IGNORED

Abdoulaye Doucouré

Peter H

30 minutes ago, Aidan said:

HITC reporting that our opening offer was around £18m, but Watford want £25m.

Here where it gets hard. Pay the £7m (Apparently) and get him in working with the squad or wait it out to save a few mil. Ideally I’d want Allan, Gomes and Doucoure working together ASAP.

Gbabim to come into the fold as well - will be like signing 3 new CM’s and we could really have physical presence in the centre of the park.

Cant see where Delph/Davies get minutes here. Maybe Delph to cover as LB this season?

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Here where it gets hard. Pay the £7m (Apparently) and get him in working with the squad or wait it out to save a few mil. Ideally I’d want Allan, Gomes and Doucoure working together ASAP.

Gbabim to come into the fold as well - will be like signing 3 new CM’s and we could really have physical presence in the centre of the park.

Cant see where Delph/Davies get minutes here. Maybe Delph to cover as LB this season?

We seem to draw it out until last minute year in year out, but a lot of that might be also due to our targets waiting to see if they'll get a bigger club come in for them.

If we are going for the midfield 3, then Davies and Delph will get game time. Delph coving LB wouldn't be the worse thing in the world for a season - as long as Digne doesn't get a long term injury.

More importantly, minus Gabriel the lack of links to CB is worrying, its a priority IMO - Keane just isn't good enough and Holgate is still developing.

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

We seem to draw it out until last minute year in year out, but a lot of that might be also due to our targets waiting to see if they'll get a bigger club come in for them.

If we are going for the midfield 3, then Davies and Delph will get game time. Delph coving LB wouldn't be the worse thing in the world for a season - as long as Digne doesn't get a long term injury.

More importantly, minus Gabriel the lack of links to CB is worrying, its a priority IMO - Keane just isn't good enough and Holgate is still developing.

Couldn't agree more, we are in a peculiar position of trying to attract talent above our level so we either have to offer them big pay packets or get in while interest is relatively low.

I can see what you are saying, Delph and Allan are a similar mould of player. Delph was meant to be a high energy, tenacious midfielder who can provide a bit on the ball but instead we got a false hardman, pointing and blaming everyone else but himself.

Id have no issue with him covering at LB but if Leeds end up inquiring id be getting rid of and looking at Ricardo Rodriguez for a season. Davies needs to rotate with Gomes but im just not convinced after this season, maybe he will come into his own in a 3 with 2 quality mids providing some presence. Gbamim covers Allan but i dont see him playing as vertically as Allan does, more horizontal cover & stepping in as a CB when fullbacks bomb on. Doucoure starts and id like to see Iwobi cover for him and cover for RW/RF depends how you look at the 4-3-3.

No place for gylfi, not sure where Bernard is going to fit in either as he just does not produce enough of a goal threat.

Richarlison             DCL               Ocampos

Doucoure                    Gomes

Allan 

Digne            Mina           Holgate      Kenny

Pickford

Bernard                 Kean               Gordon

Davies                   Iwobi 

Gbamim  

Delph        Braithewaite  Keane    Coleman

Lossl/Virginia

Means Gylfi, Walcott, Tosun, Sandro, Besic, Bolasie, Baningime & Pennington surplus in the current first team. Question marks of our CB's definitely 

1 minute ago, Makis said:

That Guardiola must be a no-nothing cunt then as Delph played almost 100 games for City.

John oshea played 100s of games for SAF, he knew his place and did what he was asked.  He moved to Sunderland as a leader and wasn't up to scratch.

Delph knew his place at man city, he's come to little old Everton on a juicy retirement contract and swaggers round thinking he's the big one.... he's a problem.  Get rid, simple as that. 

1 hour ago, Makis said:

That does not make him shite. I'm f***ng sick of people with no clue calling players shite.

It’s what he has shown on the football pitch, in matches for Everton, which is why people think he’s shite. He hasn’t shown once for Everton he is good enough. He may have done a good job for Pep at City, but that’s not what we’ve seen at Everton so why should we think any different?

I think its a bit lazy to say Delph can play LB based on what he did at City. City full backs spend more time in midfield than they do actually defending in a back 4 and when Delph did defend he made mistakes. If he was right footed he wouldn't have played at City.

4 hours ago, Makis said:

That does not make him shite. I'm f***ng sick of people with no clue calling players shite.

A footballer can have all the ability in the world.....  kicking a ball to the opposition with one minute left when 1 goal up makes him shite in my book among other stupid arrogant acts. 

4 hours ago, Makis said:

He went to City to boost their “homegrown” quota, simple as. He did fill in when others were injured but that’s about it. Since he came he’s been either injured, irresponsible or awful. Now I know I’m biased because I didn’t want him in the first place (for exactly the reasons I’ve quoted) on top of not rating him. It’s a bit like profanity; you can choose to dislike certain words and even be upset by them, but shite, poo, awful all end up with the same meaning. 

as for this lad... I don’t know. Seems like a motd player from what little I’ve seen of him. But then again, I don’t watch the opposition when I’m watching Everton unless someone is doing something exceptional. Our scouts are paid for that and we’ve been following him for a while. I’d like to see us offer £50 upfront for him and Sarr with a bunch of add-ons that include CL. If those 2 help get there, the clauses should be paid because they’ll have made us better. 

26 minutes ago, Makis said:

So basically every player in the world is shite because I'm sure everyone has made a bad mistake in their career. You just haven't seen them.

Bad mistake? Have you watched him for us??? 

Telling holgate to have some respect cos he gave him a few home truths on the pitch.... arguing with fans, conceding the ball to Newcastle leading to their equaliser.  He's got a piss poor big time Charlie  attitude and he's picking up a fortune.

Awful signing. 

Think Doucoure is being priced out of a move and may have to start throwing his toys out of the pram in order to force a way out of the Championship club. There are rumours from France that personal terms have been agreed. 

He was rumoured to be valued at £30m last season, if true how on earth have they valued him £5m more since last year! No way will we pay £35m and need to move on to other targets if they dont want to play fair. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Watford are run by absolute idiots.  I actually dislike dealing with them. 

I'm indifferent to this lad, I assume he is a specific type of player that Carlo has identified.

Allan, Doucoure and Gomes as a trio... how will that work?

I don’t know but I’d love to be able to give it ago.  

10 minutes ago, StevO said:

This!

I hope you see a nice mix of athleticism, tenacity, aggression and some quality on the ball. All three are different type of midfielder, could be a great combination of the three. Or it could be terrible. 

One thing is for sure we can't have a slow, hide and seek trio that we've seen.

Gomes needs to understand that the manager is trying to find the right mix to get the best from him. Allan will be the leader is my guess.

Fingers crossed.  

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Watford are run by absolute idiots.  I actually dislike dealing with them. 

I'm indifferent to this lad, I assume he is a specific type of player that Carlo has identified.

Allan, Doucoure and Gomes as a trio... how will that work?

Here come Everton again, rub their hands in glee 😈