Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
duncanmckenzieismagic

Richarlison

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

The point is that there was no £80m bid to have a player as cover.

I didn't say there was an £80m bid. I said 'looking to spend' which is an entirely different thing altogether 😉 and accurate or not, it's what has been reported in relation to several players. 

My point being, if Barca did actually like the look of Richarlison (and who knows really?), they wouldn't change their mind just because Suarez returns to fitness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

He’s worth 90m at least.  He’s English so add the premium to the fee.  Still young too.  If he was at United or Chelsea they would be singing his praises.  I’d be fine selling him.  There are a plethora of decent shot stoppers now.  I don’t see much difference between Tim Howard and Pickford.  Worldly saves one week, laughable goal the next.  

 

14 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

If the truly shite Kepa was bought for close to £80m then he’s easy worth that. 

Not sure he's worth £80/£90m on the basis that another hyped keeper but failed was bought for that amount.

Kepa had an unblemished record which earned him that "gambled value".... he's worth half of that not at a push.

Pickford IMO doesn't offer enough value, his command of his area is poor... from set pieces he is poor.... shot stopping great but that's not enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the £80m keepers. 

De Gea was better bar his kicking but he's been out of form the last 2 seasons. 

Ederson is better at passing and sweeping but not as good at shot stopping. 

No idea how good Alisson is as he's hardly ever worked. 

Kepa... No need to even make an argument. 

Add that Pickford would have an English premium and I see no reason for him to be any cheaper. He's young so it's 10 years you don't need to look for a replacement. Think if any of the teams above us lost their keeper they'd happily pay it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

12 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Looking at the £80m keepers. 

De Gea was better bar his kicking but he's been out of form the last 2 seasons. 

Ederson is better at passing and sweeping but not as good at shot stopping. 

No idea how good Alisson is as he's hardly ever worked. 

Kepa... No need to even make an argument. 

Add that Pickford would have an English premium and I see no reason for him to be any cheaper. He's young so it's 10 years you don't need to look for a replacement. Think if any of the teams above us lost their keeper they'd happily pay it. 

De Gea makes far more howlers than Pickford and his command of his area is far worse. He is the softest keeper in the league! 

I think the two Brazilians are the best keepers in the league. Pickford, Leno and De Gea in the rung below maybe with Patricio and then the rest from there. 

Im sure there are some keepers abroad who we could buy for less than we could sell Pickford for but I can't name them!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/01/2020 at 14:14, Bailey said:

 

De Gea makes far more howlers than Pickford and his command of his area is far worse. He is the softest keeper in the league! 

I think the two Brazilians are the best keepers in the league. Pickford, Leno and De Gea in the rung below maybe with Patricio and then the rest from there. 

Im sure there are some keepers abroad who we could buy for less than we could sell Pickford for but I can't name them!  

I'm definitely of the thinking that if we can sell pickford for £40m or so them get it done.....  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/02/2020 at 00:14, Bailey said:

 

De Gea makes far more howlers than Pickford and his command of his area is far worse. He is the softest keeper in the league! 

I think the two Brazilians are the best keepers in the league. Pickford, Leno and De Gea in the rung below maybe with Patricio and then the rest from there. 

Im sure there are some keepers abroad who we could buy for less than we could sell Pickford for but I can't name them!  

Dubravka from Newcastle 

Schmicheal from Leicester 

Matty Ryan Brighton

 

All very, very good keepers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Btay said:

Dubravka from Newcastle 

Schmicheal from Leicester 

Matty Ryan Brighton

 

All very, very good keepers.

i like Ryan a lot.  only 27 too which is still young for a keeper.  if we did sell pickford i wouldn't be mad if he was the replacement.  also it's about time we get another aussie!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And if Pickford is as bad as some say then how do they value him it at 40 million, and if his value is 40 million then that would make him one of the top keepers in the world so why sell him if you can’t improve on him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

And if Pickford is as bad as some say then how do they value him it at 40 million, and if his value is 40 million then that would make him one of the top keepers in the world so why sell him if you can’t improve on him. 

You’d get a lot more than £40m as well.

Dubravka and Ryan are nowhere near as good. I don’t know why anyone would advocate downgrading a position. A position that we’re currently very strong in. Plus, in my opinion Pickford is only going to get better.

Im a big fan of his. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Ancelotti will have the measure of young Jordan so unless he/Brands have someone better in mind, he's staying.

Well said, a good voice of reason there.

18 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I'm definitely of the thinking that if we can sell pickford for £40m or so them get it done.....  

Might as well let someone have him for free, that’s ridiculously cheap IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Well said, a good voice of reason there.

Might as well let someone have him for free, that’s ridiculously cheap IMO

Yeah I think we paid 30m.  I’m only interested in selling if we can get 60m+.  Anything less than that and just keep him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StevO said:

Dubravka is not even close to Pickfords league. 
 

Schmicheal isn’t leaving Leicester, and if he did it isn’t to go to Everton. 
 

Ryan? Replace Pickford with Ryan?

Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, United, none of them would even come close to picking up Dubravka or Ryan. These are the clubs we need to compete with, and none of them have particularly strong keepers anymore.

 

Anyone with an issue with Pickford remember when we replaced Howard with Robles, and then Stek? We have a very very good goalkeeper as it is. Hes not throwing balls in every week, we don’t concede a lot of goals, yeah he’s got a personality! Why is that so bad? He makes saves, and plenty of them. 
 

Every single transfer you make is a risk, and plenty of them don’t pay off. We all moan on here enough about the ones that didn’t pay off. But where is more important on the pitch for minimal risk than the goalkeeper? We sell Pickford and bring in Edison it could still not work, but we aren’t even talking about replacing him with a top keeper. We’re talking about replacing him with keepers who have had average careers so far, but MIGHT be better if we buy them. 
 

Better the devil you know, but the devil we know isn’t that bad. He’s actually pretty fucking good!

Thank you for saving me the time in writing the reply!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, StevO said:

Dubravka is not even close to Pickfords league. 
 

Schmicheal isn’t leaving Leicester, and if he did it isn’t to go to Everton. 
 

Ryan? Replace Pickford with Ryan?

Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, United, none of them would even come close to picking up Dubravka or Ryan. These are the clubs we need to compete with, and none of them have particularly strong keepers anymore.

 

Anyone with an issue with Pickford remember when we replaced Howard with Robles, and then Stek? We have a very very good goalkeeper as it is. Hes not throwing balls in every week, we don’t concede a lot of goals, yeah he’s got a personality! Why is that so bad? He makes saves, and plenty of them. 
 

Every single transfer you make is a risk, and plenty of them don’t pay off. We all moan on here enough about the ones that didn’t pay off. But where is more important on the pitch for minimal risk than the goalkeeper? We sell Pickford and bring in Edison it could still not work, but we aren’t even talking about replacing him with a top keeper. We’re talking about replacing him with keepers who have had average careers so far, but MIGHT be better if we buy them. 
 

Better the devil you know, but the devil we know isn’t that bad. He’s actually pretty fucking good!

I’ve added 3 keepers to the list of players suggested to be in the group under the top keepers. Have you actually watched Dubravka? And Matty Ryan? 
 

I never once said about replacing pickford with anyone of them so I don’t know why you’ve run off on that.

Schmichael is better than pickford - regards of if he would leave Leicester is irrelevant.

I believe Matty Ryan to he just as good but plays behind a worse team. Dubravka has been immense for Newcastle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You’d get a lot more than £40m as well.

Dubravka and Ryan are nowhere near as good. I don’t know why anyone would advocate downgrading a position. A position that we’re currently very strong in. Plus, in my opinion Pickford is only going to get better.

Im a big fan of his. 

Pickford still has huge potential don’t get me wrong. I just believe his game is being held back by his ego right now. He has the kind of arrogance that a winner has but he is channeling it in the wrong way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Btay said:

I’ve added 3 keepers to the list of players suggested to be in the group under the top keepers. Have you actually watched Dubravka? And Matty Ryan? 
 

I never once said about replacing pickford with anyone of them so I don’t know why you’ve run off on that.

Schmichael is better than pickford - regards of if he would leave Leicester is irrelevant.

I believe Matty Ryan to he just as good but plays behind a worse team. Dubravka has been immense for Newcastle.

This isn’t a thread about who are great keepers though. It’s turned into a conversation about replacing Pickford or not. Then Bailey said he’s sure there are keepers abroad who could be bought for less than Pickford, but he couldn’t name them. 
You responded with your list of these three. Looked like it was a suggestion that these three could replace him. I’m sure it wasn’t only me who took it like that. 
If that wasn’t your suggestion I don’t understand what you were suggesting it for. 
 

I have seen both Dubravka and Ryan, neither look anything special to me. Both certainly don’t look to be anywhere near as good as Pickford. And if the club thought either could replace him I’d have serious concerns. 
Dubravka is 31, Ryan 27, there is a reason that they both haven’t made it to any bigger clubs. They aren’t good enough. 
 

I don’t doubt how good a keeper Schmichael is, not at all, he’s a great keeper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StevO said:

This isn’t a thread about who are great keepers though. It’s turned into a conversation about replacing Pickford or not. Then Bailey said he’s sure there are keepers abroad who could be bought for less than Pickford, but he couldn’t name them. 
You responded with your list of these three. Looked like it was a suggestion that these three could replace him. I’m sure it wasn’t only me who took it like that. 
If that wasn’t your suggestion I don’t understand what you were suggesting it for. 
 

I have seen both Dubravka and Ryan, neither look anything special to me. Both certainly don’t look to be anywhere near as good as Pickford. And if the club thought either could replace him I’d have serious concerns. 
Dubravka is 31, Ryan 27, there is a reason that they both haven’t made it to any bigger clubs. They aren’t good enough. 
 

I don’t doubt how good a keeper Schmichael is, not at all, he’s a great keeper. 

Merely making a point of the keepers I believe in the league to be the same level as pickford and co that were suggested to be under the 2 Brazilians. 
 

I do agree however that this thread has gone massively off course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Guaita for palace. Made his first mistake leading to a goal in 1.5 years at the weekend.  Statistically brilliant keeper.... they are out there. 

Richarlison though eh.... great player. 

Yeah but how good a keeper is he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Btay said:

I’ve added 3 keepers to the list of players suggested to be in the group under the top keepers. Have you actually watched Dubravka? And Matty Ryan? 
 

I never once said about replacing pickford with anyone of them so I don’t know why you’ve run off on that.

Schmichael is better than pickford - regards of if he would leave Leicester is irrelevant.

I believe Matty Ryan to he just as good but plays behind a worse team. Dubravka has been immense for Newcastle.

The only one I haven't seen a lot of is Ryan but Schmeichel is solid but very hesitent and poor on the ball. Dubravka mixes a good save with a mistake. He started so well but now it's becoming more and more regular. He looks better than he is because he is kept busy IMO. In a good side it would be far more notable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badaids said:

I can’t believe this, we’ve got one of the best keepers in the league, maybe the world. Far from perfect, makes some errors and is probably a bit of a tit, but he’s young and will improve. He’s also the only player to play with any consistency over the last 3 seasons and has got us out the shit on countless occasion in that time. Best keeper we’ve had since Big Nev.  But yes sack him off and let’s sign Matt Ryan.

Who Richarlison? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only caught the first half and went on twitter to see the goals. What a fantastic goal from Richy today and a great header for Doms too. 

As soon as I saw it all I could think of was the big boys being in for him in the summer. If he could score as many as he is but make them look a bit shitter that would be great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty funny to re-read some of the posts on the first page of this thread with the benefit of hindsight (not that I'm blaming anyone for their first reaction to this signing, because I doubt anyone predicted just how good a buy he'd turn out to be). 

I remember when we signed Richie, the media never missed an opportunity to say we'd bought "£50 million Richarlison from Watford" (even though the initial outlay was 35 million), trying to make us out to be mugs. I remember every opposition fan board I checked was laughing at us too. 

Well, 18 months on and United's main fan site has a thread calling for their board to try and sign him.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Isaiah said:

Well, 18 months on and United's main fan site has a thread calling for their board to try and sign him.   

 

10 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Think city will be all over him. Just the player they need up front 

Are you expecting us to loose him in the next window? Bloody hope not, hopefully he will see the sense of being at a settled team under Carlo, after 1 season at Watford and the shit storm of his first 18 months here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's come on shitloads recently. I've never been all that enamoured with him, right from when we signed him and it didn't improve all that much while I got to see him up close. But he's red hot at the minute and is really standing up for us - his goal yesterday really pulled us out of the shit with the defence looking very ropy and Pickford's brainfart to let Palace back into it.

He's not the most skillful of players, but he's tough and determined. I look forward to seeing where it takes him (and us).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many crosses does he clear for us at the beat post? He defends any corner that hits the near post. Then 30 seconds later he is running at their defenders. 
He will never be a typical Brazilian, but he will always be an effective player. Fast becoming a top top player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny how we see things. I think he’s been massively underperforming and the goal yesterday covered up a poor game on the whole. Keeper should’ve had it but can’t fault his drive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shukes said:

How many crosses does he clear for us at the beat post? He defends any corner that hits the near post. Then 30 seconds later he is running at their defenders. 
He will never be a typical Brazilian, but he will always be an effective player. Fast becoming a top top player.

There aren't many players that have a similar style of play to him. A bit of a maverick. Definitely no Brazilian does what he does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matt said:

Funny how we see things. I think he’s been massively underperforming and the goal yesterday covered up a poor game on the whole. Keeper should’ve had it but can’t fault his drive. 

Same with DCL. They were both pretty quiet. Richarlison got better and better after his goal though. The keeper was never getting to it though, your a bloody harsh judge!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly though he was having a great game even before his goal. Was attacking, helping out in defence and running himself to the point that he was on his knees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Same with DCL. They were both pretty quiet. Richarlison got better and better after his goal though. The keeper was never getting to it though, your a bloody harsh judge!  

Thought it was poor positioning from the keeper, but credit where credits due. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched some of the Brazilian national team fly on the wall series on Amazon.

The Brazilian players love him.  Danni Alves mentioning that he more or less won the final for them by winning fouls, holding up the ball.

The player Everton looked very skilful tbf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aidan said:

He was fuming when the final whilst went at the decision. Wants to win so bad. 

He was fuming before then. When we got a corner I’m surprised he didn’t burst the ball he threw it into the turf that hard to get it to Baines :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s got everything. That Newcastle goal where he rolls it into the bottom corner sums up of good he is at finishing like that, composed as it comes - similar to his goal against wolves when he first signed. 
 

20 goal a season striker, no doubt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...