IGNORED

Richarlison

5 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

The way things are going, the odd player out will be Walcott. Personally, I was not that impressed with his signing, although I realize I’m in a minority on that point. 

Me neither, but he was one of the better players last season.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

There was only one person here, wasn’t there?

;) 

Relative at the time it was a huge outlay.  Inflation has made it almost impossible to retrospectively place a value on players now.  A few years back prices shifted slightly.... now there is absolutely no sense to it all. 

Suprised at the different opinions here to be honest.

I think Richarlison is one we really just have to wait and see on. I think he definitely has more talent and potential than most of our other wingers.

• Vlasic has shown nothing to me to make think he's ever going to be more than a solid bottom half of prem player or top Championship level player. Works very hard, Tracks back well, but doesn't really any creativity, invention ability to go by a player going forward.
  • Lookman has all the talent in the world going forward, but is lazy and inconsistent at tracking back and needs to mature in his decision making
  • Bolasie since his injury hasn't been the same force going forward to me, and has never been great tracking back.
  • Walcott is good all round for me and our best winger..... when fully fit.

I'd rather be investing in younger potential that still is just on the verge of getting in first team rather than paying £30M to £40m for 28+ year old in their prime that are difficult to move on if they don't perform (e..g. Bolasie, Williams_) whcih according to Fat Sam is what we should be doing!

32 minutes ago, Trigger said:

I'd rather be investing in younger potential that still is just on the verge of getting in first team rather than paying £30M to £40m for 28+ year old in their prime that are difficult to move on if they don't perform (e..g. Bolasie, Williams_) whcih according to Fat Sam is what we should be doing!

Yeah, Sam has been on the chat again.

Saying Evertonians don't want potential, they want players that can make an impact now. As if he ever knew what we did or didn't, do or dont want/wanted.

he's a lot more polished than lookman.  if i had a nickel for every time lookman trips over himself, runs into a cul de sac of opponents or simply makes a bad pass i'd be rich as hell.  the worst thing lookman did is score that goal right on first appearance, set the bar too high, he needs to grind it out a little more and learn to work harder for the team.  

18 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

Fuck me not having much luck tonight with people getting their wires crossed 😂

That was a reply to a previous post to NY not regarding Richarlison but Vlasic basically saying he isn'ttt a wide man and he's poor there 

I’m still crossed then. Was it Richarlison or Vlasic or both who are AMs, not wingers? While you might be right that both are better suited to the middle, both are nearly exclusively used on the wing. That’s the point.

1 hour ago, nyblue23 said:

I’m still crossed then. Was it Richarlison or Vlasic or both who are AMs, not wingers? While you might be right that both are better suited to the middle, both are nearly exclusively used on the wing. That’s the point.

richarlison is most certainly a winger in the traditional sense. vlasic has been primarily used on the wing but i'm still convinced he's a central midfielder. though i think that's been the biggest challenge with vlasic, none of our managers have figured out the best way to use him.

29 minutes ago, heckcr01 said:

richarlison is most certainly a winger in the traditional sense. vlasic has been primarily used on the wing but i'm still convinced he's a central midfielder. though i think that's been the biggest challenge with vlasic, none of our managers have figured out the best way to use him.

He answered it for me thanks Heckcr 

Made it quite clear that Vlasic isn'ttt a winger in the previous posts wouldn't even dispute Richarlisons position

Doesn't matter if they have been played in the wrong position it's not their natural or previous main position, I've filmed myself hanging out the back of the missus it doesn't make me Mandingo

8 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

He answered it for me thanks Heckcr 

Made it quite clear that Vlasic isn'tttt a winger in the previous posts wouldn't even dispute Richarlisons position

Doesn't matter if they have been played in the wrong position it's not their natural or previous main position, I've filmed myself hanging out the back of the missus it doesn't make me Mandingo

Hanging out the back of the missus?

Wh...wh...wh...what is this?!

😈😈😈

21 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

No not Vlasic I meant if you'd seen Richarlson play, he's shite out wide and having Sigurdsson here won't bode well for his chances through the middle so he'll be limited 

I agree on Lookman but as I said in my opinion this lad is better and has more about his game 

Price tag I really couldn't care tbh it's the price you pay for potential in a crazy market, this kid at £35+m or Maddison for £24m I know where my money would be going 

I'd be very happy to have those two and Walcott vying for either wing/front three spot along with Tosun 

We'll see how the lad gets on but I'd gladly pop back to this one as I'm confident he'll be a very good purchase 

I think I finally get it. You’re crossing pronouns. The “he” in bold is for Vlasic but it directly follows you talking about Richarlison. In the previous post, “the lad” directly follows a paragraph about Vlasic, but you’re referring to Richarlison.

Regardless, my point still stands. Vlasic will likely get used on the wing. Richarlison is a better option on the wing, I agree, but maybe not a 50 million pounds better option and definitely not a 50 million pounds better option than Lookman, who is a natural winger, and who needs game time to develop.

21 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

he's a lot more polished than lookman.  if i had a nickel for every time lookman trips over himself, runs into a cul de sac of opponents or simply makes a bad pass i'd be rich as hell.  the worst thing lookman did is score that goal right on first appearance, set the bar too high, he needs to grind it out a little more and learn to work harder for the team.  

Couldn’t disagree more. Lookman hasn’t been given a decent run in the team and therefore had tried ‘too hard’ in order to keep his place. I believe he’ll be a brilliant player. 

If you had a nickel for every mistake he made for Everton last season you’d have less than 20 dollars and I’m guessing that won’t make you rich! 😉

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

What’s Lookman worth now? 20m? So he needs to be the difference better.... which could be 40 before add one? 

Haha stuff it, if he’s better than what we have, then it improves the team. 

Come in a little late there. I don’t think he’s better than Lookman necessarily, and I think Lookman has even more potential. They’re almost such different players that it’s hard to know... Richarlison strong and direct and Lookman pacey and tricky.

42 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Come in a little late there. I don’t think he’s better than Lookman necessarily, and I think Lookman has even more potential. They’re almost such different players that it’s hard to know... Richarlison strong and direct and Lookman pacey and tricky.

I agree they are different t players. Lookman is more relaxed and Barkleyish. I think he could be an amazing player if he was more direct. So in that respect, I agree that he has more potential as well.

But as they both stand, I would say Richarlison is a better player at the moment, and will be more of an upgrade to what we have.

7 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He was probably one of the best players in the league in those first few months whereas Lookman has done sweet fuck all since he has been here (with mitigating circumstances).  Expecting the two of them to be anywhere near the same price is madness.

Youre right can’t compare them......ones a World Cup winner. 

I don’t see how anybody can compare him to anyone. He is 21 and went from a full Brazilian league then strait to the prem. he had a dip. Of course he did. He’s a kid. Like I’ve said before, we bought lookman for £11 mill eighteen months ago. That in football terms is the equivelent of Richarlison now. The worlds gone mad, we are swimming with sharks 

"Richarlison faded badly, but still had more shots, created more chances from open play and dribbled past more defenders than anyone at Everton last season".

Thats on top of having no break between his move from Brazil to Watford. I'm not saying I agree with the price but he is a step in the right direction.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I agree they are different t players. Lookman is more relaxed and Barkleyish. I think he could be an amazing player if he was more direct. So in that respect, I agree that he has more potential as well.

But as they both stand, I would say Richarlison is a better player at the moment, and will be more of an upgrade to what we have.

Mark my words. The two of them in the same team together will increase the value of both. 

2 hours ago, 12ubb3rduck3y said:

"Richarlison faded badly, but still had more shots, created more chances from open play and dribbled past more defenders than anyone at Everton last season".

Thats on top of having no break between his move from Brazil to Watford. I'm not saying I agree with the price but he is a step in the right direction.

Wow that’s a stat right there.  Didn’t realize e went straight from the Brazilian league to premier with out a break.  Guy might tear the league up now that he got an actual holiday and rest.