IGNORED

Chelsea (Home) Saturday December 23rd

markjazzbassist

Not looking forward to this one.  Even though it's home i'm expecting the parked bus and hope and pray for a pen or counter attack to materialize for a goal ala the derby.  Lineup unchanged from all his other matches i'm guessing (except davies for morgan)

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Williams Cuco

Gana Davies

Lennon       Rooney         Gylfi

DCL

On 18/12/2017 at 19:28, markjazzbassist said:

Not looking forward to this one.  Even though it's home i'm expecting the parked bus and hope and pray for a pen or counter attack to materialize for a goal ala the derby.  Lineup unchanged from all his other matches i'm guessing (except davies for morgan)

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Williams Cuco

Gana Davies

Lennon       Rooney         Gylfi

DCL

Yep this for me, we have so much more threat when Davies is in the side.

I'll be there for this one :yay: with the father in law so I'm hoping for a good performance and some points for Christmas. 

I would be surprised if Morgan doesn't start. I don' think Chelsea is the game for us to 'open up' with just 1 DM especially when it's Rooney and Davies (ahead of Gana). It would be a different story if we had McCarthy as he has a bit of everything whilst being more disciplined but I doubt he will be risked. 

I'd be confident that we will be keeping it tight before being more open in the 2nd half if we are still in the game. 

They play Bournemouth in je quarter final a few days before they play us and I think we will need them to have tired legs to get anything of this. 

McCarthy played some minutes for U23 hopefully he’s not far off a return but any hope for him contributing anything is pretty much gone

23 hours ago, MikeO said:

Like taking to the field with ten players? Man is currently a liability.

I thought he was playing well enough against Swansea. He was plugging holes and sweeping up ahead of the back 4. 

You just don' need him and Gana in the same side, especially when you want to play in an attacking fashion. You don' want Gana in the final third or playing too many risky passes because he isn't very good at it but you do want him running his arse off in front of the back 4, putting in tackles and Interceptions. It's a similar story with Morgan but he reads the game, puts in tackles, slows the opposition attack but also isn't the player you want in the final third. Neither players are clever with their movement, they aren' particularly comfortable on the half turn and therefore they either go side to side or backwards. If either of them plays in a midfield with Davies and Rooney they will look a far better player, because they can sit and do what they do best and because the other two appreciate space, can see a pass and are comfortable on the turn, they can just ping the ball into them and sit ready for the ball back of needs be.

58 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Respect your opinion but that's not what I saw; and I don't want to see our players playing "well enough" I want to see them playing well.

54 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Schneiderlin was utterly useless. Well enough isn’t even close to what he produced against Swansea. 

I thought he played better than Gana in the first half.

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

They are definitely beatable if we are on it. Be a big test for Kenny against hazard. I’d be happy with a point but think we might edge them out. 2-1 Rooney and Williams 

After that “firm” challenge at Swansea, I can see him leaving his mark on Hazard which would hopefully make him think twice. 

That said, Hazard is one of the best around at the moment and not sure Kenny will get close to him