IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Our old stadium) Sunday December 10th

markjazzbassist

Call me an optimist but the one flaw Liverpool have is when a team parks the bus.  It stop their free flowing attack and pace.  That is actually one of the things Big Sam is good at.  I would go with the lineup below

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Williams Baines

Lennon Gana Rooney Davies Gylfi

Niasse

every midfielder can press and defend, Lennon and Davies to break with niasse.  Kenny Gylfi rooney to spray the long balls or crosses into niasse.  Niasse to just beat the shit out of their shit centrebacks.

On 30/11/2017 at 00:51, markjazzbassist said:

Call me an optimist but the one flaw Liverpool have is when a team parks the bus.  It stop their free flowing attack and pace.  That is actually one of the things Big Sam is good at.  I would go with the lineup below

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Williams Baines

Lennon Gana Rooney Davies Gylfi

Niasse

every midfielder can press and defend, Lennon and Davies to break with niasse.  Kenny Gylfi rooney to spray the long balls or crosses into niasse.  Niasse to just beat the shit out of their shit centrebacks.

Wouldn’t put Gana on he will be red carded  for mistimed tackles there midfield are to clever for him to contend with. Stick Besic on he will show more pace and aggression  and won’t allow them to settle. 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Wouldn’t put Gana on he will be red carded  for mistimed tackles there midfield are to clever for him to contend with. Stick Besic on he will show more pace and aggression  and won’t allow them to settle. 

Isn't Besic injured? 

Also, Putting Besic on because you think Gana is a discipline threat is a bit funny. Besic likes a mistimed challenge himself.

For me, this will be a Dr. Who experience. As a small child, I'd hide behind the sofa while Dr. Who was on Saturday evenings. If my parents called from another room, "are you alright in there?", I'd answer, "yes, just watching Dr. Who." I wanted to watch but just didn't have the courage. That's the upcoming derby game.

This weekend was a free pass for the new manager. The derby will be his first real test.

13 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

For me, this will be a Dr. Who experience. As a small child, I'd hide behind the sofa while Dr. Who was on Saturday evenings.

My brother was weird on Dr Who, the theme music terrified him so he'd stay out of the front room until it was over and then watch the episode quite happily before jumping ship at the closing credits. Being a really kind bro I used to try to block the door at appropriate moments so he had to listen:D.

If it was Davey unsworth I’d say we’d get beat 3/4 nil. Under Sam I feel confident we will be in the game. We might not win but we will be in the game. It was the shittest under Martinez when we got tonked when the writing was on the wall. We’ve done something this time. 0-2  Rooney and Niasse 

16 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I don’t agree with that. I think a big factor was Sam sitting there and players realising that they have took the piss for too long 

No doubt that the assurance that the circus around getting a manager in helped, but it was still Unsworth who chose the team, lead training, made subs etc

np Bill,  the players were bought by Koeman (and others admittedly)  other players were sold by him, leaving the team/squad we still have today.  Not really a problem by Unsworth, more a problem left for him.  If we say it is not Big Sam's team, it can not be laid at Unsworths door either.