How can anyone seriously entertain the idea that one percent, let alone a majority, of fans support him? He's serious deluded.
  • The media keep suggesting that he fixed a mess of a defence. That's really not true. We were missing the very heart of our defence, with Martina, for example, who's not good in the first place, playing out of position. As Mike pointed out, Coleman was out, Baines was out, Funes Mori was out. Wasn't Jagielka out at one point? The crook sorted out the square root of nothing: He just looked good when these guys came back.
  • We were NOT in relegation trouble, so I wish the media would stop saying so. Unsworth had as good a points record as Sam; the difference is that he'd built some momentum. I'd argue that Sam's initial success was the direct result of this momentum. As Sam's influence took effect, we did worse.
  • In previous years, a team with fewer than 50 points would have finished in the bottom half of the table. This year, we had 49. In Martinez' final year we had 47. I don't see 49 points as something to boast about.
  • The most disappointing thing for me was his throwing Unsworth under the bus. "The defence was a mess", "he was out of his league", "he couldn't cope", etc. This was unjustified. Claiming the 4-0 win over West Ham as his own was sickening.

During Sam's time, I saw no strategy, just a boringly predictable tactic for not losing. There was no ambition, no excitement, no hope, no pride, and no improvement. Youngsters were cast aside. Players were criticized for a single mistake. Confidence players lost confidence. Professionals, especially the older players, never came out with positive statements but bit their tongues. These months were dismal.

I challenge Sam to find a single fan who's disappointed he's gone. Personally, I'm over the moon that he's been fired, and, as far as I can tell, so is everyone else.

On 30/11/2017 at 22:52, hafnia said:

The players deserve him.... they deserve to get absolutely stripped and micromanaged from set pieces etc.

They have let us down badly along with the previously mentioned nob heads. 

Enjoy training boys. 

Let's just say the players are probably made up now and thinking "lets' crack on".... for me though too much damage has been done.  A good few should no longer be allowed to wear the shirt. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

didn't know he had a son, what's his deal?

He posted this on Twitter the bellend, delusional prick like his old man, he got shot down rapidly though 

"Just watched Atletico Madrid win the Europa League Final 3-0. Don’t play very attractive football though do they. Their fans can’t be happy with that..."

39 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

He posted this on Twitter the bellend, delusional prick like his old man, he got shot down rapidly though 

"Just watched Atletico Madrid win the Europa League Final 3-0. Don’t play very attractive football though do they. Their fans can’t be happy with that..."

Wow 

Did we not put in any terms on his severance pay to stop him from opening his trap?

I can't stand the slob.  Calling Marco Silva "mario" isn'tt even subtle (not the first time).... it's ignorant, rude, and borderline racial. 

We need to stop our staff giving interviews and their time to such media outlets who court this corrupt man. 

With 10 men (9 of whom were allardyce players) Silva had our team attain more shots on target than allardyce achieved in over 50 percent of his games with us. 

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

Think it says more about the players. Given Alladyce was on a short contract he was seen as no more than a supply teacher with the players not giving it their all. 

We made our bed with this appointment with premature panic. Just glad this stain on our history stopped when it did

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

The dick head is everywhere at the moment. Got to keep himself in the public eye for when another chairman shits his pants early.

Southampton nailed on.  Once they get rid of the other managerial fraud hughes. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The dick head is everywhere at the moment. Got to keep himself in the public eye for when another chairman shits his pants early.

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He dick head is everywhere at the moment. Got to keep himself in the public eye for when another chairman shits his pants early.

It was a very accurate post the first time mate ;) 

1 hour ago, aaron said:

Hes on the Jim White show on talksport today

He's every-fucking-where.

The reason? Said it before, but it's entirely to keep himself relevant in the early season so that when struggling clubs panic his face is firmly in their mind.

I fucking hate the man and his 24/7 self-promotion. Even worse is that people are willing to let him do it.

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

The reason? Said it before, but it's entirely to keep himself relevant in the early season so that when struggling clubs panic his face is firmly in their mind.

I fucking hate the man and his 24/7 self-promotion. Even worse is that people are willing to let him do it.

Interesting that Sky aren't pushing this story. He's clearly got hangover style pictures of Sky presenters/executives (Jim White) in compromising situations.

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's so image-conscious and thin-skinned it's sad. To be a football manager, you have to be able to take mountains of abuse, no matter how unfair you think criticism gets. 

Under mountains of pressure, Martinez was still polite and cordial here, Koeman still cool and collected. Allardyce? Combative and defensive.

Sam expects to be treated like royalty, no matter where he goes. Better fit for tv than on the touchline.

The fat bellend now thinks Hugo Lloris has been hard done by, he was given a £50k fine for drink driving but the big lard arse thinks that's too much and it should be the same amount across the board, that a regular joe and Lloris should be paying the same amount. Absolutely not. He is out of touch with reality massively, the lies he tells himself that he fully believes is shocking, he could do with a mental test.

16 minutes ago, aaron said:

The fat bellend now thinks Hugo Lloris has been hard done by, he was given a £50k fine for drink driving but the big lard arse thinks that's too much and it should be the same amount across the board, that a regular joe and Lloris should be paying the same amount. Absolutely not. He is out of touch with reality massively, the lies he tells himself that he fully believes is shocking, he could do with a mental test.

He's a prick.  Ever seen the footage of his fat balloon head mate "Alan brazil" failing a breath test? Pure arrogance.

These so called celebs think they can do what they want.

Brazil talks about alcohol every day.... it's obvious to everyone bar himself that he needs to sort his attitude out to it and he shouldn't be glorifying it. 

Just now, hafnia said:

He's a prick.  Ever seen the footage of his fat balloon head mate "Alan brazil" failing a breath test? Pure arrogance.

These so called celebs think they can do what they want.

Brazil talks about alcohol every day.... it's obvious to everyone bar himself that he needs to sort his attitude out to it and he shouldn't be glorifying it. 

Oh it was on Brazil's show and he AGREED with fat Sam. Brazil is a alcoholic, he often mentions going for a few scoops when he finishes his show which is at 10am. 10 in the morning on the ale. His show jingles often refer to him drinking alcohol.

Jim White has actually slated them both on his show today, well I say slated he has made a point of how they are wrong and turned it into a talking point today.

The likes of Brazil does so much harm... he talks about having a glass of "nice" wine like he's a connosuier ... absolute bollocks. He wouldn't be talking about it's quality if it was 1.5% proof.... he would sooner drink donkey piss at 15% cos it will do the job...

A few years ago I found myself drinking too much. As soon as I realised it was making me depressed and not on the top of my game I did something and changed my lifestyle - you have to listen to yourself. But having gobshites like Brazil on the radio trying to convince himself and the world that drinking everyday after the show is "ok" is awful.  He makes it sound like an episode of "cheers".... 

Now to top it off he is saying a drink drive fine equating to a third of a weeks wages is too much.  Get him off the radio and censor that gobshite allardyce. 

1 hour ago, aaron said:

He's right. Lloris should be fined the same percentage of his annual salary as a regular Joe should be fined of his salary. (But I don't think that's what he meant.)

My personal opinion is that those in the public eye should be fined a higher percentage than the rest of us. With notoriety comes responsibility.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

My personal opinion is that those in the public eye should be fined a higher percentage than the rest of us. With notoriety comes responsibility.

Not that I'm one that holds a grudge😉.

Surely your point is that popularity comes with responsibility, when you get to notoriety you've gone past just "being in the public eye" to doing something censurable?

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

He's right. Lloris should be fined the same percentage of his annual salary as a regular Joe should be fined of his salary. (But I don't think that's what he meant.)

What he meant was say me and you get fined £500 so should Lloris, not the £50k Lloris has had to pay. I agree that if your a public figure than an extra percentage should be paid. Lloris wasn't even given the same percentage as a regular Joe, he reportedly earns £150k p/w and £50k fine is pish. One of my friends got done being over the next morning and had to pay 125% of his monthly wage in instalments. So for me Lloris has got off easy.

If Sam had his way, what's £500 to a footballer these days? Its like £5 to the average man. The man is deluded to fuck, probably believes he is destined to manage Real Madrid one day.

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Disagree. 

Also, the whole "role model" argument is nonsense and hints at a greater problem, the lack of adequate parenting in society. 

3 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

Disagree. 

Also, the whole "role model" argument is nonsense and hints at a greater problem, the lack of adequate parenting in society. 

Simple fact is people in the public eye get paid more money as a result of their exposure. When they negatively impact this image they should pay the price - the sane way that when they win "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" they get allsorts of advertisement deals etc.