Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
duncanmckenzieismagic

Richarlison

Recommended Posts

One thing that annoyed me so much today, he had the opportunity to play the ball down the line for Kean but kept cutting back. Needs to play those balls early. 

Goals win games though, and he’s doing that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, StevO said:

One thing that annoyed me so much today, he had the opportunity to play the ball down the line for Kean but kept cutting back. Needs to play those balls early. 

Goals win games though, and he’s doing that. 

I agree. It was so frustrating at times, but that’s why he stays on the pitch, he can win games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Shukes said:

One of the weirdest games from a player in a long time.

He spent the game sulking. On his knees so many times, look annoyed when Iwobi went off before him. Had the ball in dangerous places so many times, but cut back inside every time, or even went backwards. The crowd were calling for him to be subbed all match.

Then goes and shuts us up with an beautiful finish and very nearly gets a hat trick.

Thought he played well myself and I never heard a single shout asking for him to be phookef certainly nobody who sits anywhere near me was calling for him to be subbed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Thought he played well myself and I never heard a single shout asking for him to be phookef certainly nobody who sits anywhere near me was calling for him to be subbed

May have just been upper Bullens mate. Constant shouts of, you better start doing something. And then discussions of who to replace him with. 

Luckily the manager made his own mind up and kept him on.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

The opposing teams hate him. On the wolves site they were saying he has a face you just want to punch 😂

But the thing is he does, and if he was playing for anyone else but us we'd be at the front of the queue. Lad defends him saying for some the natural "visage" is a scowl but I don't buy it.

You're being paid gazillions to play a game instead of being a coal miner, enjoy it ffs! There's 35,000 people in the stadium who'd gladly swap jobs with you and they'd all be smiling like a Cheshire cat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shukes said:

One of the weirdest games from a player in a long time.

He spent the game sulking. On his knees so many times, look annoyed when Iwobi went off before him. Had the ball in dangerous places so many times, but cut back inside every time, or even went backwards. The crowd were calling for him to be subbed all match.

Then goes and shuts us up with an beautiful finish and very nearly gets a hat trick.

Summed it up perfectly really!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MikeO said:

But the thing is he does, and if he was playing for anyone else but us we'd be at the front of the queue. Lad defends him saying for some the natural "visage" is a scowl but I don't buy it.

You're being paid gazillions to play a game instead of being a coal miner, enjoy it ffs! There's 35,000 people in the stadium who'd gladly swap jobs with you and they'd all be smiling like a Cheshire cat!

If you're being paid millions to play for my club you'd better have some fire in your belly! 

His work ethic and determination allow me to overlook his tantrums. Maybe it's not everyone's take on it but I think the negativity in him reflects upon himself, he wants to be the best and works hard in order to do so. If he isn't the best he isn't happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Aidan said:

If you're being paid millions to play for my club you'd better have some fire in your belly! 

His work ethic and determination allow me to overlook his tantrums. Maybe it's not everyone's take on it but I think the negativity in him reflects upon himself, he wants to be the best and works hard in order to do so. If he isn't the best he isn't happy. 

You a shrink? I think you may have nailed it there pal. Top post 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, StevO said:

One thing that annoyed me so much today, he had the opportunity to play the ball down the line for Kean but kept cutting back. Needs to play those balls early. 

Goals win games though, and he’s doing that. 

I saw it the other way. Kean was greedy and should have squared it to Richarlison for his hattrick. 

4 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Thought he played well myself and I never heard a single shout asking for him to be phookef certainly nobody who sits anywhere near me was calling for him to be subbed

I heard a few shouts but they were happy to hold their hands up. 

Personally I thought Silva should have made a sub earlier. We were struggling second half and a lot of players were walking (Iwobi noticeably frustrated and rightly so). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nogs said:

I'm taking credit for his two goals yesterday. Hooked him from my fantasy team, guaranteed way to get one of ours scoring! 

Cheers nogs do you have any more Everton players in your FPL? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, pete0 said:

I saw it the other way. Kean was greedy and should have squared it to Richarlison for his hattrick. 

I agree he should have, on that one occasion. But Richarlison repeatedly cut back when the ball was on for Kean and he was making the run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/09/2019 at 18:39, Aidan said:

If you're being paid millions to play for my club you'd better have some fire in your belly! 

His work ethic and determination allow me to overlook his tantrums. Maybe it's not everyone's take on it but I think the negativity in him reflects upon himself, he wants to be the best and works hard in order to do so. If he isn't the best he isn't happy. 

NSNO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He drives me to fucking distraction this lad- falling over at the slightest touch, refusal to pass, constantly trying to do much, greedy fucker but the rattles 2 in. He wins us games and I’ve learnt I’m going to have to put my frustrations about him to one side because that’s the package you get with him.

I really do wish he’d pass more though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paddock said:

He drives me to fucking distraction this lad- falling over at the slightest touch, refusal to pass, constantly trying to do much, greedy fucker but the rattles 2 in. He wins us games and I’ve learnt I’m going to have to put my frustrations about him to one side because that’s the package you get with him.

I really do wish he’d pass more though.

I know what you mean. He was sulking so much the other day, down on his knees when anyone was being subbed as if to say, I’m fucked! Doing the same trick over and over... and it never worked!

Then knocks the second in and is a hero again haha. I think your right, let’s just accept what he is and let him do what he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He still young enough to learn and to improve. Maybe not the petulant stuff, think we’re stuck with that, but when to release the ball and bring others into play, when to pick a pass. He can still get better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s a funny kind of player. He doesn’t do one thing exceptionally from what I can see. He’s not blistering in speed, not particularly tricky but he’s got an eye for goal and he is effective and that’s what wins games. He must be a nightmare to play against 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StevO said:

He still young enough to learn and to improve. Maybe not the petulant stuff, think we’re stuck with that, but when to release the ball and bring others into play, when to pick a pass. He can still get better. 

Random thought: Is petulant the modern day snide? Can't really throw in a hard tackle these days without getting a yellow., much less any antics ala big dunc style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

He’s recently paid for a girl in Brazilian to attend a football trial when he heard she couldn’t afford to pay for the travel. Top guy 

He does seem to be a genuinely nice lad. Good on him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it may be time to drop him for a few. 

He doesn’t seem to be learning or toughening up. The tough streets of Brazil are obviously nothing compared to the tough streets over here. I don’t understand how a lad his age can be such an absolute pussy. 

He is either a very very extremely weak person, or a cheat. 

A bit of time on the bench to make him think of what it takes to be a premier league footballer and a few words from the manager is desperately needed.

Really really frustrating watching him fall over time and time again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He needs to look at videos from Ronaldos early games. He’s too strong to be going down as easily as he does and he’s got the skill to improve massively. But he needs to learn quick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think anyone is happy to see his play acting the way he does, and it’s only going to make refs less inclined to give fouls against him, (boy who cried wolf etc). There was a period of play yesterday where he took about 15 seconds once back on his feet to get back on side, embarrassing action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As frustrating as he was again on Sunday he was still the only one fashioning chances. 

You have to weigh up whether you want DCL on the pitch, doing a better job of holding the ball up, or whether you want Richarlison who is a far bigger threat.

He is the first attacker on the teamsheet for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bailey said:

As frustrating as he was again on Sunday he was still the only one fashioning chances. 

You have to weigh up whether you want DCL on the pitch, doing a better job of holding the ball up, or whether you want Richarlison who is a far bigger threat.

He is the first attacker on the teamsheet for me.

Exactly and his service has been non existent.  It’s not like they are serving him up chance after chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After that performance I would much rather have DCL. Our best moments came in the last 15 minutes with DCL and Cenk on the pitch. 

Richarlison at the moment is embarrassing us. Neutrals see him as the biggest cheat in the premier league. Well the ones I talk to do.

Were all quick enough to tear people apart for doing it against us, we need to do the same with our own players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bailey said:

As frustrating as he was again on Sunday he was still the only one fashioning chances. 

But not finishing them, which is what everyone is complaining about isn't it? 

I was fuming at his performance on Sunday. The way he falls over at every touch from a CB is either disgraceful play acting or evidence that he just cannot handle the physical side of the game every CF has to endure. To be fair to him, he did win a blatant foul off Sanchez, which Atkinson probably didn't give coz of how many times he'd been on the floor beforehand. But then why wasn't he booked for playacting? 

I agree with Shukes. If a player on another side behaved the way he did Evertonians would want them lynching. Keep him on the wing where he gets much less of the close attention he clearly can't handle, and where imo he's more of a threat anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reputations really shouldn't go before a player. If it's a foul then the ref should give it. I know it's not that simple but it should be. 

Richarlison certainly doesn't help himself in this regard. I'm certain that not every time he's been grappled and lands on his arse that he's not playacting and when he doesn't get the decision that then makes him be more theatrical the next time because he feels he needs to to get the free-kick. But that then makes the ref less willing to give the foul. And on and on we go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think his sulky face puts most people off. If he feels contact he goes down, that’s probably the way he was taught in Brazil and he would get a lot more fouls in other countries. He should get a lot more than he does because of the way he rolls around the boy who cried wolf analogy is spot on. I think other supporters know he is our biggest threat. Can score with either foot and is good in the air. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nogs said:

But not finishing them, which is what everyone is complaining about isn't it? 

I was fuming at his performance on Sunday. The way he falls over at every touch from a CB is either disgraceful play acting or evidence that he just cannot handle the physical side of the game every CF has to endure. To be fair to him, he did win a blatant foul off Sanchez, which Atkinson probably didn't give coz of how many times he'd been on the floor beforehand. But then why wasn't he booked for playacting? 

I agree with Shukes. If a player on another side behaved the way he did Evertonians would want them lynching. Keep him on the wing where he gets much less of the close attention he clearly can't handle, and where imo he's more of a threat anyway. 

No everyone is complaining about him flinging himself around. He was getting shots off that the others wouldn't but they were no more than half chances. 

I completely understand that he is a huge pain in the arse and it does have a negative impact on the team at times but he brings more than any of the other attackers and whilst I don't like it I think he brings more than he gives away with his antics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shukes said:

After that performance I would much rather have DCL. Our best moments came in the last 15 minutes with DCL and Cenk on the pitch. 

Richarlison at the moment is embarrassing us. Neutrals see him as the biggest cheat in the premier league. Well the ones I talk to do.

Were all quick enough to tear people apart for doing it against us, we need to do the same with our own players.

In the last 15 minutes when they were down to 10 men and we had most of the possession with 2 strikers playing alongside each other?

FWIW I though Cenk was lively, far more important touches than DCL (goal included).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nogs said:

But not finishing them, which is what everyone is complaining about isn't it? 

I was fuming at his performance on Sunday. The way he falls over at every touch from a CB is either disgraceful play acting or evidence that he just cannot handle the physical side of the game every CF has to endure. To be fair to him, he did win a blatant foul off Sanchez, which Atkinson probably didn't give coz of how many times he'd been on the floor beforehand. But then why wasn't he booked for playacting? 

I agree with Shukes. If a player on another side behaved the way he did Evertonians would want them lynching. Keep him on the wing where he gets much less of the close attention he clearly can't handle, and where imo he's more of a threat anyway. 

All of this but what annoys me even more is that he does have the strength, certainly the balance and quick feet, to hold off 1-2 players sometimes. It just tells me he’s deciding he can’t be bothered when he decides to buy a foul. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bailey said:

In the last 15 minutes when they were down to 10 men and we had most of the possession with 2 strikers playing alongside each other?

FWIW I though Cenk was lively, far more important touches than DCL (goal included).

 

Yes hat 15 minutes.

Not saying it’s just DCL, as I thought Cenk energy was great. But I did see the importance and difference that DCL made. I watched him fall into the floor and still reach out a leg which kept possession on our side. He stood up and made a simple pass inside that started an attack. Excellent bit of individual skill that goes unnoticed a lot.

If that was Richarlison, DCL and Cenk wouldn’t have even got on the pitch, as Richie would still be rolling on the floor well into stoppage time!

And it didn’t go unnoticed that Cenk and DCL both challenged for cross that went in. Brought a massive smile to my face to see two players going in where it hurts.... made me feel that the ball was going in, there was no chance it want it. That’s the spirit of the realm Everton we all want to see.

Made up for Cenk. He deserved that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst he has the skill set of can shoot with both feet and is good in the air ( when not chanllenged) he’s not tough enough to play CF, would like to see him get on the end of DCL,S knock downs more, and also when he’s on the wing, run down the line more, he kept stopping and passing the ball back too often on Sunday when he had the chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt said:

All of this but what annoys me even more is that he does have the strength, certainly the balance and quick feet, to hold off 1-2 players sometimes. It just tells me he’s deciding he can’t be bothered when he decides to buy a foul. 

This is it for me. He clearly can stay on his feet and get on with it. I think Silva needs to be stronger with him and tell him to man up a bit. I don't necessarily care about the going to the ground bit as long as he gets up and goes again when it's not given. 

It pisses me off most when the other 10 lads are out there grafting and he is rolling around clutching his face 5 minutes after the collision occured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bailey said:

He was getting shots off that the others wouldn't but they were no more than half chances. 

If DCL had them shots people would be moaning they were straight at the keeper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pete0 said:

If DCL had them shots people would be moaning they were straight at the keeper. 

 

51 minutes ago, Bailey said:

DCL wouldn't have got the shots off, it just wouldn't have happened.

Thought DCL has looked good the past 4 or 5 games he's featured in and constantly dropping him unwarranted, especially after many runs of previous games when he hasn't really been doing much but kept his place. 

I suppose it's tactical, but nonsensical to me. And I don't even really like him as a player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aidan said:

 

Thought DCL has looked good the past 4 or 5 games he's featured in and constantly dropping him unwarranted, especially after many runs of previous games when he hasn't really been doing much but kept his place. 

I suppose it's tactical, but nonsensical to me. And I don't even really like him as a player. 

I don't think he has looked good and I'm not surprised he has been dropped.

I actually think his performance levels are down on last season but then again so are most of the teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DCL 5 in 12 games this season (all competitions). Shooting accuracy 45% (5 on target from 11 total). "Big chances" missed - 5

https://www.premierleague.com/players/9576/Dominic-Calvert-Lewin/stats?co=1&se=274

 

Richarlison 4 in 12 games this season (all competitions). Shooting accuracy 28% (8 on target from 29 total). "Big chances" missed - 2

https://www.premierleague.com/players/24630/Richarlison/stats?co=1&se=274

 

No idea what constitutes a "big chance" or "missed" (is missed a save, like when a penalty is saved it's called a miss?) because I remember at least 4-5 headers that Richarlison should've buried but had his 50p head on. His defensive work statistically is much better, though you'd expect that from a winger vs a CF

All I can really get from those stats is that both are under-performing massively, however so is pretty much everyone else as has been mentioned. The main issue has come from injury in midfield, and that we played such a slow game for so long (until Gomes and Davies worked together at least) that the forwards just don't get an opportunity in time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see that Silva is working with Richarlison to get him to “stand more”. 

He is saying that the premier league is fast and tough and you need to be strong, and that Richarlison needs to learn to stand up more. The referees will then be “ more fair”!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shukes said:

Good to see that Silva is working with Richarlison to get him to “stand more”. 

He is saying that the premier league is fast and tough and you need to be strong, and that Richarlison needs to learn to stand up more. The referees will then be “ more fair”!

Annoyed that he has to say it in the first place 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Matt said:

DCL 5 in 12 games this season (all competitions). Shooting accuracy 45% (5 on target from 11 total). "Big chances" missed - 5

https://www.premierleague.com/players/9576/Dominic-Calvert-Lewin/stats?co=1&se=274

 

Richarlison 4 in 12 games this season (all competitions). Shooting accuracy 28% (8 on target from 29 total). "Big chances" missed - 2

https://www.premierleague.com/players/24630/Richarlison/stats?co=1&se=274

 

No idea what constitutes a "big chance" or "missed" (is missed a save, like when a penalty is saved it's called a miss?) because I remember at least 4-5 headers that Richarlison should've buried but had his 50p head on. His defensive work statistically is much better, though you'd expect that from a winger vs a CF

All I can really get from those stats is that both are under-performing massively, however so is pretty much everyone else as has been mentioned. The main issue has come from injury in midfield, and that we played such a slow game for so long (until Gomes and Davies worked together at least) that the forwards just don't get an opportunity in time. 

If you look at understat for the expected goals, assists and involvement in build up play etc, Richarlison is far more rounded than DCL. The former is only significantly below average for his goals and expected goals when playing as a forward (he hasn't scored from up front) whereas this is where DCL is actually above average however he is almost non-existent in most of the other categories. Richarlison averages 2.67 shots per 90 minutes compared to DCL's 1.52.

The one thing to consider in these stats is that DCL scored when the ball was almost over the line. If you take this out, his goal contribution drops significantly where it is less than average but still higher than Richarlison's.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sibdane said:

amen, he tracks back and presses well.  that's why i don't get why people want him dropped, he works hard.  the rolling around sure i get that, but he is a hard worker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...