Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

He's more than capable of bringing others into play during a counter attack.

Silva has been playing with a double Pivot - its essential we get a big lad up front.

If we were to sign him in Jan he would suffice for at least the next season and a half seasons as a starter - which gives us plenty of time to look for his replacement.

Not exactly disagreeing with you, but I don't like signing players as stopgaps. And usually counter-attacks are quick and decisive. I don't think giroud fits that, however, I'll be honest and say I don't watch him too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sibdane said:

Not exactly disagreeing with you, but I don't like signing players as stopgaps. And usually counter-attacks are quick and decisive. I don't think giroud fits that, however, I'll be honest and say I don't watch him too much.

I'd rather have a stop gap than no striker at all! haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aidan said:

Wonder if he has been left out of the squad because there is a move going on behind the scenes?

Could be he's made every squad bar the last two, and started five games, if he is off I'd rather a sale than a loan we've got far too many players out on loan, we need to start shifting a few to get some much needed capital back, if they all turned back up next season we wouldn't be able to afford the food bill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Could be he's made every squad bar the last two, and started five games, if he is off I'd rather a sale than a loan we've got far too many players out on loan, we need to start shifting a few to get some much needed capital back, if they all turned back up next season we wouldn't be able to afford the food bill.

If it is the case then surly someone would be coming in? We can't go the rest of the season with Richy, DCL and Niasse up front!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Aidan said:

If it is the case then surly someone would be coming in? We can't go the rest of the season with Richy, DCL and Niasse up front!

I think Silva dispelled that when he said he was tired of hearing we need a striker, and then made a reference to Richarlison and the fact we needed to strengthen other areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Palfy said:

I think Silva dispelled that when he said he was tired of hearing we need a striker, and then made a reference to Richarlison and the fact we needed to strengthen other areas.

Yeah that's what I thought. He may think we might not need a striker in January which is understandable - but allowing one to leave isn'tt a good move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Yeah that's what I thought. He may think we might not need a striker in January which is understandable - but allowing one to leave isn'ttt a good move.

Your right if one leaves it's a completely different outlook, but we are still in the phase of Marcel being tasked by Moshiri to trim the squad, in a trimmed squad of a figure I think I saw mentioned of about 28-30 is not 4 strikers one to many, I don't know but when you look at the 4 we haven't got one who's prolific or who you would be thinking someone is coming in for him, for a team that wants to go places I find that quite worrying when we had Lukaku like him or not you knew you were going to struggle to keep him because others wanted him.

So in away I suppose I am saying we need a proven goal scorer in and Tosun and Niasse to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sibdane said:

Not exactly disagreeing with you, but I don't like signing players as stopgaps. And usually counter-attacks are quick and decisive. I don't think giroud fits that, however, I'll be honest and say I don't watch him too much.

In the World Cup he managed just fine on the counter attack with a load of rapid young lads around him. He won’t come here and Chelsea won’t sell him anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Cenk had the chance to settle in. Keane was shit through the whole last season, but played week in week out. He's ok now. Cenk had a mixed half season and is frozen now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not sure why Cenk has dropped so far off the radar.

Personally I like him.  Im not sure where the obsession with pace has come from - we have lots of that elsewhere in the squad.  Hes at least as fast as Harry Kane...

He works hard, good finisher, offers an aerial threat, holds the ball up...

He's been here 5 minutes and been messed around since day 1.  Give him a chance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Haiku said:

I don't think Cenk had the chance to settle in. Keane was shit through the whole last season, but played week in week out. He's ok now. Cenk had a mixed half season and is frozen now. 

Wrong place, wrong time. Unfortunate for Cenk as he has ability in him and will score goals wherever he goes - but that place wont be here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I think he will get goals with the right service. If fat Sam was still here he would bag as he would have loads of long balls crosse etc he needs wingers 

We play with wingers and our stats up to Liverpool game had us as one of the top teams for getting crosses into the box, and he started 4-5 of them games. I had high hopes for him but this league is just step to high for him, we have imo a lot of Europe if not the world's better defenders playing in this league hence why so many strikers fail, and the unfortunate thing is we seem to buy them Niasse Sandro Tosun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

We don’t play with wingers. Charley ain’t a winger neither is Walcott. 

Fifa or football manager? Can’t sense from here which one you’re spending too much time playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We play 433 now, we did under Koeman too. If you ask Ronald or Marco they will tell you the same. 

The difference is what the players are told to do with and without the ball. The formation is still the same. But now we have bollocks like 4231 being talked about. It’s eothwr 451 or 433 depending on how the game is being played. At best you could argue we play 424. 

Moyes played 451, but tried to tell us it was 442 (Cahill as a striker) to sound more attacking from time to time. All makes no difference. The difference is what you ask of the players on the pitch, not to formation. 

Even now, Gana is a defensive midfielder. He tend to play a lot of the game infront of Gomes as we want him tackling higher up the field. He’s still a defensive midfielder, we just want someone winning the ball higher up. 

Tactics 101 is over haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The club really need to stop loaning and start selling. I know it is easier said than done but this is getting rediculouse now.

If Cenk goes and Charly and DCL have injuries what on earth are we going to do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Aidan said:

The club really need to stop loaning and start selling. I know it is easier said than done but this is getting rediculouse now.

If Cenk goes and Charly and DCL have injuries what on earth are we going to do?

Bolasie. Tbf he's a step up from Niasse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Probably palace, they probably only offered half of what we paid 

" Tosun has fallen down the pecking order at Goodison but the Blues will only listen to offer to buy the striker. "

Sounds as if they want him on loan, but we want cash for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aidan said:

" Tosun has fallen down the pecking order at Goodison but the Blues will only listen to offer to buy the striker. "

Sounds as if they want him on loan, but we want cash for him.

i'm fine with that, the loans out need to stop we need to get rid permanently now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aidan said:

" Tosun has fallen down the pecking order at Goodison but the Blues will only listen to offer to buy the striker. "

Sounds as if they want him on loan, but we want cash for him.

I think we have a problem where Brands and Silva can't go forward because we haven't got the money so we have sell or we can't invest, so loans don't give you the money to buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm fine with that, the loans out need to stop we need to get rid permanently now.

 

47 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think we have a problem where Brands and Silva can't go forward because we haven't got the money so we have sell or we can't invest, so loans don't give you the money to buy.

Clubs exploiting us because of this but we're refusing to sell and that's why we have so many loans out maybe?

One thing is sure we need to cut our losses on a lot of players this summer. £20m in my eyes for Tosun is a fair enough asking price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think we have a problem where Brands and Silva can't go forward because we haven't got the money so we have sell or we can't invest, so loans don't give you the money to buy.

No, I think otherwise. We have spent a lot in the summer and as the season goes, we're not going to break top 6 nor we will be relegated, so it is best to wait and reassess our future in the summer. There's no need to stress our squad with more signings mid season and clearly there aren't good options available to improve our critical areas and in particular strikers. We're short in strikers so it would be ridiculous to send Tosun out on loan, but the price tag is right there if anyone is interested to sign him right away. Then we'll be in a position to use the money and replace him with another gamble, which is acceptable risk than having two misfits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Haiku said:

No, I think otherwise. We have spent a lot in the summer and as the season goes, we're not going to break top 6 nor we will be relegated, so it is best to wait and reassess our future in the summer. There's no need to stress our squad with more signings mid season and clearly there aren't good options available to improve our critical areas and in particular strikers. We're short in strikers so it would be ridiculous to send Tosun out on loan, but the price tag is right there if anyone is interested to sign him right away. Then we'll be in a position to use the money and replace him with another gamble, which is acceptable risk than having two misfits.

I would say we have no choice on signing anyone at present due to lack of money, I think that's the reason we see no movement on Gomes and all of the transfer news surrounding us is of players leaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StevO said:

It would be nice to see a striker, but I get why they just want to get rid of a load of players first. I think we have a few out on loan who’s contract expire in the summer, I hope so anyway. 

Yeh that's true, we cant keep adding to the squad if we have a a huge amount of other players still on the books that don't have a future. Its like a conveyor belt and at the moment we have a lot of deadwood stuck at the end who we cant get out of the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite the negativity that came out of that game yesterday, it was really good to see Tosun get a goal. You could see how much it meant to him as the paraded his badge to the crowd, as if to let us know he's going nowhere and will fight for his spot.

I hope he starts mid-week, someone needs to drag us out of this mess and hopefully he can do a Niasse and lead by example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Despite the negativity that came out of that game yesterday, it was really good to see Tosun get a goal. You could see how much it meant to him as the paraded his badge to the crowd, as if to let us know he's going nowhere and will fight for his spot.

I hope he starts mid-week, someone needs to drag us out of this mess and hopefully he can do a Niasse and lead by example. 

He needs to play. We need players with his character. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also how the players celebrated with him was brilliant it’s like they know he should be playing every week, they see him week in and week out they know he should be there and there reaction showed it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think whoever does get the nod up front could just do with being played there for 5 or 6 games on the bounce instead of this merry-go-round we have at the moment.

We need people to develop partnerships and understanding more than ever and switching round every game isnt working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think whoever does get the nod up front could just do with being played there for 5 or 6 games on the bounce instead of this merry-go-round we have at the moment.

We need people to develop partnerships and understanding more than ever and switching round every game isnt working.

Might as well do that now as we're not playing for anything now except mid-table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 25/01/2019 at 22:45, Haiku said:

No, I think otherwise. We have spent a lot in the summer and as the season goes, we're not going to break top 6 nor we will be relegated, so it is best to wait and reassess our future in the summer. There's no need to stress our squad with more signings mid season and clearly there aren't good options available to improve our critical areas and in particular strikers. We're short in strikers so it would be ridiculous to send Tosun out on loan, but the price tag is right there if anyone is interested to sign him right away. Then we'll be in a position to use the money and replace him with another gamble, which is acceptable risk than having two misfits.

:yay: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...