IGNORED

Manchester United (Home) January 1st

markjazzbassist

All things considered I think that is our best half of football under Allardyce. 

If we had a decent striker that was capable of getting across the front man we might have had a couple more shots at goal too. 

I think it' safe to say that if we want to see the best of either Schneiderlin or Gueye then they need to be playing with Rooney and Davies. 

7 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

His movement has been good today but first touch and linkup has been bad.

I think his movement have been crap. He has been running into Bolasie's channels and then when the ball is in the box he hasn' even tried to get across the front man. He is working hard and trying to make something happen but he is simply moving around the pitch rather than being clever with his movement.

Just now, Bailey said:

I think his movement have been crap. He has been running into Bolasie's channels and then when the ball is in the box he hasn' even tried to get across the front man. He is working hard and trying to make something happen but he is simply moving around the pitch rather than being clever with his movement.

I wish I could upvote this twice. 

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Let everyone be honest there's no way you would ever see Gana in the area in a season as we've seen Davies in this game, do we miss Gana do we fuck he holds us back.

Spot on. The real question is whether Gana would do a better job than Schneiderlin in this side because they should both only be playing in that role and not anywhere else in midfield.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

It’s the first time he’s had an actual winger in front of him, think his instinct to attack just needs curbing after having had to for the last several games 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Don't know what game you've been watching but the game I'm watching Cuco has played well

Agreed, he’s been further up the pitch than he ever has with Sam.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I mean more when someone else has the ball he is pulling defenders away from bolasie.  He also pulled them away when Davies and vlasic were doing some intricit work inn the box.

9 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Cuco has done okay. He's a right back playing out of position and by God that lad does not have a left foot.

He hasn't once pushed it up the line to race past his man and put a cross in. Hell just win a throw in if you have to. That's why I've been saying we need a left footed full back in the side. Go out and snatch Montpellier's Jerome Roussillon tomorrow.

Bolasie has been the stand out player. He's tormented their defence and it shows that we've missed someone with a bit of pace and strength to change the flow of the game.

Bailey has answered that really Niasse was going into the left channel for what reason only he knows and getting in the way of Bolasi and Cuco.