IGNORED

Newcastle (Away) Wednesday December 13

markjazzbassist

Just now, Bill said:

I like the look of that team, almost exactly the same as mine, same line up but just one player the difference.  I'd have Lennon for Lookman.

I was thinking about that actually, to give Holgate a bit more cover. But, since Holgate is more defence orientated,  I thought go with Lookman and let the lad play a bit more relaxed rather than having to think about dropping back too much.

10 hours ago, Aidan Lewis said:

Must win game if Sam wants to be taken seriously

Hard to call any away fixture a must win. Wet haven't done it for what 11 months now. 

I agree that it would be a very good sign that we've turned the corner, but Allardyce will be judged on his home form, at least until January when all focus will turn to his transfers.

17 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Hard to call any away fixture a must win. Wet haven't done it for what 11 months now. 

I agree that it would be a very good sign that we've turned the corner, but Allardyce will be judged on his home form, at least until January when all focus will turn to his transfers.

I think Sam has to demand away wins to recently promoted sides. Maybe I'm putting too much pressure on him but this is Everton we need to be winning!

This is not going to be pretty in the slightest. I think Big Sam will again ask the players to keep things tight and if that means sitting deep and not conceding then so be it. I think we will see a more adventurous team 2nd half and if we do sneak a win ( which we should ) it will be an ugly one. 

At this point in time considering how many goals we have let in i don't care how ugly the win. Sam's come in to steady what was and still could be a sinking ship. An ugly draw at the Shite and win tonight, then i hope for a more satisfying win/performance on Monday night.

Sam will never set the world alight with his style of play, but at this moment he is doing a job, dare i say good job. Still unbeaten so i hope tonight this continues with a win and 3 very ugly points on the board.!!!!  

On 12.12.2017 at 18:51, The Fish said:

Geordie in peace here. 

We're not playing well, dunno how anyone can think that. 1 point from a possible 21, 6 losses in 7. 

Not a lot of optimism on Tyneside, understandably. Most hoping that the takeover gets sorted out sharpish and we can spend a bit of money in the January window and buy some actual footballers.

Personally, I'm expecting a poor game decided by the odd game, you've more match winners than us though, so I'd expect yet another loss.

Dunno what team you've been watching, but it isn'ttt Benitez's Newcastle. At best we're pragmatic. We look to allow the opposition to have possession in their half and away from dangerous areas. Then hit back on the counter or take advantage of set pieces. Utter nonsense to suggest that we "mindlessly attack". 

Rooney, Barkley, Sigurdsson, Calvert-Lewin, Klaassen, Lennon, Lookman... yeah, you're bereft of attacking talent. Wanna buy Joselu? 

Hi there, and welcome. Off-topic question - is your user name a Chris Squire reference?

7 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

We'll be more involved tonight. It's still going to be a defensive display agin but we'll have more of the ball and more opportunities to score.

Bash Sam all you want but for the first time in a long time I can look at a game and say that the opposition is going to struggle to score because our defence is getting stronger.

Very true Paul (I assume your name is Paul, dunno why...unless you're just a Tall Paul fan from back in the 90's?!).

We can now feel confident that we will  e tighter at the back. Also, at last, that we will see minimum changes to the starting 11. No tinkering and constant changes. If it ain't broke....!!!

What I'm interested to see is can Allardyce and Co play more expansive football once the basics are in place? I think we'll see it eventually, that's when people may be surprised by Allardyce and Co.