IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion (Home) Saturday January 20th

markjazzbassist

Anyone want to guess how we'll set up? Not to lose.

If the manager had any bottle, he'd throw Besic in for Martina, rely on McCarthy to control midfield, and give Tosun a partner up front - but he won't. It will be the same defence as today, with Gana playing again, Rooney and Sigurdsson not quite knowing what is their role, and Tosun struggling alone up-front. West Brom are showing some fight again now, so this won't be an easy game to win.

____________Pickford 

Lennon Holgate Williams Besic 

________Davies McCarthy  

Vlasic_____Klaassen ____Tosun

__________Rooney

Not that this would ever be picked atm, but at a minimum I hope Schneiderlin and Gana are left out and that we play with confidence on the ball. 

Not a chance of seeing this team picked but I think this would produce better football and better results than the load of shit he keeps picking.  Horses for courses is the way to go, jags played RB for us when he arrived, Kenny plays better on the left than Coco does.

Vlasic was played by Unsy and got  motm  3 games running but has not been seen since, Rooney will always drop deep so we might as well play him there. McCarthy and  Davies can do all the running, but its  a toss up between Bolasie and Lennon.

CF wasn't a problem cos we have to see what he can do.

4-5-1

Pickford. 

Jagielka.   Holgate.    Williams.    Kenny.

Vlasic.  Davies.  Rooney. McCarthy.   Bolasie

Tosun.

Subs.  Robles, Besic, DCL, Lennon, Niasse, Lookman.

I think this team would win comfortably, but there's no chance of seeing it.

What concerns me about this game after listening to Allardyce is we could set out playing extremely defensively at home which will play into the hands of Albion, he will look at 0-0 as a good enough result.

This line up wouldn't get picked but I'd like to see us trying something different.

Pickford.

Holgate.         Williams.          Jags.

Lennon.Davies. Schneiderlin. McCarthy. Vlasic

Gylfi.

.                                Tosun.

Subs. Kenny.Cuco.Gana.Rooney.Lookman.DCL. Bolasie.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Not a chance of seeing this team picked but I think this would produce better football and better results than the load of shit he keeps picking.  Horses for courses is the way to go, jags played RB for us when he arrived, Kenny plays better on the left than Coco does.

Vlasic was played by Unsy and got  motm  3 games running but has not been seen since, Rooney will always drop deep so we might as well play him there. McCarthy and  Davies can do all the running, but its  a toss up between Bolasie and Lennon.

CF wasn't a problem cos we have to see what he can do.

4-5-1

Pickford. 

Jagielka.   Holgate.    Williams.    Kenny.

Vlasic.  Davies.  Rooney. McCarthy.   Bolasie

Tosun.

Subs.  Robles, Besic, DCL, Lennon, Niasse, Lookman.

I think this team would win comfortably, but there's no chance of seeing it.

Jags played RB 10 years ago, no way he could do that now! I’d rather play Lennon there if Kenny was going LB, not that I think he should. Weird selection mate!

Ended up flicking through YouTube earlier and stumbled upon one of the ArsenalFanTV vlogs from today's game. Basically the lad was moaning about just going through the motions with Arsenal now and it struck me as it's pretty much how I feel about Everton at the moment. I go the game every week as I have done as a season ticket holder for years now but it just feels like going through the motions at the moment. We're so shite it's unreal, I'm at the ground to support and get behind my team but it isn'tt half hard when the eleven on the pitch don't seem arsed. That performance against Spurs was embarrassing but it isn'tt the first and won't be the last. 

I'd be optimistic about this at home but we failed to beat them away when they were laughably shite so I assume they might give us a game at Goodison. I'd take a 1-0 but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a smash and grab from the Baggies. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Jags played RB 10 years ago, no way he could do that now! I’d rather play Lennon there if Kenny was going LB, not that I think he should. Weird selection mate!

Switch Jags with Holgate then, nothing weird about that team Matt, Holgate has played RB and Kenny has played LB and played well when he did.  Getting fed up with all the drivel they are playing, and the manager keeps picking the same players.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Switch Jags with Holgate then, nothing weird about that team Matt, Holgate has played RB and Kenny has played LB and played well when he did.  Getting fed up with all the drivel they are playing, and the manager keeps picking the same players.

That makes more sense, though I’d not move Holgate around as he’s the highlight of our defence. 

Agree with the sentiment though

What i'd like to see....

PICKFORD

KENNY HOLGATE WILLIAMS GARBUTT

ROONEY MCCARTHY

BOLASIE SIGURDSSON LOOKMAN

TOSUN

What we'll get....

PICKFORD

KENNY HOLGATE WILLIAMS MARTINA

SCHNEIDERLIN GANA MCCARTHY

ROONEY TOSUN SIGURDSSON