IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

I really really REALLT hope he comes good - his first nterviews and the way he comes across make me think he’s going to love playing for us and he’s going to love the club and sweat blood for us. 

Just a feels ng I get about him- he’s going to hate Liverpool as well.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Going to be interesting in Greece this year, virtually everyone I know over there is an Olympiakos fan so they've had a soft spot for Everton while Kev was here but equally they all hate Turks:lol:.

It'll make for some lively conversations.

With a passion I remember about 20 years ago going to Kos with some friends and their kids, our friends decided to book a boat trip to Bodrum and were discussing it with us at our hotel over dinner the waiters somehow got involved in the conversation and where quite vocal against them going there, I initially thought it was banter until the following evening when they were asked if they went when they confirmed they had the atmosphere wasn't good and the service to our table went downhill rapidly from then on.

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

With a passion I remember about 20 years ago going to Kos with some friends and their kids, our friends decided to book a boat trip to Bodrum and were discussing it with us at our hotel over dinner the waiters somehow got involved in the conversation and where quite vocal against them going there, I initially thought it was banter until the following evening when they were asked if they went when they confirmed they had the atmosphere wasn't good and the service to our table went downhill rapidly from then on.

Went to Kos in the mid eighties and a trip across the water was out of the question. At the nearest point to Turkey just north of Kos Town there was actually a military presence.

They're not the best of friends; I've visited a spot on Zakynthos (more than once) where supposedly Dionysius Solomos wrote the Greek national anthem while listening to the big Turkish guns destroying mainland towns.

5 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

Oh thank Christ for this :lol: 

I was worried he had a poor first touch and low work rate. 

:)

During the gameplay, he usually does the right thing with the ball. Here you can see Turkish league highlights and have a better idea about his former team/setup/how they use him. "hafta" means week and you can select different matches from there. (watch 2016/2017 as well)  

http://tr.beinsports.com/mac-ozetleri/super-lig

(Warning: Don't watch Fenerbahçe highlights, they're boring to watch :) )

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I love the way he talks the totally believe he has in his own ability is captivating he sounds like the real deal the striker we've been waiting for, hope he starts Saturday Spurs could be in for a big shock.

i've realized you want the Zlatan-esque confidence in a striker where they believe they are the best in the world and will always score because, well, they are the best!  why wouldn't they!?

if you don't you end up with Jelavic who was so hot and cold and you could tell he was never super confident in his abilities.  once they hit that dry patch it's over because what little confidence they had is shot.

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i've realized you want the Zlatan-esque confidence in a striker where they believe they are the best in the world and will always score because, well, they are the best!  why wouldn't they!?

if you don't you end up with Jelavic who was so hot and cold and you could tell he was never super confident in his abilities.  once they hit that dry patch it's over because what little confidence they had is shot.

To right mate, and hopefully a lot of his energy and believe rubs off on the rest of the squad and the fans, we've got the players the ability and the best fans in the world, we've temporarily lost a bit of our believe, no pressure Tosun but crack on.