IGNORED

Richarlison

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

If you set up 20 chances where your striker is faced with an open goal, but misses the whole lot.....

How many assists will you get?

How productive we’re you?

I get that Shules but over a volume of years you would expect the players who created more chances to produce more assists. I'm not saying the stats clearly show this or that but I was bored at work and it filled half hour of my time! 

No doubt it will be the same tomorrow! Ha

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

I know mate. Just putting another angle on it.

I remember people talking about Pienaars stats and how it was all Baines. What they failed to remember is that little flick that took out two players and allowed Bainsey to put in an assist for Timmy C. 

People get so caught up in certain stats and often don’t see the importance of other players. 

Yeh completely agree mate. 

I'm glad we've finally done the deal, if the reported fee is £35m, that's good compared to Bolassie, he's hopefully going to be a great acquisition for us over the years.

FWIW ive read W Brom want £20m for Jay Rodriguez, which to me makes £35m for Richarlison look even better, and I'm looking forward to watching him in action.

Just now, Isaiah said:

Literally every other transfer this summer the media have made zero mention of all the various add-ons and bomuses and whatnot, and they certanly haven't taken wild guesses at how much those all will finally amount to. But now Everton have signed someone for 35 million and all I'm seeing is "Everton Sign Watford Forward For 50 Million", trying to make us look like we're pissing money away. I don't remember any "Liverpool Sign Average Goalkeeper For Sum That Could Rise to 80 Million" headlines when they signed that Roma guy who barely anyone had heard of until 2 months ago.  

Anyway, that rant aside, I'm happy with the signing. Now for Mina and Digne.   

spot on, espnfc is doing the same and its pissing me off.

Clubs are getting huge money from TV deals in PL these days. We won't run out of money with transfers as such, and these funds are not coming from Moshiri's pocket I believe. We need to get used to the increased funding PL clubs are receiving, hence the ridiculous spending. 

15 hours ago, Aidan said:

Eventually clubs are going to have to boycott these stupid fees and players will have to rely on becoming a free agent in order to move.

I reckon player exchanges as part of deals will become more common. 

At present I always dismiss rumours of player swaps but with the crazy fees I think more clubs will look to pay part of the fees with players as part of the deal. 

20 hours ago, Bailey said:

I get that Shules but over a volume of years you would expect the players who created more chances to produce more assists. I'm not saying the stats clearly show this or that but I was bored at work and it filled half hour of my time! 

No doubt it will be the same tomorrow! Ha

'bored at work and filled half hour of my time'.  Bailey, hope you are not a brain surgeon or a tight rope walker!

18 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

It fits the narrative that the media want to put out. Everton are desperate and are over paying. It's always about putting Everton down because, realistically, we are the only team in the league that is capable of actually displacing the big clubs.

Saying Richarlison cost £50m is like saying Lukaku cost over £100m when he went to Utd. It's just how they want to spin it.

Richarlison cost £35m, there's no danger of us actually activating any of these additional clauses.

Just because you're paranoid... 

I'm actually positive that this kid will be a star.  I recall a few of you going mad for him around October November time.... it all seemed to go Pete tong when Silva wanted to go... or was it that?

Well two things really.....  by the time Silva was being chased by us the lad had played a full seasons worth of football without any real break.  Brazil's season starts in January so he joined Watford when most players would be whinging for a winter break.... so by the end of December he was probably gassed and deflated that the man who bought him in was disengaged from the role.

My hopes are he shoves all the "laugh at Everton getting ripped off" shouts up the media and kopites in their faces. 

https://www.watfordfc.com/club/club-statement-watford-fc-official-statement

Watford FC feels compelled to make the following statement in a bid to correct erroneous and misleading media reports concerning an ongoing dispute with Everton FC. 

The club have made an official complaint to the Premier League over an allegation of an illegal approach to former manager, Marco Silva. 

The complaint to the Premier League makes clear the seriousness of the allegation and what the club believes is overwhelming evidence of a clear breach of Premier League rules. 

At the request of the Premier League we entered into mediation with Everton in a process that involved club officials and their respective legal teams, with no conclusion being reached. 

Therefore the disciplinary process continues. In pursuing its disciplinary claim, the club has known from the outset it forfeited any right to compensation as a consequence of not following a proposed arbitration process. 

We believe this situation is not about a compensation figure but the principle of making a stand when the actions of one Premier League club completely undermine and cause intrinsic damage to a fellow member club. 

We trust in the Premier League to fully investigate the complaint and we will comply with that process. 

The club will be making no further comment.