Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Liverpool Derby (Our old stadium) Sunday December 10th

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Looks like i saved myself utter torture yesterday. A points a point, but this better not be how we play in future

Why? If we go away to any of the top 6 and get a point I'll be delighted. When Atalanta and Southampton were able to humiliate us, and earlier in the season we shipped four to Man U and five at home to Arsenal, yesterday was progress. 

2 hours ago, JoeQuince said:

Rooney’s goal, as celebrated in NYC yesterday. You’ll find me in the back, frozen in disbelief. 

Awesome! would love to visit a blue pub in the states one day, if I ever got that far.

2 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

Awesome! would love to visit a blue pub in the states one day, if I ever got that far.

Mr. Dennehy’s will probably be the biggest/best. As an American, you are used to seeing large crowds for Arsenal, ManUre, Chelsea, Spurs, and the Shite. So, being in a city with an Everton pub—walking in and seeing everyone in blue; sharing in a love for this club; singing after a good result—it’s magical. 

O’Neal’s in Philadelphia is my regular Everton pub (a brisk 25 minute walk away), and is always great, as well. 

47 minutes ago, nogs said:

Why? If we go away to any of the top 6 and get a point I'll be delighted. When Atalanta and Southampton were able to humiliate us, and earlier in the season we shipped four to Man U and five at home to Arsenal, yesterday was progress. 

No doubt, but must’ve been bloody awkward to watch 

3 hours ago, JoeQuince said:

Rooney’s goal, as celebrated in NYC yesterday. You’ll find me in the back, frozen in disbelief. 

I like that very much,  I know where I will go for a bevvy in NYC now

1 hour ago, Matt said:

No doubt, but must’ve been bloody awkward to watch 

You wouldn’t be setting time aside to watch that every week. It was dire.

Only Kenny showed any spirit. Even Niasse wasn’t his usual self. DCL kept going, but that’s about it.

It was one moment of magic from Rooney that wasn’t us a point... who was otherwise slow and lumbersome.

5 hours ago, JoeQuince said:

Just moved back to the city and can't wait to make it back to Mr. Dennehy's after a two year hiatus. I've been wondering for a while when one of us Americans would bring them up; it's a great pub. Will you be there Wednesday, Joe?

16 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Just moved back to the city and can't wait to make it back to Mr. Dennehy's after a two year hiatus. I've been wondering for a while when one of us Americans would bring them up; it's a great pub. Will you be there Wednesday, Joe?

I won’t, unfortunately. I’ll be back in Manhattan this weekend, but of course we don’t play until Monday! It is a great pub. O’Neal’s will have to do for this week! (O’Neal’s is great, too. Spoonie O’Neal is my favorite bar owner).

Where were you the past two years?

2 hours ago, JoeQuince said:

I won’t, unfortunately. I’ll be back in Manhattan this weekend, but of course we don’t play until Monday! It is a great pub. O’Neal’s will have to do for this week! (O’Neal’s is great, too. Spoonie O’Neal is my favorite bar owner).

Where were you the past two years?

Ahh, too bad. Monday will work just as well for me; get all the Everton in that I can while I transition jobs. I was in San Diego, which is not only not much of a city, but made watching Everton quite a challenge because of the time difference and my late work schedule. Happy to be back in EST.

9 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Ahh, too bad. Monday will work just as well for me; get all the Everton in that I can while I transition jobs. I was in San Diego, which is not only not much of a city, but made watching Everton quite a challenge because of the time difference and my late work schedule. Happy to be back in EST.

That’s a bummer. But, welcome back to the east coast! 

It’s actually possible, but doubtful, that I could make the match Monday. I’ll make sure to let you know if I’ll be there. 

36 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

What was he supposed to do? Play cavalier football and get spanked 4-0 again?

Our squad isn'tt good enough to outplay Liverpool, simple as that.

It's going to take a few more ugly derby matches to break the psychological barrier that we face when playing a derby. When Liverpool fans and players start approaching derbies with dread because it's going to be another miserable slog then that is our opportunity to alter the narrative and start getting results that go in our favour.