Sign in to follow this  
duncanmckenzieismagic

Cenk Tosun

On 14/10/2019 at 14:56, markjazzbassist said:

saluting the genocide of the Kurds, no thanks.  get rid of this guy, send him back where he came

He wasn’t saluting the genocide of the Kurds, though. I’ve seen him do this before. It’s how he celebrates. Let’s not read too much into how players celebrate. 

PS - I just read the BBC article and take back what I wrote. 

There are two sides on the coin. Being under Ottoman slavery for 5 centuries, having fought our freedom in 1878 (the same year Everton was formed) with the help of Russia, nobody knows how cruel the Turks can be better than us Bulgarians. However everything that Kurds are doing is a pure form of terrorism that dates back from at least a century. We can relate to them, they are fighting for their freedom. At the same time it is perfectly understandable that Turks hate them, since literary everyone has lost a relative after Kurdish attack over the years. What I mean, there's rarely a right and wrong side in any war. In other words, everyone has a valid reason to be right looking from his own perspective.

On 16/10/2019 at 07:37, nogs said:

Sigurdsson isn't being played as a striker though. And if he is the tactics are even more miserable than we thought. 

Back on topic, I find the idea that Tosun could be the answer very, very depressing. He was a dreadful signing. 

Well we defend in a 442 formation and his average position is more often than not as high as or ahead of the striker, at least when he is alongside DCL. The one game Kean started it was a little different but I didnt see that game so I couldn't tell you what happened.

12 hours ago, MC11 said:

Needs to start throughout now. Players will get goals in and around him. Especially Richarlison. 

He misses to many good chances to be a starter, DCL is the better goal threat and brings players into games more so he should start.

An option off the bench until we can get a better striker.

4 hours ago, London Blue said:

He misses to many good chances to be a starter, DCL is the better goal threat and brings players into games more so he should start.

An option off the bench until we can get a better striker.

I disagree.

DCL's athleticism is better and therefore when he is more isolated he will help the team more in bringing his teammates into play but when we are in possession Tosun makes smarter runs and links play better in my opinion. I also think its very difficult to say that DCL is a bigger goal threat.

I also dont really think that Tosun has much of an impact from the bench. He scored against Spurs but DCL has a bigger impact.

All I would say is that for the next run of games, possibly including Norwich, DCL should start.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I disagree.

DCL's athleticism is better and therefore when he is more isolated he will help the team more in bringing his teammates into play but when we are in possession Tosun makes smarter runs and links play better in my opinion. I also think its very difficult to say that DCL is a bigger goal threat.

I also dont really think that Tosun has much of an impact from the bench. He scored against Spurs but DCL has a bigger impact.

All I would say is that for the next run of games, possibly including Norwich, DCL should start.

Neither are prolific strikers, but DCL has hit a run of form and shown that he can score, Cenk, for all his running and enthusiasm has shown he cannot, at least not at this level.

Also DCL has time on his side to learn and improve. 

I'm glad you think DCL should start, the more games he gets, the better he will become.

17 hours ago, London Blue said:

Neither are prolific strikers, but DCL has hit a run of form and shown that he can score, Cenk, for all his running and enthusiasm has shown he cannot, at least not at this level.

Also DCL has time on his side to learn and improve. 

I'm glad you think DCL should start, the more games he gets, the better he will become.

isn't that a bit OTT. He scored a goal that was already over the line and another where the keeper was out of position and went down the middle of the goal. Other than those, he has scored 1 league goal. 

In fact DCL averages a premier league goal every 322 minutes whereas Cenk is every 241 and he has played less minutes in the league. 

My view is that neither player is the answer to our problems but DCL plays better as the isolated striker whereas Cenk is the more effective player in and around other players. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

My view is that neither player is the answer to our problems but DCL plays better as the isolated striker whereas Cenk is the more effective player in and around other players. 

Agreed neither will get us in the top 6, I believe Kean is the player we should be given the opportunity’s to, he if played correctly he could be the key to our lack of goals. 

39 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Agreed neither will get us in the top 6, I believe Kean is the player we should be given the opportunity’s to, he if played correctly he could be the key to our lack of goals. 

Except he's yet to score... 

17 hours ago, Btay said:

I think we need to stop lumping a striker uptop by themselves and asking why they are not scoring... 

I don't think we do. A lot of the time we play a clear three up front, or at least two wingers who's job is to get up and support the CF. 

I think the main problem is that we are consistently wasteful in the final third, whoever the front three are. Playing Richarlison and Walcott in a front three, you'd hope those two alone would chip in with 30 goals a season between them. Whether we're not linking from the midfield well enough, or delivery from our fullbacks isn't good enough, or the forwards we play just aren't taking their opportunities or being clever enough in their movement, I don't know. But regardless of our issues at CF, we could and should be scoring more. 

6 minutes ago, nogs said:

Except he's yet to score... 

Look at the game time he’s had and the positions he’s been asked to play, plus he’s new to league and deserves a fair crack as the main striker. 
If you’re not going to play him why buy him. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

He deserves better than that. The league is just a bit too quick for him. He’d thrive in Italy or Spain

Are you saying the deal isn't good enough or just Palace in general?

4 hours ago, Matt said:

He deserves better than that. The league is just a bit too quick for him. He’d thrive in Italy or Spain

He’s settled in England - opportunity to move to a London club who will play to his strengths in the richest league in world football... pretty damn perfect move for him, in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Sibdane said:

Are you saying the deal isn't good enough or just Palace in general?

He’s got a natural finishing ability. If CP got him and can play the ball to his feet, they’d be on to a winner. Just feel he could really be special given the chance

5 hours ago, c1982 said:

He’s settled in England - opportunity to move to a London club who will play to his strengths in the richest league in world football... pretty damn perfect move for him, in my opinion.

Can’t argue with that

17 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We need to find a way to start selling, loans aren’t much good to us. 

True but wages are off the books and a potentially unhappy camper moved out from squad.

Sell in the summer.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Not a chance they’re even paying close to all his wages. 

Maybe, but there will be a loan fee and a decent amount of the wages covered. If he does well then helps improve the chances of him getting a permanent move somewhere in the summer.

10 hours ago, London Blue said:

Maybe, but there will be a loan fee and a decent amount of the wages covered. If he does well then helps improve the chances of him getting a permanent move somewhere in the summer.

I;m a little disappointed in Brands and our outgoings if I'm honest. Very happy with what he's managed to bring in for the most part but I expected more in terms of shifting players. I know it wouldn't be an easy thing to do, before anyone points that out, but he's done nothing at all really.

22 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I;m a little disappointed in Brands and our outgoings if I'm honest. Very happy with what he's managed to bring in for the most part but I expected more in terms of shifting players. I know it wouldn't be an easy thing to do, before anyone points that out, but he's done nothing at all really.

Some are quite a hard sell, Bolasie on high wages and with his injury, cenk, that Spanish lad both on high wages but cant score. Need del boy to shift them!!

I hope it works for him, he’s another player with a big heart, when he plays he gives everything you couldn’t fault him for effort wish we could say that about some of the other’s, a shame it didn’t work out for him here thanks and good luck. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

If I had a big shit in a Tesco carrier bag and gave it to you to sell for me, would that make you a poor salesman if you didn’t find a buyer?

.... Oh and the turd was demanding £50k a week to go!

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If I had a big shit in a Tesco carrier bag and gave it to you to sell for me, would that make you a poor salesman if you didn’t find a buyer?

.... Oh and the turd was demanding £50k a week to go!

If it was my job to sell turds then yes. 

12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If it was my job to sell turds then yes. 

Ha ha you must be some salesman!

TBF he has managed to get rid of a lot of crap , personally I think he has played a blinder convincing anyone to take the likes of Mirallas, Sandro, Williams, Bolasie, Dowell, Pennington ,Tarashaj , Martina , Vlasic and Niasse even if they did only go on loan until their respective loan clubs realised how shite they were and sent them back

Palace have signed him because he is a proven goal scorer and he is the solution to them only scoring 19 goals in the league.  I like Cenk a lot but fucking hell Roy good luck with that. Mind you what’s the betting that he bangs in 6 goals in 6 games now?    At least we’ll either get some cash for him or he’ll be in form when he comes back I suppose. Anyway, good luck Cenk, sorry it’s not planned out how you wanted. 

2 hours ago, badaids said:

Palace have signed him because he is a proven goal scorer and he is the solution to them only scoring 19 goals in the league.  I like Cenk a lot but fucking hell Roy good luck with that. Mind you what’s the betting that he bangs in 6 goals in 6 games now?    At least we’ll either get some cash for him or he’ll be in form when he comes back I suppose. Anyway, good luck Cenk, sorry it’s not planned out how you wanted. 

He's another Jelavic for me, just slightly better. 

Tosun was just unfortunate in that he didn't quite have enough. He just didn't have that little extra required to beat a defender and score regularly.

He was good with his back to goal and often laid the ball off well after receiving a pass but he wasn't quick enough to get himself in the box for a return ball.

He was strong but not quite strong enough to out muscle a defender like Lukaku used to do and he wasn't the tallest so didn't have a particularly potent aerial threat.

I hope he does well so we can recoup some money or at least he draws attention from abroad where is physical attributes might be more suitable. He was just too small, too weak and too slow to really make it in the Prem.

here is the goal: https://streamvi.com/watch.php?video=1579361919

he scored 2nd right after but ref given foul, which is maybe not a foul. there is no clear angle to see the interaction... well, in general, he plays with confidence, pretty active and running with pace interestingly. holds up ball, links up with zaha and ayew. 

Out for 6 months after a serious knee injury in the training according to the Atlethic.

Looks like he is going to miss the Euro 2020 as well and not sure anymore that Palace will buy him at the end of his loan contract after this injury.