IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth (Away) Saturday December 30th

markjazzbassist

For all the promise Eddie has (include my 7th place prediction for them :rofl:) they just aren’t doing well this year.  I haven’t watched enough of them to know if it’s the players or Howe or a combo of both (likely).  Regardless they are in a relegation battle and we are in a European spot battle, should be a win.  Sit back and counter so I’m going 343 with pace in the front line to counter.

Pickford

Holgate    Williams keane

kenny  Gana Schneiderlin lennon

bolasie         Niasse           Vlasic

Bournemouth are a team which I believe will be in the premier league for seasons to come. Credit where credit is due Eddie Howe and the players have been fantastic these past few seasons. 

They're struggling lately and I expect us to go for the jugular. Would like to see some semi rotation for this game. 

Pickford 

Kenny Holgate Jags Martina

Morgan Rooney 

Lennon siggy Lookman

DCL

On 25/12/2017 at 17:52, Aidan Lewis said:

Bournemouth are a team which I believe will be in the premier league for seasons to come. Credit where credit is due Eddie Howe and the players have been fantastic these past few seasons. 

They're struggling lately and I expect us to go for the jugular. Would like to see some semi rotation for this game. 

Pickford 

Morgan Rooney 

Lennon siggy Lookman

DCL

Sensible a straight back four

On 12/25/2017 at 12:52, Aidan Lewis said:

Pickford 

Morgan Rooney 

Lennon siggy Lookman

DCL

We played ultra defensive against West Brom so I don’t see any hope of being less so in this game. Rooney will be back (in place of Bolasie?), otherwise no change. 

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Williams Cuco

Beningime Schneiderlin Rooney

Lennon DCL Gylfi

Schneiderlin to sit in front of back four and Rooney and Beningime to hopefully put could balls through to a the front three with Rooney given the role of getting forward when possible, and Lennon or Gylfi at different times to try and get closer to DCL to try and interact and not leave him completely isolated.

I think Vlasic is being kept out of the firing line a bit. He has has a habit of giving away cheap balls in dangerous areas for us, and at the moment we’re on a confidence building run. 

The manager is trying to manage Vlasic well by using him when we need him, or when it’s safe to. I’m sure we’ll see more of him when he is more used to this league.

I don’t thonk we’ll see much more of Besic unfortunately. He’s just not adapted very well... through no fault of his own, more down to injury’s etc.

23 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I think Vlasic is being kept out of the firing line a bit. He has has a habit of giving away cheap balls in dangerous areas for us, and at the moment we’re on a confidence building run. 

The manager is trying to manage Vlasic well by using him when we need him, or when it’s safe to. I’m sure we’ll see more of him when he is more used to this league.

I don’t thonk we’ll see much more of Besic unfortunately. He’s just not adapted very well... through no fault of his own, more down to injury’s etc.

But Gana still gets selected. ;)

I would like to see : ( never going to happen ).

Pickford

Kenny      Keane    Williams  Cuco

Schneiderlin

Lennon     Gylfi     Rooney    Lookman

DCL

i have even included Cuco so it must be Christmas. 

On 12/28/2017 at 08:57, TallPaul1878 said:

This is a more winnable game than the West Brom one, bare with me here, as Bournemouth will likely try to play expansive football at home to entertain their fans.

This is where Eddie Howe shows his naïvity. You can't play expansive entertaining football if your team isn'ttt good enough. We'll go there play miserable football and win by a goal against the run of play.

Eventually Bournemouth will go down. You either play pragmatic football and stay up or you play cavalier and eventually you get relegated. Take your pick.

You think Everton's squad is good enough to mix it with the big boys? Without Baines, Barkley, Coleman and Lukaku this squad is garbage.

This. 

Will be much easier to nick a few goals against them. West Brom are tough to score on when they set up to play like yard dogs.

5 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Really?? Bournemouth are struggling and we've turned the corner with regards to losing games.

Big Sam knows it's all about scoring the first goal. With Bournemouth being where they are in the league we know that by scoring the first goal we can put them under serious pressure, it changes the way they have to play.

Bournemouth are still putting in the performances but aren' converting their chances. They created 20 odd chances against West Ham.

This game is anything but about the first goal. If they score it we can still easily get back in the game and beat them as we will get chances. If we score, they still play good enough football that they will create at least 2 or 3 good chances. 

If we play like we did against West Brom we will lose.

I am really excited about today. I think it’s going to be an exciting game with a few goals. 

Lets end this miserable year with something to give us a bit of hope.

A good 3-0 win with Siggy hitting one, Rooney adding the second and Kenny ending an excellent year for him with a Coleman esc drive! Give potential new signings something to think about.

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

The emergence of Jonjo Kenny has eased my worries about replacing Coleman, it'd be fitting for him to end 2017 with a net buster today.

It would be very well deserved.

My team:

Pickford

Kenny       Holgate    Keane    Coco (no other choice!)

Morgan

Vlasic        Davies   Siggy    Lookman

DCL

Bournemouth are there for the taking, IF we try to attack.