IGNORED

Swansea City (Home) Monday December 18th

markjazzbassist

Home against a relegation zoner, 3 points minimum for me.  I would like to see Big Sam show us some attacking intent as well since we will be home.  5 days between this and Newcastle but the matches come thick and fast after this, possible rotation?  not for me, gotta beat the minnows and get the points, chelsea awaits after and i'm not hoping for much other than a draw there.  Barring a Baines comeback i think it's Cuco with lennon to assist.

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Williams Martina

Gana

Vlasic Rooney Gylfi Lennon

DCL

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Home against a relegation zoner, 3 points minimum for me.  I would like to see Big Sam show us some attacking intent as well since we will be home.  5 days between this and Newcastle but the matches come thick and fast after this, possible rotation?  not for me, gotta beat the minnows and get the points, chelsea awaits after and i'm not hoping for much other than a draw there.  Barring a Baines comeback i think it's Cuco with lennon to assist.

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Williams Martina

Gana

Vlasic Rooney Gylfi Lennon

DCL

Good team but switch Kenny to the other side, bring in Jags, and move Holgate to RB.

Can't ever play again with Martina in the side.

Holgate.      Jagielka.       Williams.      Kenny.

I like the rest of the team.

Sorry Bill, I think Holgate as a CB is vital, he has been winning virtually all of his aerial challenges, and alongside Williams ( who I slated earlier in the season) they've been pretty solid since the West Ham game. I think Holgates speed lets williams relax a bit and brings a better game out of him.

how about Lennon at LB and Vlasic in front of Kenny?

id still play Niasse up top. DCL on the right and Vlasic or Lennon on the left. With Rooney, Niasse and DCL on the pitch we have our top 3 scorers on. 

Niasse only needs 76 minutes to score so far this season. DCL needs 244 minutes and Rooney 147 minutes. (Lookman needs 113 minutes to score but has only scored 2 goals so far. Good to have on the bench)

Id play:

Pickford
Kenny, Holgate, Williams, Martina
Gana
DCL, Rooney, Gylfi, Lennon
Niasse 

12 hours ago, Bill said:

Just saw a press conference where big Sam praised cuco, so from that I gather that he will play there again.

He is a bit like that lad in the u12 side that only ever really got 20-30 minutes because he was crap in order to make him feel better about himself. When he had to play because the team were short of numbers everyone had to try and put their arm around him to make sure he came back next week otherwise the manager would need someone else to put up the nets.

Keep it the same for me. Especially at the back.

Only change I wouldn't mind is Vlasic for Lennon. Kid looks good when he comes on.

Players need to know that they keep their place if they do as they are meant to, otherwise...why?! And those who aren't know they need to step up a level to get a sniff.

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Keep it the same for me. Especially at the back.

Only change I wouldn't mind is Vlasic for Lennon. Kid looks good when he comes on.

Players need to know that they keep their place if they do as they are meant to, otherwise...why?! And those who aren't know they need to step up a level to get a sniff.

Or we could play both of them? :o 

On 14/12/2017 at 08:58, Romey 1878 said:

It is.

We're at home against a side that really is shite, not just under-performing, so I'd bench Schneiderlin (Gana played really well last night) and move Sig centrally.

Can someone else take credit for this idea.

I want to agree, but I don’t want Romey to have the satisfaction of getting it right!

I would like to see us really pressure them at home. Have Siggy in the middle, only one DM and a couple of lacy attacking wingers.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Can someone else take credit for this idea.

I want to agree, but I don’t want Romey to have the satisfaction of getting it right!

I would like to see us really pressure them at home. Have Siggy in the middle, only one DM and a couple of lacy attacking wingers.

You and Newty would make a right pair - he after tight leather and you with the lace :lol: 

In other news - http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/12/15/boss-wants-expansive-but-not-complacent-everton

More than 24 hours ahead of this match, the holiday spirit is not in me.  I’m already pre-disgruntled at the possibility, much less probability, that Allardyce will revert to the Gana-Schneiderlin pairing.  Or some other DM pairing.  Blech.  Just generally we need attackers and goals, especially at Goodison against awful Swansea.

Undoubtedly Gana will get forward plenty, but ineffectually; his “shot” is laughable.  I hope Rooney will play deep, for he will get forward, effectually, and he will also produce a couple of passing gems.  We need actual attackers, of which Gana is not.  For this specific match - home to pathetic Swansea - a single DM, thus allowing an additional starting attacker.

Allardyce’s praise of Martina strikes me as fulsome, so over-the-top, Martinez-like, that I will guess Baines will be out several more weeks, and Allardyce figures he needs to buck up Martina’s confidence.

Pickford

Kenny   Holgate   Williams   Martina

Schneiderlin   Rooney

Lookman      Sigurdsson       Vlasic

DCL             Niasse

Subs from Lennon, Davies, Jagielka, Keane, Besic, Mirallas, Sandro, Bolasie - preferably Davies, Jagielka, Besic because we’re ahead by 3 goals on 70 minutes.

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

....goes to huge effort of in depth pre match analysis and reasoning.

Picks one player too many.

Ha, hard to tell whether I thought we needed the extra to increase our winning odds, or was/am undone by the prospect of Gana/Schneiderlin and Martina.  I’d prefer to leave Martina on bench, but I suppose it’ll have to be a striker.  Leave DCL on bench.