IGNORED

Alfie Mawson

• 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I’m not a fan, I think he is bang average 

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

He's another Keane, we should go to the foreign market, UK players cost the earth.

The dream was a straight swap with Williams be going the other way....  We can all get behind that.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

He's another Keane, we should go to the foreign market, UK players cost the earth.

Not saying this because I rate the lad but how can you come to that conclusion? He's been very solid in one of the shittest sides I've ever seen in this league bar Sunderland

Keane was a stand out defender in a very organised defensive unit prior to coming here I bet most thought it was money well spent

Mawson hasn't moved on and had a rocky season so I don't get how you can be so dismissive you might as well apply the same logic to every English CB that's not a world beater 

19 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I think he gets highlighted because he is English. If he was foreign people wouldn’t talk about him as he is an average player 

The only reason his nationality comes to mind for me personally is if he does well as said decent English players in today's market are well sought after bar that ability wise I couldn't care if he came from Botswana 

There's plenty of options out there I like the fact he's looked solid in a terrible team knows the league left footed and just been relegated to lessen any cost but I really couldn't care who we bring in as long as they can do a job well enough 

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I’m not sure he is all that. Mina for 27 mill surely is better value 

He is but doesn't seem keen sadly 

I rate Mawson he's a much better choice than Gibson imo stronger quicker better positional awareness and knows the league, shame if Fulham snap him up