Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
duncanmckenzieismagic

Richarlison

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Doubt we will ever see him back here if united get rid he will go to another CL team

Your right Aidan it was just more a rant about how we could do with him now, because of what he can do regardless of what people think of him as a person, we payed him to score goals and he earned his money.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Your right Aidan it was just more a rant about how we could do with him now, because of what he can do regardless of what people think of him as a person, we payed him to score goals and he earned his money.

 

 

yep, and for all his faults he puts the thing in the net, something Cenk, DCL, Niasse, etc can't do.  i loved lukaku, i enjoyed watching him play and enjoyed him helping our team.  but sadly i think you're right, he won't be back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I think the lad is going to be a superstar. He has rough edges for sure but he is a game changer and is probably worth double what we paid for him 

When rumors of Barca being interested start to pop up, then you know there's something to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/12/2018 at 15:01, hafnia said:

Has a bit of an attitude... not in the sense that he's lazy but he's sulky. 

I dont think it effects his game though. He sulks but then he is back and ready to go again.

I think he is a going to be a great player though. Everything we do well involves him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bailey said:

I dont think it effects his game though. He sulks but then he is back and ready to go again.

I think he is a going to be a great player though. Everything we do well involves him.

Except when he stays on the ground as play goes on around him and just sends death stares out, or lies clutching a part of his body like he's been shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Except when he stays on the ground as play goes on around him and just sends death stares out, or lies clutching a part of his body like he's been shot.

Or refuses to pass time and time again and holds on to the ball to try and be the superstar. He needs to learn to be a team player. I’m all for players wanting to be the best but the team comes first not his ego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/12/2018 at 13:16, Paddock said:

Or refuses to pass time and time again and holds on to the ball to try and be the superstar. He needs to learn to be a team player. I’m all for players wanting to be the best but the team comes first not his ego.

Thats the bit that pisses me off the most. Holds onto the ball far too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

tied for 4th most goals in the league with 9 goals.  and he doesn't take pens.  he has his flaws but for a 21 year old kid, the sky is the limit.

Plus he was banned after that red at the start of the season - he could have even more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought his goal against Burnley was excellent today. It was a great build up and finish, but it did annoy me to see him pick up a silly yellow for taking his shirt off and over celebrating. I could understand it if he had scored the winner in a tight Derby game or something, but not the fifth goal in a five one win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Heath said:

Thought his goal against Burnley was excellent today. It was a great build up and finish, but it did annoy me to see him pick up a silly yellow for taking his shirt off and over celebrating. I could understand it if he had scored the winner in a tight Derby game or something, but not the fifth goal in a five one win.

It was a bit silly, but after his “performance” against Spurs he probably had a point to prove 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sublime finish yesterday, very much in the way of Suarez, he hit it with his left foot when his right was the obvious option, and took the keeper by surprise. Getting the card was stupid and shows he still needs to mature, he could tot up more cards and miss a key game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Sublime finish yesterday, very much in the way of Suarez, he hit it with his left foot when his right was the obvious option, and took the keeper by surprise. Getting the card was stupid and shows he still needs to mature, he could tot up more cards and miss a key game.

Touch. BANG!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shukes said:

Great decision to bench him and bring him back to earth. Looked like he had a point to prove when he came on.

exciting player and one that will only get better.

Agree completely. He was getting involved in the goal celebrations on the bench though, I was happy to see that, not just sat there sulking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t have much confidence in him when he’s dribbling at defenders to keep the ball. He can be quite scatty for a Brazilian! He doesn’t have his head up either. There was a couple of times today where he let’s us down in good situations. He started well but looks a different player now. I think it’s hard to judge right now as there are so many players who seem to be underperforming. It could be they have lost faith in what the manager is trying to do. It’s like sigurdsson is playing as a second striker and we just have two players in midfield with 4 up front who never seem to get the ball as much as they should...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Stop playing him up front for fucks sake.

If that means he can't get into the starting 11 ahead of Lookman and Bernard, then so be it. 

Spot on, he offers nothing in that role, doesn't win aerial challenges, hold the ball up, or bring others into play, he's a wide man and nothing else. DCL needs to be our starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Richarlison 65 minutes

23 touches

8 successful passes

0 shots

5 defensive actions (tackles, interceptions, clearances)

1 dribble

1 foul won

6 losses of possession

 

DCL 41 minutes

19 touches

4 successful passes

1 shot

0 defensive actions

0 dribbles

0 fouls won

4 losses of possession

 

Tosun 34 minutes

 2 touches

0 successful passes

0 shots

0 defensive actions

0 dribbles

0 fouls won

1 loss of possession

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Richarlison is losing confidence, and that's because he's being asked to play centre forward.

Silva needs to get back to playing the best players in their best positions, if he thinks he doesn't have a centre forward good enough to play that position, then he has to go and get one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

@Bailey (if you know) do those touches include headers/aerial duels won?

Would be curious to see how many each were involved in and how many they won.

No I dont im afraid. I can see that DCL won 6 and Richarlison 3 (Tosun 0)  but it doesnt tell me off how many attempts. It will be somewhere just not sure where yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt said:

Missed the game, but sounds like the winger is playing better and having more of an impact as a winger? 

 

:o 

I wouldn't go as far as saying he's playing well but he definitely has more of an impact playing wider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he could roll his socks up, he would be an incredible player. He is effective in moments, but doesn’t have the attitude right at the moment. Another season and he’ll be a beast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/01/2019 at 10:17, Shukes said:

If he could roll his socks up, he would be an incredible player. He is effective in moments, but doesn’t have the attitude right at the moment. Another season and he’ll be a beast.

Think so? Why would attitude change from this season to next? It’s looking more and more like he could end up being a flop. He’s been a passenger for 3 months now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Think so? Why would attitude change from this season to next? It’s looking more and more like he could end up being a flop. He’s been a passenger for 3 months now. 

I just think if they can work on him, he could turn into something really good.

He came on and fight well tonight, it was like he watched the younger lads and heard the crowd react. His effort was there, but he still held on to the ball way to long, trying to do it himself.... that’s immaturity for me and something he will learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds me a bit of Lukaku.  strolls arround looking pissed off all the time, and hes a miserable bastard he never smiles or looks as tho he enjoys football, another thing that reminds me of Lukaku is the start he had to the season which was quite good but now hes downed his tools and is a bit of a liability. He did the same at Watford and was benched for most of the season after Xmas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t disagree with any of you. But I did see effort last night from him. If he could add quality to effort like that, then he could end up being a much better player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don’t think he’s as good as what we thought. His passing is dreadful. He gets into so many good positions and then either loses the ball trying to beat a man or plays an awful pass....he’s a real scatty player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strong, quick, gets the goals.

He's not really a winger as much as a wide forward. If he gets 10-15 league goals a season, combine that with a striker and midfielder that does the same and we have goals in our side. 

I'm surprised how many people have changed their mind on him over the course of a couple of months, despite only being 21 years old.

He's scored the most goals for a player 21 or under this season. Only Rashford comes close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Matt said:

Jesus. I don’t like is attitude either and his form has been poor but that’s largely down to bad tactics playing him out of position, plus the team doing not well, particularly midfield.

It was only 6 months ago we were all giddy because he getting call ups to Brazil! 

Can we please stop calling for heads to roll and selling players off after seriously short periods of time?! 

Stop being a kill joy what else can we moan about 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matt said:

Jesus. I don’t like is attitude either and his form has been poor but that’s largely down to bad tactics playing him out of position, plus the team doing not well, particularly midfield.

It was only 6 months ago we were all giddy because he getting call ups to Brazil! 

Can we please stop calling for heads to roll and selling players off after seriously short periods of time?! 

Hallelujah brother.

I know we are having a shit time of it lately but as Matt said can we stop being hyper critical of our new and young players and try supporting them for a while please. Crikey without Richarlison  and his goals we would be in deep shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Hallelujah brother.

I know we are having a shit time of it lately but as Matt said can we stop being hyper critical of our new and young players and try supporting them for a while please. Crikey without Richarlison  and his goals we would be in deep shit.

Your have to put a scaffold around Richarlison to support him he’s always falling over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see the attitude quotes. Yes he goes down easy but he always works hard and never lets his full back down. Some of his passing is frustrating but no more so than any of the other forward players. Even that pass for Tosun would have been a good pass if Tosun was a quicker player and more on his toes. He was guilty of not realising who the man was more than anything.

I have no problem with the player (other than being soft). He is our main goal scoring winger and should be complemented with a player like Bernard on the other side who is better at keeping the ball.

And in terms of being soft, his team mates need to help him out and give him a good kick in on the training pitch until he gets used to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I don't see the attitude quotes. Yes he goes down easy but he always works hard and never lets his full back down. Some of his passing is frustrating but no more so than any of the other forward players. Even that pass for Tosun would have been a good pass if Tosun was a quicker player and more on his toes. He was guilty of not realising who the man was more than anything.

I have no problem with the player (other than being soft). He is our main goal scoring winger and should be complemented with a player like Bernard on the other side who is better at keeping the ball.

And in terms of being soft, his team mates need to help him out and give him a good kick in on the training pitch until he gets used to it.

Agree, he’s good at creating for himself but not so great at creating for others.

 

My only gripe is he wants to act a hard man but goes over all the time. Can’t fault his work ethic though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You absolutely can fault his work ethic. 

At the beginning you couldn’t, absolutely. But I’ve watched him for months play like he’s totally disinterested. Just a token effort at most the majority of the time. 

I’m ecstatic he’s been dropped and I hope it stays that way for a good while. That might light a fire under his arse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You absolutely can fault his work ethic. 

At the beginning you couldn’t, absolutely. But I’ve watched him for months play like he’s totally disinterested. Just a token effort at most the majority of the time. 

I’m ecstatic he’s been dropped and I hope it stays that way for a good while. That might light a fire under his arse. 

100% this. We are privileged to attend all the home games where we can see what he does 100% of the time, those watching on TV will only see when he is on the ball and will have their view of him skewed a bit. This isn'tt a dig at people who "don't go the match" but honestly his stropping around when the ball is nowhere near him is very evident. Seen him plenty of times moan at someone else for his fuck up as well. Yes he's scored the goals but he did need dropping to show you cant just rely on former glory, you've got to stay competitive to stay in this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys ..... can we just clarify that footballers are humans and it's an ever changing game...

Some on here and may be myself at times are reluctant to review a player and change an opinion cos it means we were wrong at some stage.....  I was happy to get Walcott,  made up with Schneiderlein, thought Gomes was better than pogba and Richarlison is the next Ronaldo.... my thoughts are different now. Not cos I was wrong then but what those players are doing now.

We lack characters in the team and not one of them have any.... when the chips are down you find out who is a good solid pro.  Davies the other night, Kenny, Tosun, Niasse,  they may not be the best but they will Shane those aforementioned. 

 

Players need to be held accountable by their attitude.  Richarlison is petulant, talented but unreliable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/02/2019 at 03:42, Shukes said:

I just think if they can work on him, he could turn into something really good.

He came on and fight well tonight, it was like he watched the younger lads and heard the crowd react. His effort was there, but he still held on to the ball way to long, trying to do it himself.... that’s immaturity for me and something he will learn.

More like he wanted to impress Man City.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You absolutely can fault his work ethic. 

At the beginning you couldn’t, absolutely. But I’ve watched him for months play like he’s totally disinterested. Just a token effort at most the majority of the time. 

I’m ecstatic he’s been dropped and I hope it stays that way for a good while. That might light a fire under his arse. 

No doubt he will be back in for the Watford game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×