IGNORED

U20 ice hockey world cup

• 2 weeks later...

it's their game, the native canadians (inuit) played the game.  honestly each year it's their trophy to lose, the vast majority of players are from there.  i will give the europeans credit, for how small their countries are they pump out great teams and players (sweden, russia, czech, etc), but it's always been about the canadians.  that's why im surprised the NHL doesn't have more teams up there.  Quebec city, another toronto team, niagara, halifax, etc they have the fans up there.

6 minutes ago, rubecula said:

My cousins all live in and around Winipeg.

what are you doing in wales then?  canada is amazing, i tried to get my family to immigrate there but my wife hates cold weather and it's even further north than where i live now :(  i love canada.  best country in north america as far as i'm concerned.  people are great, super kind and helpful, great self-depricating humor, love beer, did i mention they love beer :)  girls are great too.

14 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

it's their game, the native canadians (inuit) played the game.  honestly each year it's their trophy to lose, the vast majority of players are from there.  i will give the europeans credit, for how small their countries are they pump out great teams and players (sweden, russia, czech, etc), but it's always been about the canadians.  that's why im surprised the NHL doesn't have more teams up there.  Quebec city, another toronto team, niagara, halifax, etc they have the fans up there.

Canada population 36 million

Russia population 144 million

Small European countries? Lol

Sweden and Czech republic are small with 10 million each. Finland have half that. Amazing how they year after year compete with Russia, USA and Canada

too old and ill to go there now Mark,  and where I live is pretty good, I have free medical care and free prescriptions and a wonderful lady who works in Liverpool.  Oh and it is unlikely to cause me too much grief in winter and on top of that I doubt I will be eaten by a polar bear  lol

2 minutes ago, Peter H said:

Canada population 36 million

Russia population 144 million

Small European countries? Lol

Sweden and Czech republic are small with 10 million each. Finland have half that. Amazing how they year after year compete with Russia, USA and Canada

sorry thats what i meant, the scandinavians and slavic countries are small but have great teams

Just now, rubecula said:

too old and ill to go there now Mark,  and where I live is pretty good, I have free medical care and free prescriptions and a wonderful lady who works in Liverpool.  Oh and it is unlikely to cause me too much grief in winter and on top of that I doubt I will be eaten by a polar bear  lol

:rofl:

but do they have poutine there?  i love poutine.