IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

5 minutes ago, Haiku said:

But the papers say both clubs agreed the fee. It's that Besiktas want the money in full and Everton are willing to spread the fee in installments.

then leak a story about how we've agreed a fee with some dutch striker or something and they are willing to accept in installments, i'm sure they'll meet halfway and call it done.  happens every window.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

then leak a story about how we've agreed a fee with some dutch striker or something and they are willing to accept in installments, i'm sure they'll meet halfway and call it done.  happens every window.

If it's not to violate Financial Fair Play, I can see where Besiktas is coming from.

6 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Or they will let us sign the Dutch and sell Tosun to Liverpool instead. :D

11 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

If it's not to violate Financial Fair Play, I can see where Besiktas is coming from.

frankly i think FIFA should mandate all transfers you pay 100% upfront, especially when in smaller countries and leagues payments go missing or aren't fulfilled.  they just released some new laws trying to make it better for players to get paid (some leagues payments are delayed/never arrive) in their regular salaries.

7 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Or they will let us sign the Dutch and sell Tosun to Liverpool instead. :D

:rofl:

Most of what we have read is just the usual tabloid guess work.

Have Besiktas agreed a few?

Has Cenk agreed terms?

Are we still in negotiations and when did they start?

We would have all liked it to be signed and sealed on Jan1st, but to be fair I only saw one go over the line that day in the premier league... we are not alone.

7 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

frankly i think FIFA should mandate all transfers you pay 100% upfront, especially when in smaller countries and leagues payments go missing or aren't fulfilled.  they just released some new laws trying to make it better for players to get paid (some leagues payments are delayed/never arrive) in their regular salaries.

:rofl:

Wonder what the consequences of this would be - hopefully it would deflate some of the fees being paid out. 

Per my earlier statement - this is the problem. Football is now and international business which means you are subject to the ease or non-ease of doing business in countries with lesser accounting standards and more unstable finance than say France, England, Germany. It's so fickle because you don't know who owns half of football clubs now adays, the source of their wealth, their debt levels and financial stability (Counterparty creditworthiness... I'm guessing somebody who sold a player to Portsmouth in 2009 with installment payments didn't see much of the agreed fee). 

... And that's before you get to the corruption of some of the characters who are football investors, especially in places like China and Russia. Not to mention English clubs who now have taken on rather sketchy owners - Leyton Orient with the Italian gentleman, Evangelos Marinakis at Forest (Has been accused of match-fixing, his wealth is tied to shipping, a notoriously non-transparent industry where not paying taxes is the standard way of doing business by registering one's ships in the Marshall Islands, Bahams, Panama, etc - not saying maximizing one's corporate or personal income taxes makes sense either), Carsen Yeung at Birmingham. Abramovich's wealth comes from his close ties to Putin as he was one of the oligarchs who made out like bandits during post-Soviet privatization (friends of Russian politicians bought valuable state owned companies for pennies on the dollar)

The business of football is a mess and not very transparent, which gives me great sympathy to FIFA and what Financial Fair Play is trying to do, but I also think it has so many provisions that protect the megaclubs and make it impossible for anyone to catch up.

...and this is exclusive of good-willed owners who just ran clubs into the ground through incompetence (Ellis Short at Sunderland, Lerner at Villa, Venkys at Blackburn)

Additional info on this:

Besiktas chairman Fikret Orman has just returned from South Africa, it was a family trip and most likely he didn't care about anything else during the trip. He is back now and finalized Domagoj Vida transfer also stated that his board were running the negotiations on behalf of him so far but he is now back in business and will lead the transfer talks regarding Cenk Tosun.

He also indicated that there is a 35m. (i think in euro) offer from China but he is not taking it seriously as Cenk doesn't want to go China and wants to play in a better league than Chinese League but Everton needs to higher the price a little bit more (no amount mentioned in this statement so still Everton's offer is not clear) and for Cenk's sake Besiktas is also ready to make some sacrifices.

From what i understand, whatever price has been offered by Everton is a bit low for Besiktas and the chairman says "step a bit forward and we'll also come closer to you to meet in a common ground".

P.S.: There is another story circulating which indicates RB Leipzig offered 28 m. euros for Cenk, they want him at the end of the season but they are up to finalize the transfer now. Also AS Rome and Valencia mentioned as they are monitoring his situation.

If they’ve agreed a fee and Besiktas have moved the goal

posts then we should walk away- not for a minute am I buying his board were doing the negotiations and now he’s come back they had undervalued him and not a chance a Chinese club offered that for him as they are taxed which means they’d pay close to 70 million for him.

I’m not even arsed if we don’t get him tbh- if a fee was agreed and now they want more tell them to fuck off. The seasons a write off anyway, we should stay up now so we can buy a new striker in the summer.

48 minutes ago, Paddock said:

posts then we should walk away- not for a minute am I buying his board were doing the negotiations and now he’s come back they had undervalued him and not a chance a Chinese club offered that for him as they are taxed which means they’d pay close to 70 million for him.

I’m not even arsed if we don’t get him tbh- if a fee was agreed and now they want more tell them to fuck off. The seasons a write off anyway, we should stay up now so we can buy a new striker in the summer.

I agree Pad fuck em this is the classic problem when buying in January the selling clubs think they hold all cards because buying clubs are desperate, well Everton aren't so fuck you.

2 hours ago, Paddock said:

Totally agree Pad.

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Let’s just not let this get like the Sigurdsson deal. If the fee keeps going up just walk away. I’d rather that than pay waaaaay over the odds. 

If it was Aubameyang or a Costa I would be screaming for them to just do whatever it takes but not for an unproven player from the Turkish league who’s netted a few cl goals this season.

5 hours ago, Sir McGiven said:

ok, i am informing the club at the moment. we are sending cenk to you for free + we will pay 10 m. pound for you to sign him immediately.

this is called "negotiation", either you can take it or leave. same rule, same standarts everywhere, you can not insult anyone on this.

• premier league is way way better than turkish league, it is a fact.
  • everton has better history than besiktas, it is a fact.
  • everton's history is older and better than besiktas, it is a fact.
  • if you put everton in turkish league for a season, they will be heaviest title contender easily.

but this doesn't effects the negotiations. let's check other facts;

• besiktas is in reluctant seller position.
  • everton desperately needs a proper striker, lukaku still hasn't been replaced yet. it can be cenk or someone else, doesn't matter at this stage.
  • besiktas playing in the CL and surprisingly reached to the next stage. we'll play with bayern munich, chances are low but lower if cenk leaves. that's the reason of being reluctant seller. if besiktas rejects the final offer and cenk keeps playing for besiktas we can be knocked-out against bayern but we can still sell him for at least 20m. in the summer transfer window. but if we face another surprise and somehow besiktas knocks-out bayern and if cenk scores in this match-up, what happens? what do you think?
  • cenk is besiktas fan since childhood and leaving for his dream league or keep playing for his fav. team doesn't matter for him at the moment, according to his comments. still, he wants to play in PL if besiktas wants to sell him for the club's benefit. the most important point here, "if besiktas wants to sell him". so it is not going to be a story like "cenk wants out and angry as besiktas refused to sell him"
  • as soon as the transfer confirmed, he will be the most expensive turkish player and club will receive a massive amount for a turkish club. it will help our current financial status. at this stage, trying to get more is legit. google: profit maximization.

no need to be a butt hurt racist. it is a business, it goes through many negotiations. everyone playing their cards. it will be done or not eventually.

still hoping everton to sign him for his sake. he always has been good for us, performed whenever we needed his service. he is 26 years old and time to take himself to the next level.

I can't help but read this with the Rafa Benitez accent :huh:

13 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Great news if true.

I think this is a Walsh signing so be interesting to see how he performs.

major turkish newspapers has also started to say "it is done" and changed their website headlines just right now, looks like it is a done deal now. take good care of him. he was great servant for us and may do the same for you.

also our manager has declared that he is gone and they are considering their options on cenk's replacement.

25 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

major turkish newspapers has also started to say "it is done" and changed their website headlines just right now, looks like it is a done deal now. take good care of him. he was great servant for us and may do the same for you.

also our manager has declared that he is gone and they are considering their options on cenk's replacement.

Can we interest you in Oumar Niasse lol he's a proven goalscorer in the Turkish league.

Very worried about this deal, has only 8 goals this season in all comps, less than Rooney. he is 6 behind gomis who was with swansea and crap.

Its a lot of money for someone we have never heard of, and no one on ssn has heard of so they have no opinions of the lad.

Also why did we pay so much no one else appeared to be interested apart from an unnamed side from china.

I hope im wrong about this, but everyone wants a striker now so why Everton, its not like a 5mil gamble.

If it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck i hope its not a Turkey.