IGNORED

Rube's Random Ruminations

rubecula

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Palfy said:

When I left school in 75 the Number one for that year was Bye Bye baby baby bye bye by the Bay City Rollers, I never bought it I promise.

But the fact that so many girls were totally besotted while us lads laughed at them made life difficult, you had to pretend you quite liked them while knowing they were largely a bunch of talentless idiots whose recording was was done by session musicians if you wanted to get amongst the talent (my god that's so sexist but I was a kid so forgive me). I remember doing a "personal remix" of Bye bye baby for a party at home and pissing around with the speed (pushing it to 78rpm and dropping to 16); great memories. 

That brought back so many memories of going to school with my mates singing Slade songs and Benny Hill on the way.

Going to Walcott boys club 3 nights a week and started playing football for the under 13s and we nearly all stayed and played for the under 16s great times the 70s.

77 the year I met Mandy I was 17 and she 14 and we are still pissing each other off today, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Well I must say thoroughly enjoyed that, the sounds of my youth and the people around me came flooding back, it always amazes me what the power of music has on your memory bank.