Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
duncanmckenzieismagic

Richarlison

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, aaron said:

100% this. We are privileged to attend all the home games where we can see what he does 100% of the time, those watching on TV will only see when he is on the ball and will have their view of him skewed a bit. This isn'ttt a dig at people who "don't go the match" but honestly his stropping around when the ball is nowhere near him is very evident. Seen him plenty of times moan at someone else for his fuck up as well. Yes he's scored the goals but he did need dropping to show you cant just rely on former glory, you've got to stay competitive to stay in this team.

Thats a fair point actually. On the TV he always seems to be back in position when he is needed, but obviously cant tell what he is doing when he is out of shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/02/2019 at 11:55, aaron said:

100% this. We are privileged to attend all the home games where we can see what he does 100% of the time, those watching on TV will only see when he is on the ball and will have their view of him skewed a bit. This isn'tttt a dig at people who "don't go the match" but honestly his stropping around when the ball is nowhere near him is very evident. Seen him plenty of times moan at someone else for his fuck up as well. Yes he's scored the goals but he did need dropping to show you cant just rely on former glory, you've got to stay competitive to stay in this team.

I can see his lack of effort regardless of watching on TV mate - the angle on the stream I get is quite wide and elevated but even so, if he's ever out of frame, it's because the balls in our half and he isn'tt which speaks volumes. It's been so abundantly clear, but also completely aligned with the collapse of the whole team since the derby defeat. Plus Silva seems to have abandoned the high press that was working so well. 

His sulking face doesn't help with the attitude perception. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/02/2019 at 10:15, Matt said:

I can see his lack of effort regardless of watching on TV mate - the angle on the stream I get is quite wide and elevated but even so, if he's ever out of frame, it's because the balls in our half and he isn'ttt which speaks volumes. It's been so abundantly clear, but also completely aligned with the collapse of the whole team since the derby defeat. Plus Silva seems to have abandoned the high press that was working so well. 

His sulking face doesn't help with the attitude perception. 

I'm not sure that its Silva whose abandoned the high press.  He's got no choice as the players aren't prepared to work hard enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, johnh said:

I'm not sure that its Silva whose abandoned the high press.  He's got no choice as the players aren't prepared to work hard enough.

But they were doing and quite well too. After the derby we reverted to this mess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Apple News: 

Agent of £80m-rated Everton star opens talks with LaLiga giants

The agent of Everton star Richarlison is reportedly in talks with LaLiga giants Atletico Madrid over a possible summer move.

The Brazilian reportedly emerged as a summer target for Maurizio Sarri’s Chelsea, but AC Milan, PSG and Atletico Madrid are also said to be watching the player closely.

The 21-year-old, who has scored 10 goals in 23 Premier League appearances this season, won his first senior cap with Brazil last September has since notched three in six for his country.

Richarlison has struggled to keep up his form recently but that has not deterred potential suitors nor altered Everton’s valuation, with a recent report suggesting that Everton want double the £40m they paid for him in 2018.

Now, a report from Spanish outlet AS claims that Atletico Madrid hold interest in the forward, but would struggle to pay the £80m price tag.

They do state though that the club’s technical director, Andrea Berta, has held talks with the player’s agent to sound out interest over a potential move.

It is believed that Atleti are in the market for a young forward, despite already having the likes of Thomas Lemar and Angel Correa on their books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, barryj said:

From Apple News: 

Agent of £80m-rated Everton star opens talks with LaLiga giants

The agent of Everton star Richarlison is reportedly in talks with LaLiga giants Atletico Madrid over a possible summer move.

The Brazilian reportedly emerged as a summer target for Maurizio Sarri’s Chelsea, but AC Milan, PSG and Atletico Madrid are also said to be watching the player closely.

The 21-year-old, who has scored 10 goals in 23 Premier League appearances this season, won his first senior cap with Brazil last September has since notched three in six for his country.

Richarlison has struggled to keep up his form recently but that has not deterred potential suitors nor altered Everton’s valuation, with a recent report suggesting that Everton want double the £40m they paid for him in 2018.

Now, a report from Spanish outlet AS claims that Atletico Madrid hold interest in the forward, but would struggle to pay the £80m price tag.

They do state though that the club’s technical director, Andrea Berta, has held talks with the player’s agent to sound out interest over a potential move.

It is believed that Atleti are in the market for a young forward, despite already having the likes of Thomas Lemar and Angel Correa on their books.

As long as we get £100 million for him fair enough.  He is never going to hang around long, just until a bigger club comes in for him, just a question of sooner than later, we knew that when he came here.  As much as I like the player, it's not like he's set the world on fire (yet) and though he hasn't reached his potential we could replace what he brings to the team with the money we get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been screaming out for a winger who gets goals and now we have one. I wouldn’t sell him, as mentioned I think he will be some player in a few years. Instead let’s get a proper goal scorer uptop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Matt said:

But they were doing and quite well too. After the derby we reverted to this mess

I could very well be wrong but in the opening stages of the season ( say 8 games in ) we had created the most chances from turn overs in attacking areas of the pitch. It was working. The goal against Brighton comes to mind where Richarlison picked off the pass for Duffy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Finn balor said:

When he is 23/24 he will be some player. I wouldn’t consider selling him. He might hit 15 goals this season which is a really good return for a player thats prodimently a midfielder 

 

 

Its a very good return for a player thats only 21 years old in any position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Finn balor said:

When he is 23/24 he will be some player. I wouldn’t consider selling him. He might hit 15 goals this season which is a really good return for a player thats prodimently a midfielder 

 

 

There’s no way Richarlison is a midfielder...but it’s a good return for a wide forward in a struggling team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Finn balor said:

When he is 23/24 he will be some player. I wouldn’t consider selling him. He might hit 15 goals this season which is a really good return for a player thats prodimently a midfielder 

 

 

 

13 hours ago, Btay said:

Been screaming out for a winger who gets goals and now we have one. I wouldn’t sell him, as mentioned I think he will be some player in a few years. Instead let’s get a proper goal scorer uptop.

I totally agree, I'd love for him to stay here, buckle down and become awesome.  But we all know that's not what Richarlison is all about.  He'll be angling of his next upwards move if not at the end of this season, then after that.  He'll never stay if a CL club comes in for him.  Bit of a faustian bargain.  We have to get what we can out of him while he's here, and do the same when he inevitably moves on.  In fact, a good tactic with him would be to say; look play well here and in two seasons you'll get your move.  That's your motivation, but you'll need to prove yourself and put the effort in.  Cynical I know but that is the space the modern game is in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Btay said:

I could very well be wrong but in the opening stages of the season ( say 8 games in ) we had created the most chances from turn overs in attacking areas of the pitch. It was working. The goal against Brighton comes to mind where Richarlison picked off the pass for Duffy.

You're not wrong, that's exactly what was happening. The starting lineup hasn't changed much, but the mentality and tactics have done a 180

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×