IGNORED

Video replay/VAR opinions

I haven't seen anything grevious from VAR yet. Actually I have been pleased from what I have seen. Is not there to look over the shoulder of the ref or judge his 50-50 decisions. It's there to correct "wrong" calls, not judgement calls, as it were. And so far it's been quick, not drawn out and killing game play like we have seen on the International side. 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Just seeing how Palace had a goal disallowed by VAR for absolutely no valid reason, I'm convinced this technology is being used by powerful financial interests to rig games. Football in England, it seems, is dying. Soon it will be little better than wrestling "entertainment".

I think there was a couple of bad decisions by VAR today, going against the refs original decision. 
This after this week the FA conceding they had made mistakes and they had made changes going forward to eradicate the problems. 
I’ll be happier when they concede that the problem was introducing it in the first place. 
Death to VAR. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, MikeO said:

Just seen West Ham's disallowed goal from last night; the way the law stands it was the correct decision but it's crazy, the law needs to be changed.

And then VAR looks at the Walcott incident yesterday and decides it wasn't a foul! I'm sure I've seen a certain red shite player get a penalty for the exact same thing...

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

And then VAR looks at the Walcott incident yesterday and decides it wasn't a foul! I'm sure I've seen a certain red shite player get a penalty for the exact same thing...

But the ref should be giving that he’s 15 yards away looking directly at it, but he’s bottled it and left it for VAR to make the decision, there thinking well the ref didn’t see anything so let’s not rock the boat, just proves what a mess it is and to add to the poor decisions some refs are now deciding to not make any decisions and are leaving it to VAR, it’s becoming a lottery with decisions. 
The sooner it’s removed the game the better it will be for the game. 

I don't even think we can say it's a case of making mistakes now. Walcott is clear as day dragged back and impeded. No coincidence that the team that gets the most decisions their way has the most fans in the age bracket of referees, and then there's us who need players legs broken before the opposition even get a yellow. 

What's the rule on the last man these days. Should their centre half not have walked even after DCL had the shot.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

I don't even think we can say it's a case of making mistakes now. Walcott is clear as day dragged back and impeded. No coincidence that the team that gets the most decisions their way has the most fans in the age bracket of referees, and then there's us who need players legs broken before the opposition even get a yellow. 

What's the rule on the last man these days. Should their centre half not have walked even after DCL had the shot.

No, it would’ve just been a yellow card because of the double jeopardy rule. 

On 12/01/2020 at 16:53, Romey 1878 said:

No, it would’ve just been a yellow card because of the double jeopardy rule. 

39 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Although, I’ve just read that it would have been a red. So fucked if I know tbh :lol: 

I think it would be a red because the double jeopardy rule only applies to a genuine attempt to win the ball. As he was just pulling Walcott back it should have been a pen and a red.