IGNORED

The Loneliness of the Long Distance Supporter

rubecula

I remember a time when I never missed a single game I went no matter what,  come rain or shine,  Mow I can only sit at home and watch it on the telly box.  It occured to ne how lucky I actually am ...  I have seen us okay for real in good times and in bad.  

I feel for the folks who have never seen us k=lift a trophym or even felt the atmosphere of a great game, often at night in a dark windswept arena.  

I love Toffeetalk for allowing others to share our dreams and memories of the past.  

Keep it up to the lads like me who have seen sadness and greatness and to others who have yet to sample these delights,  keep the faith  we will be great again and hopefully you will be there to cheer us home.

• Romey 1878 changed the title to The Loneliness of the Long Distance Supporter
1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Hear hear. I wouldn't say I feel lonely when watching on the box. I understand others feeling the same agonies and (sometime) ecstasy. All thanks to TT. Going to Goodison on Saturday it will be good to be there it's been a while.

Enjoy the game Gwlad,  I will not be there though,  but in spirit I will be with you all.

COYB.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I've usually got the game on the PC now, so I can have one screen with the game and the smaller one with TT. It's not the same as sitting next to someone in the pub or the game, but it's as good as I can get here in Switzerland :) 

Matt I share your pain my old friend, :(

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

yeah the thing is i find other people that "like" football but they mention players from 10 years ago.  one friend was still asking if clint dempsey played for spurs!!!  hard to find people who try and watch week in and out where i live, even harder to find an everton fan.  no worry, i'll get over to goodison before they close her up, meet all you old guys and have a few pints :)  great times will be had by all.

I’d say move to NYC, because there are a load of us, but, you know, don’t, because who wants to pay $2k a month for a 2-bedroom apartment. But do visit. You’ll always have a shitty couch to sleep on and a bathroom to share with 7 others in Brooklyn.

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hope all of our foreign fans get over for at least one game before the Grand Old Lady closes. She’s a special girl and it’d be a shame for any blue not to visit her. 

This is my biggest goal. Lived in Oxford for 4 months in 2009, but didn’t become a fan until 2010. I am determined to make it over in the next two years or so; just gotta figure out how.

18 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hope all of our foreign fans get over for at least one game before the Grand Old Lady closes. She’s a special girl and it’d be a shame for any blue not to visit her. 

Currently have a deposit on Everton USA's trip to Goodison for the Derby and also City in the prior weekend, but I may have to cancel. I have a few other vacation opportunities, so this may not be the right year.