IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion (Away) Tuesday December 26th

markjazzbassist

Well after rotating the back 4 and rooney out id like to see them back.  West brom are in terrible form with pardew and bar Barry they really have little talent.  We should win this and I expect us to.  I hope sam shows just a little more attacking intent and doesn’t just park the bus since we are away.

Pickford

kenny holgate williams cuco

Gana

Lennon      Gylfi  Rooney bolasie

DCL

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Well after rotating the back 4 and rooney out id like to see them back.  West brom are in terrible form with pardew and bar Barry they really have little talent.  We should win this and I expect us to.  I hope sam shows just a little more attacking intent and doesn’t just park the bus since we are away.

Pickford

kenny holgate williams cuco

Gana

Lennon      Gylfi  Rooney bolasie

DCL

Gana won’t be playing for a few weeks I’d guess. I like the line up, but put Morgan in for Gana. 

I’d be very surprised to see Gana in the team at W Brom.  In his postmatch comments Allardyce referred to Gana’s hamstring injury, and talked about what a problem his injury will be over the next 10 days to 2 weeks, with a crowded schedule.  He also said DCL is “dead on his feet,” so I’d guess he will not be on the team, or maybe on the bench.  Probably 50-50 for Rooney, described as having a bad cold.  I’ll guess Allardyce keeps Rooney out again.

Pickford

Kenny    Holgate    Williams     Martina

Schneiderlin

Bolasie         Sigurdsson          Davies

Sandro       Niasse

Subs from Lookman, Lennon, Vlasic,, Keane, Jagielka, Baningime, Robles.  I’d guess Bolasie would get only 45 minutes.  (Mirallas and Besic gone in January?)

Give DCL a rest as he's probably still in bed atm. Swap Williams depending on how big his gut is after his Christmas dinner.             

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Williams Martina 

Schneiderlin 

Lennon Klaassen Davies Sigurdssen 

Rooney 

Rooney to stay in the box and one of Davies, Klaassen, and Sigurdssen to stay close to him as an option and play the ball on the ground. 

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

Give DCL a rest as he's probably still in bed atm. Swap Williams depending on how big his gut is after his Christmas dinner.             

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Williams Martina 

Schneiderlin 

Lennon Klaassen Davies Sigurdssen 

Rooney 

Rooney to stay in the box and one of Davies, Klaassen, and Sigurdssen to stay close to him as an option and play the ball on the ground. 

No I don't like the look of that team, move Davies back alongside Schneiderlin, move Rooney back in place of Klaasen, and DCL up front. I'd also be happy to keep the same back four. Davies and Rooney to push closer to DCL.

Pickford

Kenny.       Keane.      Jagielka.     Martina

Davies.           Schneiderlin

Lennon.           Rooney.          Siggy

Calvert-Lewin

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

From what Sam is saying jags won’t play. Pickford, Kenny, holgate,Keane, coco, benny, Morgan, gilfi, bolaise, Lennon, niasse. 1-2. Gilfi and Keane 

I think he (Jags) must be struggling with something as he hasn't been able to play 2 games in a week all season.

Unless that changes, I wouldnt be surprised if he retires at the end of the season.

Just now, Bailey said:

I think he (Jags) must be struggling with something as he hasn't been able to play 2 games in a week all season.

Unless that changes, I wouldnt be surprised if he retires at the end of the season.

Think he’ll do one more as backup myself. He’s still got it even if he can’t start every week. Allardyce also mentioned he was keeping himself super fit in the post match interview, if I remember correctly

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Think he’ll do one more as backup myself. He’s still got it even if he can’t start every week. Allardyce also mentioned he was keeping himself super fit in the post match interview, if I remember correctly

Yeh normally he is super fit, he is a model professional and that's why I am surprised he cant do back to back games. It suggests there is something niggling him enough that cant be simply cured with straight forward surgery or rest. I might just be reading something that isn'tt there, but its just not like him.

For all slagging off Martina has received in recent weeks he's in everyone's team so far, I would have thought if any of you were one of his critics you would have tried to find a formation that didn't include him at left back being that he's so shit. Be honest how many have dissed him yet picked him.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

For all slagging off Martina has received in recent weeks he's in everyone's team so far, I would have thought if any of you were one of his critics you would have tried to find a formation that didn't include him at left back being that he's so shit. Be honest how many have dissed him yet picked him.

I think the biggest problem is that we don' have anyone else with Baines injured and no further cover at RB with Holgate in the form he is in centrally.

Since the Liverpool game he has been much more solid, and dare I say it, capable. He has still been done too easily especially early in games but I'm not as worried as I was about him in this set up. We still need to be in the market for a better left back though!

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

He's been defensively solid. Said after the Liverpool game if it was Baines you'd give him a 7+ out of 10 as he only give one chance away. Problem was he was doing it every week.

Thought he was excellent defensively yesterday but was poor in possession. He was the player that got the most claps for winning the ball, problem was he then got a groan for fecking up the easy bit straight after. 

I have been a harsh Martina critic, early on because he could/would not use his left foot, and because he missed tackles and allowed opponents easy space for crosses.  He made a variety of mistakes.  He has definitely improved, and I assume he must be spending some serious time on the practice pitch using his left foot, for in the last few matches he has used it occasionally.  I see Allardyce’s praise as partly an understandable attempt to boost his confidence, as we have no other option just now and for a few more weeks.

I think Allardyce has publicly said he does not think we will be buying many players in January.  He has said he hopes to buy a striker and a fullback.  I assume he means a LB.

Should Martina somehow, very unexpectedly, become our first-choice LB the remainder of this season and into the future, I will have to admit to having assumed his initial, obvious flaws could not be corrected.

11 hours ago, Palfy said:

There is no other realistic choice, unlesd you want to mess up the rest ofvthe defense by moving Kenny and Holgate around. His performances are poor and stopping Siggy from getting forward as he has to cover Coco's defensive frailties. Have watched him on the tv and in person and he is very limited. 

Not his fault he is so poor or that we have no other left back, but to think that he is an adequate left back is delusional imho. 

I'm not Martina's biggest fan but he has played well the past couple of games. Against Chelsea he hardly put a foot wrong and made a lot of good challenges.

The only criticism I can give him is he needs to learn to stand off his opponent more often rather than lunging in for the tackle.

Props to him for picking his game up and may it continue and give Baines some solid competition which he is vitaly lacking.

16 hours ago, Aidan Lewis said:

I'm not Martina's biggest fan but he has played well the past couple of games. Against Chelsea he hardly put a foot wrong and made a lot of good challenges.

The only criticism I can give him is he needs to learn to stand off his opponent more often rather than lunging in for the tackle.

Props to him for picking his game up and may it continue and give Baines some solid competition which he is vitaly lacking.

Game of opinions but I and all the people around me at the match thought he was our worst player by some margin. He missed 3 tackles, which limited what we could do that side attacking wise, as other players had to cover him. Positioning was poor, and going forward he offered little. 

On 25/12/2017 at 11:06, London Blue said:

There is no other realistic choice, unlesd you want to mess up the rest ofvthe defense by moving Kenny and Holgate around. His performances are poor and stopping Siggy from getting forward as he has to cover Coco's defensive frailties. Have watched him on the tv and in person and he is very limited. 

Not his fault he is so poor or that we have no other left back, but to think that he is an adequate left back is delusional imho. 

No I don't think he's good enough my point being that most of his critics have selected him in the team they think we should be playing against West Brom even though they have done nothing but slag the guy off, obviously he's gonna play Allardyce thinks there is no other option and that he's done well for a make shift LB and so do I, but for all of you who thinks he's shit or our worse player come up with something different that eliminates him or stop moaning even though you have picked him.

That position after a striker is critical to be filled Baines is done wouldn't keep him as number 2 now, for me Cuco would be better and he can play on the other side so more versatile.

37 minutes ago, Palfy said:

No I don't think he's good enough my point being that most of his critics have selected him in the team they think we should be playing against West Brom even though they have done nothing but slag the guy off, obviously he's gonna play Allardyce thinks there is no other option and that he's done well for a make shift LB and so do I, but for all of you who thinks he's shit or our worse player come up with something different that eliminates him or stop moaning even though you have picked him.

That position after a striker is critical to be filled Baines is done wouldn't keep him as number 2 now, for me Cuco would be better and he can play on the other side so more versatile.

Agreed we are stuck with him until a replacement is brought in.

I'm quite looking forward to see us play without Gana I personally think we will see a quicker tempo to our game going forward, also I believe Schneiderlin will come into his own and give a more stronger and positive performance, I know I've not been a fan of Gana but the next couple of games for me could prove me right or wrong and if we are a poorer team without him I will say so.

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

It will be Morgan's time to shine. Expecting Tom Davies to have a big impact on the game.

I would like to see Lookman and Vlasic given some game time as I hope we will be doing most of the attacking.

You may get what your looking for Allardyce has said he needs to see what the fringe players have to offer and both you mentioned are worthy of some games, young guns with bags of quality they are the future with the right coaching and opportunities, and surely today is one of those opportunities.

20 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I'm quite looking forward to see us play without Gana I personally think we will see a quicker tempo to our game going forward, also I believe Schneiderlin will come into his own and give a more stronger and positive performance, I know I've not been a fan of Gana but the next couple of games for me could prove me right or wrong and if we are a poorer team without him I will say so.

I don’t think we will miss him the next few games. Not because he is a poor player, but because he isnt needed against the quality of opposition we are playing.

We have Davies that can easily step into that position and do a good job. Might be an opportunity for Klaassen off the bench?