IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Our old stadium) Sunday December 10th

markjazzbassist

Individuals show absolutely nothing. 3 'blues' on the pitch and not one of them has shown an ounce of passion. The other players floating about like the game means nothing to them. 

The tactics have been pathetic and we've given Liverpool every right to get a goal. We have no balance between defence and attack all we are looking to do is find Niasse or DCL with a quick direct ball to which they've done nothing with. 

Pickford has booted the ball out of play about 3 or 4 times and it's not good enough. Games like this aren't about shutting out the opposition and that's job done you have to offer something going forward too. 

We've got 4 or 5 attacking players on the pitch who need to take responsibility for creating absolutely nothing. 

And the thing I am most annoyed about is Sam not playing Lennon to cover cuco.

Just now, Bailey said:

I have sympathy for Gana in the goal because he is almost nailed on to give a penalty if he doesn't get it right. I would say he should probably have dropped in a bit quicker and then been in a position to defend the goal better but from where he was, he is a bit dammed if he does and dammed if he doesnt.

If his positioning was better he'd be favourite to win. Or better yet if he didn't fly into the back of their players on the half way line when it's not a counter. 

This is appalling.

It's a derby for fucks sake and we are so timid.

I get that we need to stay compact at the back but everything about out play is piss poor.

Long balls galore...most of which are going out of play or straight to Liverpool.

We arent charging their defence down. Niasse and DCL are usually shit hot at this but they are standing there like statues while their CB's pass it around and work it with ease into our first 3rd. Are they being instructed to do this? Its not how they normslly play. 39 minutes was the first time I seen DCL close down a CB near the half way line, it forced him to turn around and panic a bit. I don' get why Niasse and DCL aren't constantly doing this.

47 minutes for a shot on goal? Dreadful.

Our passing is piss poor. Our movement is worse.

What did they work on in during the week? There has to be more than just sit back and hoof the ball out of play. This isn'tt bottom of the League Sunderland or Crystal Palace Sam, it's fuckin Everton in a derby game...get it sorted.

I actually think Sam has set us up pragmatically given everything that is going on at both clubs. I have issues with Rooney on the right but generally speaking, he has done the right thing by going two up top in the hope that they can retain the ball and cause Liverpool a problem on the counter. The problem we have is that the ball up to them is shite and then the two lads themselves arent bringing the others into play so it just isnt working. Sam has done what he can to get us into a good defensive shape (up until the goal they only had 1 chance) and he has put 2 attacking outlets onto the pitch so that we can switch from defensive to attack in one ball, but the players on the pitch arent delivering.

I would go back to a 4-5-1 and try and get Rooney on the ball in midfield. Give Davies some freedom to get forward because at the moment both him and Gana are just in position to cover ground and areas rather than influence the game, and then hopefully we can set up an attack from there and get one back.

1 minute ago, jofanon said:

Martina really needs to fuck off

What about the others?  Their all doing great, passion, determination and so much ability.

Not singling you out mate... but the guys on a hiding to nothing. He’s been named this season as the scapegoat and people watch all game waiting for a mistake, or something to make them sound like they know something about football. 

Williams has been lucky three tines today. Pathetic.

Pickford? Our lads are wearing blue mate.

Gana? Usually a fan, but today your one of the worst on the pitch.

Rooney is out of position and out of the game. 

45 million for a defender called Gylfi. 

Davies, ok when he ball is within 10 yards. If not I can’t be arsed.

DCL not to bad, but wasted with nobody close to him.

Niasse, a few goals don’t make you a worldly mate. You need effort throughout the game.

Kenny. Playing very well. Looks like this game means something to him.

Holgate. Not doing much wrong.

Lennon coming on?

4 minutes ago, pete0 said:

If his positioning was better he'd be favourite to win. Or better yet if he didn't fly into the back of their players on the half way line when it's not a counter. 

It depends on what he was doing before the play was building up. I havent see that part back so I'm not sure.

2 changes - Lennon and Schneiderlin on. Davies and Niasse off.

2 minutes ago, Peter H said:

80% on the ball for Liverpool but only one shot on goal. Means that the defensers are doing something right. The goal came from individual brilliance

Two mistakes from Gana and one from Martina for the goal. Great finish but should have been easily stopped in his tracks and not given the opportunity in the first place. 

Mane should have scored two. Could easily have been going into the break  3+ down.