IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

10 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He would have had to play as a CB to get a touch under Martinez

That's why lukaku bagged 30 goals a season under him.... Your move!

56 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Now we've got attacking and defending problems, where did it all go wrong.😢

Panic set in early-season and we ended up with the football equivalent of herpes for a manager 

did i mention the mass change of personnel in a short space of time yet?

50 minutes ago, hafnia said:

The lad can play. Not the quickest but he has an assured touch. Great shot on him too!

He brings others in to play beautifully, which is what we've been missing for a long time. If he carries on doing that and putting the ball in the net he will be an extremely important player for us.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Or he has managed him perfectly

I’m not an Allardyce fan by and means but his handling of Tosun has been spot on. The lad was clearly not fit enough when he first came over and taking him out of the firing line and getting him up to speed on the training ground instead of just throwing him in at the deepens is now paying dividends

I don't want to hail Sam as a genius or this move as genius or correct, but yes. Not every player we sign needs to play right away for their sake of getting acclimated, even if the team desperately needed/needs a #9.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

The lad can play. Not the quickest but he has an assured touch. Great shot on him too!

Agreed. This is mitigated somewhat when playing next to pacey players like Walcott and Bolasie (Would be nice to have someone more clinical than Yannick though) as well as fullbacks with mobility such as Baines and Coleman who can attack down the flank. I just wish one of our number 10's had some pace to give opponents something different/to make runs coming from behind Tosun. None of Rooney, Siggy, and Klaassen really have legs.

I'm proud of him today. Great goal.

https://streamable.com/ph6or

Well, I have to say I was a bit disappointed when I saw him on the bench for a couple of games. %90 of the Turkish players would give up in that situation but he kept working and deserved to play in starting 11. I owe an apology to Sam. I still think he's not a great manager but he did the right thing about Cenk and I was wrong.

Anyway, if something ends up well, there's nothing to complain about it. 

2 goals in 2 games, first 90 minutes, first goal in home game; looks like Cenk's enjoying his time in Everton and PL nowadays. And I can say that's only the preview. Once he fully adapts there, you can expect more goals with more creativity. He was like a magician here; every time we saw a different trick and he scored better/harder goals each time. You'll see that too. Enjoy. :)  

While watching the game from the broadcast, you sometimes miss the details. After his goal & celebration, Cenk kneels down and "shines" Baines's shoe to appreciate his assist. It was a tradition here in 90's football. Nice to see him doing that :) (8m 20s)

23 minutes ago, tanora said:

While watching the game from the broadcast, you sometimes miss the details. After his goal & celebration, Cenk kneels down and "shines" Baines's shoe to appreciate his assist. It was a tradition here in 90's football. Nice to see him doing that :) (8m 20s)

Cheers for that I missed it whilst celebrating myself. Classic celebration from my school days. 

Don’t agree with this ‘Sam has managed him well’. Who knows what would have happened if Sam had stated him from the off. He was playing champions league football and doing well in that competition. I’d say he would have scored a few more goals than he’s got now! Sam clearly didn’t rate him and now has to eat some humble pie (not that he’ll struggle eating pie). 

7 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Or he has managed him perfectly

I’m not an Allardyce fan by and means but his handling of Tosun has been spot on. The lad was clearly not fit enough when he first came over and taking him out of the firing line and getting him up to speed on the training ground instead of just throwing him in at the deepens is now paying dividends

Wasn't there a report that Crooked Sam wanted to sell him back to Turkey? If so, his handling was not spot on at all.

I think he has been managed well to be fair. We all saw his first appearance, and he didn’t seem up to the pace of the premier league. 

A few weeks later he looks like he is going to be the striker we have been looking for. Goals, good shot, clever and strong. 

I'm not a big fan of fat Sam but the fella will never win. He took him out the side and eased him back in. We now see the benefits. I'm my eyes that's good management, whether through sheer luck or shrewdness... That's debatable, but he must take some of the plaudits. Like he takes the flack for the rest of the shit.

I'd say that throwing him in against a Spurs side where we only lumped long balls to him probably wasn' good management, especially when he then left him out of games where we were going to have a lot more control. I also don' think talking about him in the press like he did was great management. 

We are just lucky that Walsh did a good job scouting this fella and his mentality. He is a fighter and he has shown that.

“Both wingers are really good and send in excellent crosses. We talked about it before the match, they said to me, ‘If we have the ball, just get in the box and we will cross to you’.”
CENK TOSUN

This is the key. Everton can buy Oğuzhan Özyakup from Besiktas former Arsenal player..He can help Everton in the middle..some paper says Özyakup talked with Newcaste.

6 hours ago, sacitunal said:

Everton can buy Oğuzhan Özyakup from Besiktas former Arsenal player..He can help Everton in the middle..some paper says Özyakup talked with Newcaste.

3 years ago, Beşiktaş formed a great team from a group young players and as Sacit says, Oğuzhan was one of the core players with Cenk. I found a video of an old match which they played together.

http://tr.beinsports.com/lig/spor-toto-super-lig/ozet/2015-2016/1/mersin-idman-yurdu-2-5-besiktas-mac-ozeti