IGNORED

Apollon Limassol (Europa Group Stage Away) Thursday December 7th

markjazzbassist

So just to reiterate what I said before the Atalanta game - those of you saying we should put out a strong side, we're you against Moyes and Martinez playing a youth side v Borisov and Krasnodar? 

If Allardyce plays 6 kids he is only doing what Unsworth should have done against Atalanta. That side, and that loss, had a direct impact on us getting stuffed at Southampton. 

Don't know enough about the youngsters but would imagine so the seniors to start. Oddly we've not bothered taking any defence. Robles, Hewelt, Feeney, Schneiderlin, Baningime, Klaassen, Besic, Mirallas, Vlasic, Lookman, Charsley (mid), Hornby (st), Denny (cm), Broadhead (st), Duke-McKenna (wg), Collins (cb), Lavery (st), Gordon (am). 

Robles 

??? Feeney Collins Besic

Lookman Beni Schneiderlin Vlasic  

Klassen  

Mirallas 

So has most of the squad stayed on Merseyside? Im right in thinking they haven't travelled to not be named, aren't I? 

It's interesting to see Schneiderlin, Baningime, Klaassen, Besic, Mirallas, Vlasic and Lookman going. Think that gives a big indicator they're not likely to be starting, or maybe not even featuring, on Sunday.

Personally I'd have liked to have seen Vlasic and Lookman trained and fresh for the derby, either one could come on and give that edge we might lack. As for Morgan, Klaassen they can stay as far away from the derby as possible IMO.

*apologies for the font size change. I have no idea how to change it on mobile as I copied the player names from a previous post. It's ugly.

32 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

So has most of the squad stayed on Merseyside? Im right in thinking they haven't travelled to not be named, aren't I? 

It's interesting to see Schneiderlin, Baningime, Klaassen, Besic, Mirallas, Vlasic and Lookman going. Think that gives a big indicator they're not likely to be starting, or maybe not even featuring, on Sunday.

Personally I'd have liked to have seen Vlasic and Lookman trained and fresh for the derby, either one could come on and give that edge we might lack. As for Morgan, Klaassen they can stay as far away from the derby as possible IMO.

*apologies for the font size change. I have no idea how to change it on mobile as I copied the player names from a previous post. It's ugly.

Sorted. Was hurting my eyes too :P

1 hour ago, Aidan Lewis said:

Personally I'd have liked to have seen Vlasic and Lookman trained and fresh for the derby, either one could come on and give that edge we might lack.

It would be surprising to see any of the 7 you mention not starting tonight.  As to Vlasic or Lookman or any of the others not fresh for Sunday, I’d guess if any play well tonight, they might be brought on as a sub Sunday.  Most are young, anyway.

On 12/5/2017 at 14:25, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Robles

Feeney Keane ?? Martina

Klaassen McCarthy Baningime

Vlasic Sandro Lookman

Subs: Hewelt Charsley Broadhead Denny Hornby Collins ??

Rested: Pickford Williams Jags Rooney Lennon Gueye Gylfi Niasse Davies DCL Holgate Kenny

Out: Baines Bolasie Barkley Besic Seamus Mori 

Fuck off: Mirallas Schneiderlin

Was pretty close I guess? 

Robles

Collins Besic Feeney

Charsley Klaassen Schneiderlin Baningime

Vlasic Mirallas Lookman

Subs: Hewelt Hornby Denny Broadhead Duke-McKenna Lavery Gordon

1 minute ago, rubecula said:

not sure on thatset up to be honest, but thanks for posting it Mike

In the visual lineup posted on the OS, Klaassen appears to partner Schneiderlin as a DM.  But  I wonder whether he will likely play as Rooney has recently, in what SteveO has correctly called a Deep Lying Playmaker role.  Maybe one of you will know whether that’s how he sometimes played for Ajax??

Also, is that how Pirlo played in the last years of his career?

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I get that we need to use the kids but at least put them in their natural positions!

I don't know enough about the kids to know what their natural positions are. Assuming the tweeted formation is accurate, who's out of position (Baningime aside)?