IGNORED

Paco Alcacer

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

Would love him here but I doubt it happens.  He’s seen how his fellow Spaniard Sandro has been treated, he will stay in Spain.

Struggle more like. Massive gulf between the prem and La Liga just look at how many goalscorers go from barely getting 10 here to 20 there. 

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Would love him here but I doubt it happens.  He’s seen how his fellow Spaniard Sandro has been treated, he will stay in Spain.

How he’s he been treated Mark? 

Is there some relevance to his treatment and his nationality that would put off other Spanish players?

41 minutes ago, StevO said:

How he’s he been treated Mark? 

Is there some relevance to his treatment and his nationality that would put off other Spanish players?

Lucky to make the bench.  Unsy barely gave him an inch, one sub appearance if I remember correctly.  Koeman a little more but not much.  

The same sentiment that Pete and others pass along, La Liga is inferior and their players don’t do well in the prem.  See soldado, DI Maria, filipe Luis, Moreno, Valdes, navas, manquillo, etc

Sergio Aguero, Alexis Sanchez, Diego Costa, Cesc Fabregas,  Mesut Ozil, Juan Mata,  David de Gea, Yaya Toure, Toby Alderweireld and David Silva? And more. I don't think you can say La Liga players flop in the PL unless you have a very selective memory. What other league has supplied as many match winners as La Liga for the PL?

On 10/12/2017 at 02:31, markjazzbassist said:

Lucky to make the bench.  Unsy barely gave him an inch, one sub appearance if I remember correctly.  Koeman a little more but not much.  

The same sentiment that Pete and others pass along, La Liga is inferior and their players don’t do well in the prem.  See soldado, DI Maria, filipe Luis, Moreno, Valdes, navas, manquillo, etc

That’s not being treated unfairly, that is managers not having faith in him enough to give him a place in the team. No one has a right to be on the pitch or bench, ragrdless of nationality. 

He started the season getting a game, didn’t do well, got dropped. Exactly as it should be. 

• 7 months later...

Barcelona forward Paco Alcacer is on the radars of Leicester and Everton as the Premier League clubs look to bolster their striking options ahead of the new season, according to Sport. 

Barcelona have set his price at £27m.

sounds like they dragged up the rumor from last year and it's making the rounds again.  i doubt this would ever happen.