IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

t

2 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Sorry but Unsy didn't do enough as interim manager. He got a good result against West Ham but led us to some horrendous performances before that.

If Unsworth wants to make it as a Premier League manager then he has to come up the ranks. Eventually he will have to leave the u23s and cut his teeth somewhere else. Take a smaller club up through the divisions and earn his stripes first.

But that's my point, let's develop him by gettign him to work alongside Sam

1 hour ago, rubecula said:

not in charge of the team for one game yet and the general consensus is  Mike Walker was the greatest ms=an alive in comparison.... ffs give him a fucking chance

I’ll give him the same 5 games many on here have unsy.  Ripped him to shreds I’ll do the same.  Called equality, I can’t wait to hear the “he needs to be given more time” bullshit, hypocrites

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

I’ll give him the same 5 games many on here have unsy.  Ripped him to shreds I’ll do the same.  Called equality, I can’t wait to hear the “he needs to be given more time” bullshit, hypocrites

Mark give your head a wobble will you- Unsworth isn’t ready to manage at the top level yet- it was nothing more nothing less than that.

Like I've said previously, I've never had an issue with Allardyce. Always found him quite a character and quite engaging to listen to (especially when talking about bending the rules!!!).

But I never thought I'd have to think of him as an Everton manager! That's a different thought process!

Now he's here, I know he'll bring better results through a more organised team. No doubt we will be more solid at the back and that might see us parking the bus at times (dreading those games!), but hopefully he sees that he has a squad where he can also play more attractive football than he has been able to at his previous few clubs.

It's all about results at the end of the day. Get them, you get the fans. So long as the style of play isn't always backs to the wall!

But he's not a long term solution. He'll bring stability short term but beyond that, if Moshiri is true to his word, we need to be looking NOW for that man that will take us to the next level. The board have plenty of time to work it out and put the feelers out there. No excuses this time.

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Difference is he is coming in off a resounding, confidence building win. 

Mindy came in with the team devoid of any confidence, passion and fight.

Sam will start win a win against a team who have just taken a bigger beating.

35 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'll be interested to see how many of our youngsters get a look in while he's here and had a transfer window or two.

I am hoping that with him only being here for 1 and 1/2 years at most, hopefully just till the end of the season, that he will have little say on transfers and that it would have been made clear to him the importance of using the excellent youth system we have here.

The other straw that I am clinging to is that Walsh does sign younger players, and if he is in charge of transfers he will not saddle us with a load of 30 + lumpers.

19 hours ago, Newty82 said:

He uses 'WE' in his press conference.

That means he gets us and is one of us, or something.

(!!!)

I noticed that too! Something Koeman never did.

Gotta say - I was pretty impressed with his presser. Nothing else to do now than to back him and see EFC rise in the table and in confidence. Any proper EFC fan that wishes failure upon him at this point needs a lobotomy. You don't have to love him, but you have to love the club and he is now leading it. COYB. 

I'll be interested to see how many of our youngsters get a look in while he's here and had a transfer window or two.

This is my main concern honestly (besides the style of football). We have some of the most promising youngsters in the league, and you can tell they're growing, because they are getting plenty of game time.

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

Pale Ale but close.  I still feel the same, i'm all about equality, so he gets the same as koeman and unsy got.  no quarter.

Koeman got longer than Unsworth so that makes no sense. Nobody was against Unsworth Mark- anyone who didn’t want him just thought he wasn’t ready for the role yet and barring that last game- results confirmed it. Nobodys dislikes him or wanted him out they just wanted a more experienced manager and Unsworth back with the U23s

1 hour ago, chalkpie said:

I noticed that too! Something Koeman never did.

Gotta say - I was pretty impressed with his presser. Nothing else to do now than to back him and see EFC rise in the table and in confidence. Any proper EFC fan that wishes failure upon him at this point needs a lobotomy. You don't have to love him, but you have to love the club and he is now leading it. COYB. 

I had noticed that, he spoke quite respectfully too. 

My bib and fork for my humble pie is on order.

14 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Koeman got longer than Unsworth so that makes no sense. Nobody was against Unsworth Mark- anyone who didn’t want him just thought he wasn’t ready for the role yet and barring that last game- results confirmed it. Nobodys dislikes him or wanted him out they just wanted a more experienced manager and Unsworth back with the U23s

3 wins at home pad, he had just started to turn it around.  people willing to give Fat ass 18 months though, what a crock of shit.

31 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

3 wins at home pad, he had just started to turn it around.  people willing to give Fat ass 18 months though, what a crock of shit.

I feel that Unsy could have turned it around as well given time. But I think Pad is right, he’s bit quite there yet. Great guy and I hope his time comes.

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i want him to succeed just holding him to the same standard most on here set for koeman and unsy.  after 18 months it's got to be europe or a trophy to continue on.  anything less and he shouldn't have the contract renewed.

Don’t think anyone disagrees with that Mark but hovering waiting to jump on him is extreme.