IGNORED

Richarlison

22 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Pretty soon after he'd signed and said those stupid comments he was saying if Richarlison plays well then we'd win... Man's a crackpot!

What a start to the season for the lad though. If not for the silly red card it'd have been perfect.

I haven’t heard crackpot since my grandad, who died 20 years ago. Brilliant word. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hafnia said:

As much as I love Cenk for everything he stands for.... we would be crazy not to go and get a top end striker.  Bernard and Richarlison are nailed on starters for me with gylfi behind.   If we bought a striker who can play, has pace and finishes..... you are talking top 4. 

A striker in the mould of Firmino for me. Fluid front 4 that can inter change positions. Cenk has that style of play, just a bit of pace lacking. 

Top end right back as well. 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

As much as I love Cenk for everything he stands for.... we would be crazy not to go and get a top end striker.  Bernard and Richarlison are nailed on starters for me with gylfi behind.   If we bought a striker who can play, has pace and finishes..... you are talking top 4. 

I can think of a guy with those two qualities who might be available soon.

23 hours ago, hafnia said:

I still have (medium) high hopes for Tosun, but you make a persuasive point, if I understand what “gylfi behind” means.  There’s another if, too......

If #1 — Do you mean?

Pickford

Back 4

Gana   Sigurdsson

Walcott  Bernard  Richarlison

Striker

If #2 —  Won’t it be crucial for Gana mostly to sit in front of the back 4 as lone DM, letting Sigurdsson be box-to-box, attacking CM?  If yes,  what are the chances Gana will not run all over the pitch, disrupting .... both teams?

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He needs to stop slowing the play down too.

He's a kid though, and I'm sure Silva will be in his ear about certain things.

Yep- not knocking the lad, he’s very young and will hopefully learn but he infuriated me yesterday with his unwillingness to pass- time and time again he held on to it knowing he was running down a blind alley.

26 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Doesn't help that it was Palace either, wrong game to put him up front whilst he's still learning the role. 

Shouldn’t matter who we are playing, he needs to learn to pass and think of the team not just himself grabbing a headline. I’m delighted he wants it that much but hopefully with maturity he’ll learn to stop trying to beat the whole defence on his own for a full 90 minutes.

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

Someone as talented as he is will always try to do more than he should, and that’s the way it should be. He’ll learn from mistakes and develop his game. There’d be complaints if he wasn’t so adventurous!

Remember a skinny lad on the wing at united used to get moaned at for the same reasons. He never turned out too shabby. 

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I thought he did really well in the physical battle up against their CBs. 

Still a bit to prone to naughty stuff for me, he went in with a pre-meditated elbow on one of their lads early on, was only a flick but could've been another red if the ref had seen it differently. Also goes to ground too easily, cut the crap out of his game and his fee was money well spent.

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant player.  Two expert finishes..... 6 goals in 7 games.  Not all those games have been as a striker either. 

I would still like to see him out on the right and a similar footballing striker up front.....  sky is the limit.

Technically superb, skill, touch, passing,

He works his arse off and presses the defence

Pace and strength.

Finishing.... not bad is it?

Tactically very alert

Don't be surprised to see mourinho in January bid for Everton striker headlines in papers.