IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

16 minutes ago, seve said:

Very worried about this deal, has only 8 goals this season in all comps, less than Rooney. he is 6 behind gomis who was with swansea and crap.

Its a lot of money for someone we have never heard of, and no one on ssn has heard of so they have no opinions of the lad.

Also why did we pay so much no one else appeared to be interested apart from an unnamed side from china.

I hope im wrong about this, but everyone wants a striker now so why Everton, its not like a 5mil gamble.

If it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck i hope its not a Turkey.

Is it a lot of money in this Market? I'm not convinced.

A couple of years ago this is a £8m-£12m transfer. Try think of it that way.

I'd heard of him, not a lot mind but I remember him playing against England for Turkey and Shearer raving about him.

Going by news reports from last year Spurs, Newcastle, Palace and us was all looking at him.

1 hour ago, jofanon said:

The other non-Cenk rumours seemed to have died a death.  I wonder if we are able only to work on one deal at a time.

We really are a shambles.

Employ me please Everton - seriously I could sort this crap out and build a proper management team

I think this has been our problem in the past. Working on too many potential signings at the same time, rather than get one over the line, then move onto the next one.

Scouts should be doing their job, and then stepping aside for Walsh and his team to go in and thrash out the deal.

58 minutes ago, aaron said:

I'd heard of him, not a lot mind but I remember him playing against England for Turkey and Shearer raving about him.

Going by news reports from last year Spurs, Newcastle, Palace and us was all looking at him.

A couple of years ago, EVERY transfer was -5/10million less, as the wonga in our league has increased so have all prices especially incoming to the premiership, looks like he's coming in so I for 1 wish him all the best and if he scores a goal like the last 1 in the champs league I might add (link below) against the shite tomorrow at the Norwegian Kop Bell end, well a legend would be born: http://turkish-football.com/who-is-everton-record-25m-signing-cenk-tosun-the-new-bull-of-the-merseyside

Great write up BTW #fingerscrossed

Edited by drs72
spellings

1 hour ago, aaron said:

I hear what you say, so where are spurs, Newcastle, and palace now hes for sale?

If its just inflation does that mean he is a niasse standard player.

Haha imagine if he didn’t have a first touch!

It would be the spiritual successor to Lukaku then!

I really hope he is as good as the Turkish fans are saying and the you tube vids suggest. We are desperate for a focus up top, and he could be the player we have been waiting for. 

They say he is a team player and a hard working player. He is said to focus on improving himself as well, so doesn’t sound like a Prima Donna!

But please guys, and girls (we got any girls on board other than ***? ) let’s give him time to settle and adjust before we slaughter him!

11 minutes ago, barryj said:

A seasoned toffeetalk poster like you should know better! If he doesn’t bag a hat trick coming off the bench in his first game, then I want him loaned out and locker given to someone else. 

That’s what I meant, give him time....20 mins should do the trick haha!

14 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Joking aren't ya... some right trigger happy sods on here. 

Only need to look at some of the threads over the years like Barry, McCarthy, naismith, pienaar etc. 

I was actually, but wouldn't it be great to have all those you mentioned back here again in their prime.

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I was actually, but wouldn't it be great to have all those you mentioned back here again in their prime.

I like to give players a chance but unfortunately we don' seem to have had much luck with our signings of late on the whole. 

25 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I like to give players a chance but unfortunately we don' seem to have had much luck with our signings of late on the whole. 

We haven't but as individuals they are all quite decent players, we've seen what Gylfi can do, we watched clips of what Sandro and Klaassen are capable of doing but for some reason they haven't gelled or preformed for us but it is in them we need to find away of getting it out of them.