IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

19 hours ago, tanora said:

I thought you might be interested in what's being talked about Cenk & Everton in Turkey.

Here's one of the rare sane Turkish tv sport shows broadcasted (others are mostly crap), they talk about pre-determined subjects in a limited time. 

The one with the weird head band is thought as one of the best european football experts here and the fat one is indeed a basketball commentator but he talks about football too. Anyway,

Weird guy: X

Other one: Y

X: ".... ok, my turn for question then, can Cenk -who started in bench in his 3rd game- return to starting lineup again?"

Y: "I think yes, I think he's their best striker. But there's one thing -not spesifically for Cenk- if a player goes to another team and league, he may need some time to adapt. I'm not saying this is a must but this can happen. Some players adapt directly...

X: "Thierry Henry for example. But Alexander Lacazette still struggles..."

Y: "Moreover, Everton has serious problems about feeding the strikers. They pretty much play alone. You need to carry the ball up front, I get it but they expect him to be like Milan's Shevchenko, who was starting dribbling from middle of the pitch. Team needs to get used to play with him, he needs to get used to play with the others. Its only the 3rd matchday..."

X: "You know what's worse? If your manager is Sam Allerdyce, it's too hard to adapt him. I would have never adapted him if I was playing in his team. I'd go crazy. First game for example (mentioning Tottenham), for making Rooney play as playmaker, he put Sigurdsson -who always scores against Turkey- to left flank. What can he do in left wing? Tottehham couldn't make him play there, he went back to Swansea, played in his original position, did well and Everton bought him. Just make him play in his original position. 

Its really hard to understand Allerdyce, I talked to Cenk while the rumours were going on, I told him  "there's a young left winger there, Lookman, you'll be a perfect duo" and he sent Lookman to Leipzig. To Leipzig! I'll go crazy!!! Leipzig probably said "oh, another Bruma, let's buy him" and Sam probably looked at Lookman's stats in winning air balls/heading and said "meh". Those damn statistics! 

Y: "I would never sell a player to Leipzig. If they want to buy, he's probably way better than I think and I would never sell."

.....(unrelated)

Y: "its still to soon to talk"

X: "Cenk will do it eventually as he's very hardworking. No worries. Sam will go and Cenk will stay."

Y: "Yea, just give him some time and he will be ok."

Thats hilarious... that just shows Allardyce's reputation around the world is the same as it is here!

2 hours ago, Aidan Lewis said:

Thats good to read, he is a fighter!

i just know the minute he gets some decent time he will score.  it's a niasse situation all over again.  the dude is working his ass off, all the Turks on here said he only gets more motivated by brushing him aside, he is literally salivating to get some time and score.  we all saw he has the attributes, we just need a manger who will give him a shot.

25 minutes ago, Shukes said:

We’re doing it again, we even all said we wouldn’t. Give him time for God’s sake haha!

He is training but isn’t up to speed yet. It might take a few weeks, maybe months, but he needs time. Not many players come from other leagues and hit the ground running. Let him get used to the pace of training.... which even in his own words, it’s a lot faster than he is used to. Then let’s see him in the pitch and judge him then.

This is normal in any team. I think our management is shit, but this is just another excuse to beat them. It’s normal in any team and any league.

A normal team wouldn't be crying out for a striker and sign one who needs a few months to be ready shukes :beer:

We pulled him out of the Champions league to put him on our bench. I'm sure Cenk is not happy and probably regrets the time he left Besiktas. The lad is striving for action and our club is risking another expensive flop by trashing his confidence. Yes, he probably needs time to settle in, but on the pitch! Absolutely bad attitude from our side.

Is no one else reading these rumours? I keep reading that he is having trouble with the pace in training, some even saying the effort isn’t there yet.

Ok Niasse, DCL or any other player. Put the effort in and work hard... and I’ll still give Cenk minutes because he played in the CL and is new. Excellent excellent tactics there, just brilliant... could even call it pioneering.

This is why we should give him and the club time. If he isn’t up to the speed yet, it won’t do him any good to throw him on and risk ruining him. 

By Cenks own comments, he is not used to the pace of training... not match speed, but training. He needs a few weeks to get himself up to speed and ready for the next step... which is game time. This is the premier league, a league where many injury’s are caused by players not being ready for the match. If you are struggling in training, it’s not going to get easier in a match. Training comes first.

I mean, I can’t stand Sam being our manager, but again... Cenk says he has a great relationship with him and that he is being helped by him... not rumours, not a friend in the know... but straight out of Cenks mouth.

Give it time! We have destroyed many players by not giving them time. Many don’t manage to recover.

I think he is trying to be on the safe side and not criticising his manager early before jumping in Sam's haters' bandwagon lol. Jokes aside, he was playing for an attack-minded team and it has changed so far.

He was getting passes through middle and wings, non-stop feed, even against stronger sides. He was always there and ready to get passes in the position. Current Everton tactic is quite different and to be honest, Niasse fits better than him except his inability of finishing. I think that's the point where he needs to improve his abilities before it is too late or Sam decides to try out 2 strikers up front. (It is sucks to see this grand old team with this kind of defensive mentality tho, personal opinion)

What I would love to see at least next year, more attack-minded Everton with additions on LB and ML/AML and Gylfi in the middle instead of the left wing. Tosun or Niasse up front. (well, of course, I would prefer Cenk. ha!)

15 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

I think that's the point where he needs to improve his abilities before it is too late or Sam decides to try out 2 strikers up front. (It is sucks to see this grand old team with this kind of defensive mentality tho, personal opinion)

I dream about us having two strikers every night (actually I don't because my dreams are much weirder than that, you don't want to know:unsure:); but why the hell not? We've had an isolated front man, whoever it may have been, for far too long.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

It will come, just give him time.

What concerns me is that, for Niasse, that time was over 12 months.

I get that the lad needs time to reach the speed/fitness level of the Premier League, but bring him on as a sub after 80 minutes instead of DC-L - or alternate them as subs. Giving Cenk splinters for 90 minutes every week is simply not right.

8 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

What concerns me is that, for Niasse, that time was over 12 months.

I get that the lad needs time to reach the speed/fitness level of the Premier League, but bring him on as a sub after 80 minutes instead of DC-L - or alternate them as subs. Giving Cenk splinters for 90 minutes every week is simply not right.

That was under Koeman. I wouldn't tar Allardyce with the same brush.

13 hours ago, Sir McGiven said:

Not because I am a Turk who ended up here because of Cenk, Sam's behavior has been unbelievable so far. You like it or not, he was a CL class striker for Besiktas, an underdog team, that secured his place as an unbeaten side through the group stage. Cenk and Anderson Talisca were the main reason for that success. He has already proven himself for many and will try to do the same thing for you.

I do understand and many times underlined that in my previous comments, PL is not like any other league but keeping him on the bench like he wasn't able to do something and like it was all his fault, is discouraging.

Sorry, my friends. I do understand as well under the current circumstances you are a little bit impatient but if you were expecting any immediate impact, Sam or Walsh shouldn't have risked it and they should have signed an Agüero-like player from somewhere else. Without having proper chances, these judgments I see around are boggling my mind. Rumours, sources, friends of friends saying some stuff are not proper arguments.

We are talking about a league where many other talented strikers, even better strikers than Cenk, struggled. Sheva for example and many other unexpected players did more than what expected from them.

Also, there was, is and will be no guarantee that he will be successful. He can fail to show what is expected from him even after proper chances he'll get but until that time, be more realistic. It is easy to destroy one's will to succeed with this kind of attitude.

He’s not a CL class striker though he’s a striker who is playing in the CL with Besiktas. Yes he scored a few goals which is great but he would never get a game for any of the CL power houses. Fact is the Turkish league is like our 1st division and the lad is struggling to keep up in training which tells you he’s not class. He will get up to speed though but he’s not as good as you think he is mate. 

1 minute ago, Paddock said:

He’s not a CL class striker though he’s a striker who is playing in the CL with Besiktas. Yes he scored a few goals which is great but he would never get a game for any of the CL power houses. Fact is the Turkish league is like our 1st division and the lad is struggling to keep up in training which tells you he’s not class. He will get up to speed though but he’s not as good as you think he is mate. 

He also maybe much better than you think. He’s had no really opportunity to prove himself either way 

Another signing that we need to question Walsh about IMO.

Not because I think Tosun is shite but because we needed to get a striker in that could hit the ground running due of the position we found ourselves in, not a striker that needed to bed in and would be unable to contribute. What the hell was the bloke doing for months?!

If it'd have been a summer signing then I could understand it - you can give them pre-season and the first couple of months to get used to things. But a January signing like this one is made for the impact they can have in the final stretch of the season.