IGNORED

Rafinha

4 minutes ago, Peter H said:

This would make me very happy. Doubt it will happen though. We really need to off load some more midfielders though. Besic, McCarthy and Schneiderlin spring to mind. I think we should keep Vlasic, Gana and Lookman. 

Rafinha would be a stellar upgrade for our central midfield in terms of ball retention and creativity. That said, I think Schneiderlin is still a very capable player stuck in a confidence-struggling midfield with limited quick, short passing options. Placed alongside Rafinha and Siggy would alleviate the pressures of a heavily-focused reliance on long balls and square/reverse ball movement. I could see a resurgence of last season’s Schneiderlin success in that make up. 

Offloading Besic and McCarthy is a healthy LT decision so long as we hold on to Davies, Gana, and Roony for rotation/injury coverage. 

While I too want to see Lookman and Vlasic get minutes on the pitch, I probably would avoid playing them through the central pitch as they are clearly wide players. They will do well to play under and rotate with Bolasie and Walcott. 

All in all, this could potentially be a season-changing and, more significantly, a positive team-developing transfer...even considering a bias to see any changes as improvements during these dim days! 

5 hours ago, CobblestoneBoulevard said:

Rafinha would be a stellar upgrade for our central midfield in terms of ball retention and creativity. That said, I think Schneiderlin is still a very capable player stuck in a confidence-struggling midfield with limited quick, short passing options. Placed alongside Rafinha and Siggy would alleviate the pressures of a heavily-focused reliance on long balls and square/reverse ball movement. I could see a resurgence of last season’s Schneiderlin success in that make up. 

Offloading Besic and McCarthy is a healthy LT decision so long as we hold on to Davies, Gana, and Roony for rotation/injury coverage. 

While I too want to see Lookman and Vlasic get minutes on the pitch, I probably would avoid playing them through the central pitch as they are clearly wide players. They will do well to play under and rotate with Bolasie and Walcott. 

All in all, this could potentially be a season-changing and, more significantly, a positive team-developing transfer...even considering a bias to see any changes as improvements during these dim days! 

Brilliant post!