IGNORED

Richarlison

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

When it means he puts the ball in the box with his right foot and it messes up what would’ve been a simple pass with his left foot to make almost a certain goal, then yeah I’ll moan about that. 

I kind of expect a professional footballer to at least be capable on his weaker foot to be honest. Weird, I know. 

nobody is perfect Romey but it is possible the other lad, Bernard, will make up for the lad's inability to play football the way you want him to,  personally I am happy so far with his performances.

love what we are getting out of the lad so far, hopefully its a sign of things to come. has loads of tricks and the confidence to pull it off, watching him, theo, tosun and gylfi interplay yesterday we looked a complete different side to 2017.

have a feeling that the rest of the league may start to moan about him hitting the deck and staying down a little too much soon....

3 minutes ago, Tristagi said:

love what we are getting out of the lad so far, hopefully its a sign of things to come. has loads of tricks and the confidence to pull it off, watching him, theo, tosun and gylfi interplay yesterday we looked a complete different side to 2017.

yes, I agree, it looks a far better and more balanced team than last season, and we still have more players to come in too.

5 hours ago, rubecula said:

nobody is perfect Romey but it is possible the other lad, Bernard, will make up for the lad's inability to play football the way you want him to,  personally I am happy so far with his performances.

So am I. But it would be helpful if he had a left-foot he could use to play the ball seeing as he plays on the left. That way when he attacks a defender and he shows him on to his weaker foot he can still be dangerous. As it is he gets shown down the wing and he he awkwardly fluffs the ball into the area with his right foot.

I'm not saying he needs to have a wand of a left foot like Baines and be able to whip the ball in on that foot, but when he doesn't even seem to be able to pass the ball into the box, or lightly cut it back on his left foot, that's very poor for a professional footballer.

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

So am I. But it would be helpful if he had a left-foot he could use to play the ball seeing as he plays on the left. That way when he attacks a defender and he shows him on to his weaker foot he can still be dangerous. As it is he gets shown down the wing and he he awkwardly fluffs the ball into the area with his right foot.

I'm not saying he needs to have a wand of a left foot like Baines and be able to whip the ball in on that foot, but when he doesn't even seem to be able to pass the ball into the box, or lightly cut it back on his left foot, that's very poor for a professional footballer.

This is what I preached before we signed him and got told that he was equally adept with both feet because a website said so. My whole point is he is young enough to develop it, I appreciate him as a player- fantastic talent but he needs to acknowledge that he needs to work on this aspect to really reach the highest level he can. Can’t fault him so far anywhere else.

14 minutes ago, MikeO said:

If we play to our potential we can certainly finish above Arsenal and United if they don't sort themselves out; the other four would be a much more difficult party to crash.

agreed completely, it's wide open this year due to new managers and Mou's inevitable crash at United.  We need to seize the opportunity this year.  Even Chelsea look vulnerable.

57 minutes ago, MikeO said:

If we play to our potential we can certainly finish above Arsenal and United if they don't sort themselves out; the other four would be a much more difficult party to crash.

I can't see past Arsenal and United. Even if they stuggle this season I still think their squads are too strong for us to overtake them. United will still win plenty of games even with the alleged current tension in the dressing room. As for Arsenal, they will start to click when they get used to Emry's style of play. I can see a few players in that squad being dropped eventually, Ozil included.

People are getting over excited about our start, i agree they are better to watch now  than last season,  but lets face it weve had pretty mundane results against two of the weaker teams in the league.

I dont think theres anything to get excited by.

57 minutes ago, Gatesy said:

At the end of the day we are 2 games into the season... And it has been a great start and we look really positive as a team!

I don't get this whole don't make me laugh point of view, who is anyone to say we haven't got it in us to finish in the top 6 or top 4... Yes it is optimistic, yes it is a really big gap to leap, but why not? Did Leicester think they would win the league in 2016? NO... The team pulled together and kept a positive team spirit and fought every game for each other! 

Football is a game of Dreams and why shouldn't we Dream of the Champions League? Why Laugh at the lad who is putting everything he has into bringing the fans together and leaving everything he has on the pitch?

If we had a team full of players with the same attitude and ambition as Richarlison and Coleman we would be a huge threat and I think the influence that players like these have on a dressing room is vitally important to us pulling together and breaking into that 'Untouchable 6' and changing the outside perception of our Club!

Anything can happen over the course of the season... Teams can Outperform expectation and people can fall massively short... So lets get behind our lads and support them to fulfil there ambitions so they can fulfill our dreams of being a powerful force in the Top Tier of Football once again!

Exactly. 

Plus, keep in mind, that November is the time to give up and get down, not after 2 games!

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Exactly. 

Plus, keep in mind, that November is the time to give up and get down, not after 2 games!

by november matt most members on here know who will get relegated, remember last year?  we were a candidate :rofl:

love the positivity @Gatesy  i also think we will do well.  hell maybe even bring home some hardware, yes i said it.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

People are getting over excited about our start, i agree they are better to watch now  than last season,  but lets face it weve had pretty mundane results against two of the weaker teams in the league.

I dont think theres anything to get excited by.

I think it's more the spirit that Silva is creating in the squad that is building some optimism. The lads seem to want to play for him and each other and he's said how important the fans are too.

I'm mentioning the results because people earlier in the thread were talking about us finishing ahead of Arsenal and Man Utd  and getting into Euro,  to do that we need good results and a lot of them.  A draw against Wolves and a win against a poor Southampton does'nt give me any reason to do cartwheels of excitement.  

is all i'm saying.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I'm mentioning the results because people earlier in the thread were talking about us finishing ahead of Arsenal and Man Utd  and getting into Euro,  to do that we need good results and a lot of them.  A draw against Wolves and a win against a poor Southampton does'nt give me any reason to do cartwheels of excitement.  

is all i'm saying.

Do you not see a difference in the quality of play and attitude and ethos of the team though Bill? Forget the results (which maybe should've been more reflective of the performances); you're being "glass half empty" guy here imo, though I don't blame you after so many false dawns.

8 hours ago, Gatesy said:

At the end of the day we are 2 games into the season... And it has been a great start and we look really positive as a team!

I don't get this whole don't make me laugh point of view, who is anyone to say we haven't got it in us to finish in the top 6 or top 4... Yes it is optimistic, yes it is a really big gap to leap, but why not? Did Leicester think they would win the league in 2016? NO... The team pulled together and kept a positive team spirit and fought every game for each other! 

Football is a game of Dreams and why shouldn't we Dream of the Champions League? Why Laugh at the lad who is putting everything he has into bringing the fans together and leaving everything he has on the pitch?

If we had a team full of players with the same attitude and ambition as Richarlison and Coleman we would be a huge threat and I think the influence that players like these have on a dressing room is vitally important to us pulling together and breaking into that 'Untouchable 6' and changing the outside perception of our Club!

Anything can happen over the course of the season... Teams can Outperform expectation and people can fall massively short... So lets get behind our lads and support them to fulfil there ambitions so they can fulfill our dreams of being a powerful force in the Top Tier of Football once again!

What comes to mind is the famous quote from Henry Ford: Whether you believe you can or believe you can't, you're right! If you don't believe in yourself, you'll never make it.

Mike its a lot more enjoyable to watch we can all see that, but it's no good playing great football if you get relegated, so you cant ignore the results. We need lots of good results against the top teams before I get excited.  Four points against  below average Wolves  and Southampton is no reason to get carried away, not for me.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Mike its a lot more enjoyable to watch we can all see that, but it's no good playing great football if you get relegated, so you cant ignore the results. We need lots of good results against the top teams before I get excited.  Four points against  below average Wolves  and Southampton is no reason to get carried away, not for me.

I don't think anyone is suggesting to ignore the results Bill, but if you look at our performances in the last 2 games you surely must agree that we are leaps and bounds ahead of where we were at any point last season? 

The football that we are playing is great... The work rate from everyone in the side is massive... and this whole new positive attitude is getting the fans behind the team!

Everything is pulling in the same direction for the first time in years, and as fans we all have a right to get behind this movement and ride the wave hopefully to compete at the top end of the Prem.