IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion (Home) Saturday January 20th

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, TallPaul1878 said:

We need both. Nzonzi, or someone like him, is desperately needed to take control of midfield. Look at how Moussa Dembele just bullied us off the park against Spurs and it's happening again today with West Brom.

Our whole back 4 needs to be replaced, it is fundamentally not good enough.

Agreed. I said earlier that we shouldn't have to play teo DMs at home to these. Rooney (or whoever)  should be feeding what looks a decent attacking four. Instead we're trying to mitigate mistakes by defenders by sitting two DMs in front of them.

6 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Theo out on his own, looks inside for a pass and there's FUCKING NOTHING. Nobody offering him a pass so he has to go and draw a foul.

This is what I feared when we bought him he would find hard because he'd have no one to pass to, he can't do it on his own

The two CB look lost. I wonder how much Pickford is helping to organise, if at all. There is no structure and Schneiderlin isn’t protecting them at all. McCarthy is pushing up higher, which isn’t helping because the ball is rarely there. The attacking 4 aren’t going together, they’re going in random pairs. 

All of which comes down to then managers inability to do the basics right. Which is completely unsurprising.